Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Soo... BlueVM is down again. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Soo... BlueVM is down again.

2»

Comments

• lukesUbuntulukesUbuntu Member
    edited December 2013

mpkossen said: Wait a couple of seconds, it's an AJAX request that's taking place on the background. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, this could take a bit.

Depending on the backend/server been up/server load then your request should complete... unless the user is on dialup are you meaning?

• server down again today what the fxxx service from bluevm

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2013

@mpkossen said:

All of the other VM's were working fine and the node was down according to status page, so I think that's more likely the reason. Anyway, it's back up now (23 hours of downtime; can't really complain though, considering the price).

• I don't get why people think low prices is an excuse to give people a sub par/shitty service. Not sure how you like things, but generally when I pay for something, I expect it to work.

Clearly BlueVM is overstepping the bounds in which they're able to operate. With that whole no refunds thing, they get a butt load of money in with no promise in regards to uptime. It's like giving them free money.

1. BlueVM Communications LLC will strive to maintain 99.95% uptime in a given month. You as a customer understand that outages do happen and may be sudden and unexpected. BlueVM Communications LLC is not responsible in any way for outages to our systems and we highly encourage you to have multiple services in different geographic locations to prevent possible downtime.

2. If an outage occurs for longer than 30 minutes and said outage is unplanned you may request a credit for the downtime at a rate of 2% per hour for every hour of downtime. Outage credit will only be provided assuming: BlueVM Communications LLC was not in a planned 24 hour in advance maintenance window, you did not cause the outage (Eg rm -rf /*) and assuming that your VPS/server did not crash or was not attacked by a third party (Eg: DDOS/Hacking).

• Pls count how many downtime from 16/11 -3/12 - BLUE 3 CA node

@Mun said:
    1. BlueVM Communications LLC will strive to maintain 99.95% uptime in a given month. You as a customer understand that outages do happen and may be sudden and unexpected. BlueVM Communications LLC is not responsible in any way for outages to our systems and we highly encourage you to have multiple services in different geographic locations to prevent possible downtime.

1. If an outage occurs for longer than 30 minutes and said outage is unplanned you may request a credit for the downtime at a rate of 2% per hour for every hour of downtime. Outage credit will only be provided assuming: BlueVM Communications LLC was not in a planned 24 hour in advance maintenance window, you did not cause the outage (Eg rm -rf /*) and assuming that your VPS/server did not crash or was not attacked by a third party (Eg: DDOS/Hacking).
  • @Tsume said:
    I don't get why people think low prices is an excuse to give people a sub par/shitty service.

Because providing a very high quality service costs money.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2013

You can get a 64MB vps for 8$ with good support and uptime.

You can also get a poor vps from the a other provider for the same price.

The price is not important, it depends on the provider.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2013

Yes and the conditions the provider operates in.
    While this market is pretty much standardized (more than in most other markets), the local conditions vary a lot.
    BlueVM has many servers in many DCs. Since we left our Milano den we learned a lot about how it is to deal with crazy DCs and monopolies in places.
    It is convenient to have one provider and one invoice for locations on the whole continent but might not be that stable. You should be able to make a grid of redundancy, though.
    That said I am begining to change my view on BlueVM while my service is flawless lately, so many people cant be wrong, there are some issues there I hope only temporary due to holidays and special offers.

NOTE: Please excuse the lack of commas I got tired to go back and edit them in, I type very fast and my keyboard has an issue with it as well as shift left key, or rather my hands have because this is consistent over many keyboards, so please excuse it :)

• @mentari said:

Pls count how many downtime from 16/11 -3/12 - BLUE 3 CA node

Do I need to count for you as well, if you find your service is lacking create a ticket with them and ask for compensation. I am not staff, and I am simply giving you the TOS so that you would take the time to stop complaining and make a ticket asking for compensation since most of the complaints here are that they are stealing from me.

Mun

• @Mun if they answer any ticket, I would.

• @MorningIris said:
    Mun if they answer any ticket, I would.

They do, they answered one last night for me.

Mun

• @Mun Good for you...

• @Infinity580 said:
    The price is not important, it depends on the provider.

Economics are very often the underlying reason -- but before anyone flies off the handle frothing at the mouth, I understand there are exceptions.

You have to look at more than just X dollars for X amount of RAM, there is a bigger picture that often explains why one provider's $8/year VPS works better than another.

• I'll be blatantly honest here: We know that we have two things that need fixing right now and that happens to be user notification of downtime and support ticket responses in under 30 minutes. These things take time to implement and we understand it's frustrating to have your VPS go offline. We're looking to have both of these things resolved before the year is out. For the vast majority of our users there are no issues otherwise we'd have hundreds of threads like this every day all day. We do care about your uptime and service usability and we are working hard to improve it.

@mentari - I've been looking at the logs for that server I'm not showing any network disturbances on the node. I recently implemented a system on Feathur to log a server's connectablility on a minute by minute basis. Over the last 3 days there have been a total of 0 minutes that Feathur could not SSH into your node. That tells me something else entirely is going on with your VPS. If you'd like you can PM me a ticket number and we will gladly take a look into it.

• @BlueVM said:
    I'll be blatantly honest here: We know that we have two things that need fixing right now and that happens to be user notification of downtime and support ticket responses in under 30 minutes. These things take time to implement and we understand it's frustrating to have your VPS go offline. We're looking to have both of these things resolved before the year is out. For the vast majority of our users there are no issues otherwise we'd have hundreds of threads like this every day all day. We do care about your uptime and service usability and we are working hard to improve it.

mentari - I've been looking at the logs for that server I'm not showing any network disturbances on the node. I recently implemented a system on Feathur to log a server's connectablility on a minute by minute basis. Over the last 3 days there have been a total of 0 minutes that Feathur could not SSH into your node. That tells me something else entirely is going on with your VPS. If you'd like you can PM me a ticket number and we will gladly take a look into it.

Nice to hear that. I hope you can archieve your aims :)