Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VIA or ARM Dedicated Server with RAID1 in US for under $20/m?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VIA or ARM Dedicated Server with RAID1 in US for under $20/m?

I was wondering, does any one know of a company that can offer one of those low power servers (VIA or ARM) with 1-2GB RAM, 1Gbps connection (at least 100mbps guaranteed), and 2 HDs for RAID1.

Basically like the Online.net VIA servers, but with RAID1 and some where in US, west coast preferably. My budget is $10-$20/ month. Thank you.

Comments

• I have one at RS that I'm not using. Get them to reimage it and you can have it

• Oh wait hang on just was reading it properly. Only got one 250gb hdd

• 1-2GB RAM

at least 100mbps guaranteed

2 HDs for RAID1

budget is $10-$20/ month

lol, keep dreaming buddy

• Well mine is arm quad
    2gb ram
    1x250gb
    5tb @100mbit guaranteed
    And $19 a month

• c0yc0y Member
    edited December 2013

@AutoSnipe said:
    Well mine is arm quad
    2gb ram
    1x250gb
    5tb 100mbit guaranteed
    And $19 a month

drives are pretty expensive in comparison to those small servers (power, space, ROI)

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Well mine is arm quad
    2gb ram
    1x250gb
    5tb 100mbit guaranteed
    And $19 a month

Curious, where?

• Try to deal something with DelimiterVPS, I am sure they can do something in combination with the blackfriday promo running

• You can try Digicube, but set up may take a while and you may need to send snail mail for cancelling the server..

AMD 1 Coeur Zacate E-240 à 1,5Ghz - RAID SSDnouveau
    AMD Dual-Core Processor E350/E350D à 2x1,6Ghz
    Mémoire : 4 Go (DDRIII)
    2 disques 30 Go (SSD) / 30 Go (SSD) 

http://digicube.fr/rapidserveurs/8

12,80 € /mo annually or 16,00 € /mo monthly

AMD 2 coeurs Zacate E350 à 2x1,6Ghznouveau
    AMD Dual-Core Processor E350/E350D à 2x1,6Ghz
    Mémoire : 8 Go (DDRIII)
    2 disques 500 Go (SATAIII) / 500 Go (SATAIII) 

http://digicube.fr/rapidserveurs/43

14,40 € /mo annually or 18,00 € /mo monthly

• @skybucks100 : reliablesite.net
    Currently sold out but I'm letting mine expire.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    skybucks100 : reliablesite.net
    Currently sold out but I'm letting mine expire.

Why? Are they bad?

• Just didn't suit my needs. I have about 18 sites 15 of them massively user driven and traffic is just getting more and more every day. So thought I would expand a bit more.

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Just didn't suit my needs. I have about 18 sites 15 of them massively user driven and traffic is just getting more and more every day. So thought I would expand a bit more.

Hm, wanna play 20 Questions? I hope you do.. :)

Where's the server at? Specs? Network? Benchmarks?

Testing the water and see what's out there...

• lol..
    Piscataway, New Jersey
    Quad Core 1.7(or 1.9 cant remember but think its 1.9) 2GB DDR2 RAM 250GB Sata Hdd 5Tb @ 100mbit - its on Choopa's network. Dedicated 100mbit connection. and you will actually get the Full 100mbit where applicable.. no sharing it..
    Don't have a benchmark, waiting for new Ram stick to get installed as it failed on me.. (while doing a benchmark).. my one is paid until the 22nd of this month.

For the price it's pretty damn good..
    like i moved from the ARM @ RS.net to a Atom @ FDCServers through one of their colo clients and just moving to a E3 @ i3d in the next few days

as you can see my sites are growning a fair bit lol

• @AutoSnipe said:
    lol..
    Piscataway, New Jersey
    Quad Core 1.7(or 1.9 cant remember but think its 1.9) 2GB DDR2 RAM 250GB Sata Hdd 5Tb @ 100mbit - its on Choopa's network. Dedicated 100mbit connection. and you will actually get the Full 100mbit where applicable.. no sharing it..
    Don't have a benchmark, waiting for new Ram stick to get installed as it failed on me.. (while doing a benchmark).. my one is paid until the 22nd of this month.

For the price it's pretty damn good..
    like i moved from the ARM @ RS.net to a Atom @ FDCServers through one of their colo clients and just moving to a E3 @ i3d in the next few days

as you can see my sites are growning a fair bit lol

Wow, thats not half bad for $20. Curious though, how much was the arm and the atom? And was the E3 one of those $30 specials?

• Arm: $19
    Atom: $29
    E3: $55

• digicube.fr looks good, they do RAID1, but they are in France. Anything like that in USA. I just don't want to deal with cross oceanic latency. Something in California would be perfect.

Alternatively, any one know of a company offering cheep small server collocation? Something where they tell me what model servers they support. I would buy my own machine, set it up, and send it to them. I like this from a security standpoint. Any ideas? I would want 10+TB of bandwidth with at least 150mbps guaranteed speed, more is better. Same budget, $10-20/month. I would want remote power-cycle and a reliable network.

• @x0054

It's not a low powered processor but probably the closest thing your going to get within your budget.. the second drive is a one time fee of $15, but your monthly will still be under $20/mo.

Quite a few RAID options as well..

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 4200+ (2 cores)
     RAM: 4 GB DDRII 800 Memory
     HD1: 250 GB SATA Hard Drive
     HD2: 250 GB SATA $15 one time fee.
     BW: 100 Mbps / 8,000 GB Transfer
     IP: 2 IP Addresses
     $19.95/mo

http://volumedrive.com/vdrive/?a=dedicated

• x0054 said: I would want 10+TB of bandwidth with at least 150mbps guaranteed speed, more is better. Same budget, $10-20/month. I would want remote power-cycle and a reliable network.

Well, lets not go overboard with the requests ;) at your price point you really are looking at budget hosting.. it's kinda hard to fill all that @ $20/mo.

VD does have colo @ $19.95/mo if you are interested, but I doubt you get a remote reboot port. Maybe you could buy a server with IPMI..