Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need a powerful server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need a powerful server

sam111sam111 Member
edited November 2021 in Requests

Hi guys, so i have a project that requires a powerful cpu and/or gpu for some complex algorithms tests, don't need any bandwidth, hard drive space or internet speed, just a powerful server, any suggestions ?

Comments

• No budget, no specific compute requirements?

Amazon EC2 P4d
    Up to 8x NVIDIA A100.
    https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/instance-types/p4/

• hetzner,netcup

Thanked by 2sam111 Hetzner_OL
  • @louiejordan said:
    hetzner,netcup

Amazing choice for GPU servers, because neither of these providers has it.

• the thing is i don't wanna pay for hard drive , ram or high speed internet ,wanna pay these expenses on the cpu power

• @sam111 said:
    the thing is i don't wanna pay for hard drive , ram or high speed internet ,wanna pay these expenses on the cpu power

Azure N-series VMs are worth looking at, they have several sub-series with different mixes of compute and GPU, you can pick your disk size and pay for what you use in terms of traffic.

Thanked by 2Sanjue007 sam111
  • Large dedicated server(s) come by default with a lot of memory / hard drive... After you cancel the server the demand of High CPU with low memory is probally none so you have them both or your have nothing...

Thanked by 1sam111
  • thank you so much guys, you have been very helpful

• Sounds like a perfect use-case for serverless GPU compute, though I am quite surprised the big boys still don't seem to have this (AWS has Lambda but you can't specify the backing instance type).

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

Here is a list of dedicated servers sorted by the lowest price per CPU benchmark:
    https://www.serverhunter.com/?search=JND-DAL-CVJ

You won't find any VPSs in this search because benchmarks are based on a dedicated CPU only. :)

Thanked by 2ralf sgno1
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@sam111 said:
    don't need any bandwidth, hard drive space or internet speed

Hi, we can offer the following for your complex algorithm needs:

• 2x EPYC 7763 69-core processors
    • 2TB DDR4 3200MT/s RAM
    • 4x NVIDIA A100 GPU
    • 0GB high performance NVMe storage
    • 0Gbps network speed
    • 0TB monthly transfer
    • IPMI not supported
    • unlimited remote flipper service included
    • hosted in our secure data center at the South Pole, we have no wooden racks

To make a payment, please place cash into the nearest fireplace.
    Activation is automatic once you've made payment.

Thanked by 1Trav
  • @yoursunny said:

@sam111 said:

• 2TB DDR4 3200MT/s RAM
    • 4x NVIDIA A100 GPU
    • 0Gbps network speed
    • 0TB monthly transfer
    • IPMI not supported

Thanks, seems to be nice offer, would you do 2x of these? /s

• @ServerHunter said:
    You won't find any VPSs in this search because benchmarks are based on a dedicated CPU only. :)

Good list, although when I changed to sort by max speed (I'm primarily interested in maximum single core speed for my use case), some of the fastest ones definitely say VPS when you click on them. They're also listed by burst speed (e.g. i9-9900K as 5GHz instead of 3.6GHz), so even if the cores are "dedicated", you still might not hit that if everyone else on the node is maxing out the CPU as well.

• JasonhyperhostJasonhyperhost Member, Patron Provider

would be a idea to list what are your Specs required Network, Location & your budget to give Providers a better idea if they can meet your needs

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@TheKiller said:

@yoursunny said:

@sam111 said:

• 2TB DDR4 3200MT/s RAM
    • 4x NVIDIA A100 GPU
    • 0Gbps network speed
    • 0TB monthly transfer
    • IPMI not supported

Thanks, seems to be nice offer, would you do 2x of these? /s

We have unlimited inventory and they can be stacked infinitely.

To order 2 servers, deposit cash 2 times separately to the fireplace.

To order 1 server of 2 stacked resources, you can choose the multiply option:

• Deposit a stack of 2 bills, on top of each other, to the fireplace
    • 4x EPYC 15526 138-core processors
    • 4TB DDR8 6400MT/s RAM
    • 8x NVIDIA A200 GPU
    • 0Gbps network speed
    • 0TB monthly transfer

Or you can choose the concat option:

• Deposit 2 bills, next to each other (one left and one right, affix with tape to ensure correct orientation), to the fireplace
    • 22x EPYC 77637763 6969-core processors
    • 22TB DDR44 32003200MT/s RAM
    • 44x NVIDIA A100100 GPU
    • 00GB high performance NVMe storage
    • 00Gbps network speed
    • 00TB monthly transfer
  • VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

We have a lot of (100+) GPUs at all consumer levels, mainly RTX 3060, but nothing fancy like A100, A40, etc. They've just been collecting dust so if you or anyone else is interested, we can build something, we just never officially launched anything.

Depending on location, cost breakdown:

Base Cost - $110/MO+$160 SETUP or $1100/YR
    Ryzen 5950X - $125/MO or $750/YR or $750 SETUP
    RTX 3060 - $175/MO or $1350/YR

Addition 1x RTX 3060 - $200/MO or $1800/YR, Max 3 additional per server.

Other GPU would scale in terms of price based on their equivalent benchmarks. The market right now seems to align with hash rate due to crypto so that's the best "benchmark" for it, aka if you want a GPU that's half the hashrate of 3060 we probably have it and it'd be half the cost above.

Base cost would include initial power usage, space, standard bandwidth level, and a small standard level of resources we have in stock for the server to function so probably 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe, and even a low-end CPU if you only need GPU (so you can subtract out cost for 5950X above.)

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

@VirMach said:
    We have a lot of (100+) GPUs at all consumer levels, mainly RTX 3060, but nothing fancy like A100, A40, etc. They've just been collecting dust so if you or anyone else is interested, we can build something, we just never officially launched anything.

Depending on location, cost breakdown:

Base Cost - $110/MO+$160 SETUP or $1100/YR
    Ryzen 5950X - $125/MO or $750/YR or $750 SETUP
    RTX 3060 - $175/MO or $1350/YR

Addition 1x RTX 3060 - $200/MO or $1800/YR, Max 3 additional per server.

Other GPU would scale in terms of price based on their equivalent benchmarks. The market right now seems to align with hash rate due to crypto so that's the best "benchmark" for it, aka if you want a GPU that's half the hashrate of 3060 we probably have it and it'd be half the cost above.

Base cost would include initial power usage, space, standard bandwidth level, and a small standard level of resources we have in stock for the server to function so probably 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe, and even a low-end CPU if you only need GPU (so you can subtract out cost for 5950X above.)

The OP ran.

• ServerHunterServerHunter Member, Host Rep

@ralf said: Good list, although when I changed to sort by max speed (I'm primarily interested in maximum single core speed for my use case), some of the fastest ones definitely say VPS when you click on them. They're also listed by burst speed (e.g. i9-9900K as 5GHz instead of 3.6GHz), so even if the cores are "dedicated", you still might not hit that if everyone else on the node is maxing out the CPU as well.

Right, you'll have to change the filters on the left to dedicated only. The reason this is not needed when sorting by benchmark is because only dedicated servers have benchmark scores. :)

Burst speed should never be included in the speed, but some providers might have entered the wrong values there. I'll try to separate them in the near future using the CPU spec database.

• sam111sam111 Member
    edited November 2021

@yoursunny said: Hi, we can offer the following for your complex algorithm needs:

>

should i laugh now ?

• @Jasonhyperhost said:
    would be a idea to list what are your Specs required Network, Location & your budget to give Providers a better idea if they can meet your needs

does not matter , 10 gb bandwidth any location, just want a high performance cpu/gpu/ram with ubuntu, thats it

• afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

@sam111 said:

@yoursunny said: Hi, we can offer the following for your complex algorithm needs:

>

should i laugh now ?

tbh, yeah... I mean take it easy, life is good. Have a laugh and relax... even if it is a meh-joke. we don't all have the same sense of humor. At least he tried...

And tbh, you are the one to blame at first for saying nonsense "don't need bandwidth...internet speed... hard drive space ". You are the one not phrasing things correctly. A lot of people here are so technical/scientific. Such vague descriptions really make someone like me (and probably @yoursunny) want to revoke your right of using internet until you learn to be precise enough.

You refuse to specify your budget range and internet spec. I can suggest 10mbps for 1200$/monthly. If that's okay for you, let me know. I will arrange it.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @afn said:

@sam111 said:

>

should i laugh now ?

tbh, yeah... I mean take it easy, life is good. Have a laugh and relax... even if it is a meh-joke. we don't all have the same sense of humor. At least he tried...

And tbh, you are the one to blame at first for saying nonsense "don't need bandwidth...internet speed... hard drive space ". You are the one not phrasing things correctly.

i think its obvious that i want the minimal requirements for that, and put my money on what i need, but thanks for your comment i really should laugh :D

Thanked by 1afn