Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's so great about hosting in Singapore?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What's so great about hosting in Singapore?

Hi

I keep seeing all these posts and interest about servers/hosting in Singapore - sorry if this comes across as a completely noob question - and maybe I've missed something here - but what's all the interest about with Singapore, are there several reasons why Singapore would be better for hosting than anywhere else Asia/Pacific?

Thanked by 1Logano

Comments

• Good connectivity for mjjs and people in the APAC region.

• henixhenix Member
    edited November 2021

Nothing. It's expensive to host there because of the bandwidth i believe and many look here for some cheap deals i guess

//edit

@ferefient said: Good connectivity for mjjs

that too

• @fixxation said:
    Hi

I keep seeing all these posts and interest about servers/hosting in Singapore - sorry if this comes across as a completely noob question - and maybe I've missed something here - but what's all the interest about with Singapore, are there several reasons why Singapore would be better for hosting than anywhere else Asia/Pacific?

Lower ping rate for those in Asia. For example I get close to 150ms in Europe based from Asia while from Singapore its less than 100. Using copper line DSL.

Thanked by 1fixxation
  • Lower ping, especially on SE Asia which International Bandwidth so slow

• @fixxation said:
    Hi

@FAT32 lives in Sg. That should be reason enough!

• Lower ping time for apac users

• heart of apac

on various map perspectives

Thanked by 1fixxation
  • edited November 2021

@vyas11 said: why Singapore would be better for hosting than anywhere else Asia/Pacific?

major subsea cables (to EU/HK/JP/US) goes through SG, lower latency to asian countries (compared to taiwan/hong kong/japan), most asian ISPs have presence in singapore exchanges (equinix SG IX, SGIX, etc)

Thanked by 2fixxation rm_
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

SG is where all the shit from Europe lands and you can jump into APACA.

India is fucking useless, so nothing else to use.

Thanked by 1fixxation
  • @nanankcornering said:

@vyas11 said: why Singapore would be better for hosting than anywhere else Asia/Pacific?

major subsea cables (to EU/HK/JP/US) goes through SG, lower latency to asian countries (compared to taiwan/hong kong/japan), most asian ISPs have presence in singapore exchanges (equinix SG IX, SGIX, etc)

I do not recall writing the post attributed to me

• adanforestadanforest Member
    edited November 2021

i'm looking for sg deals too.

• Got it, glad I finally know in case I ever need a server down there. Thanks for all the replies and detail. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

All that's been said above about low latency, AND it is also way cheaper compared to HK and Japan.

Thanked by 1afn
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

If you connect from Europe to APACA's.

Always go direct, does not matter if SG, HK or JP.
    You can get all of these within 160ms if you do it correctly.

By default all your shit makes a flyby around SG and you pay +++ in latency.

Thanked by 2pedagang poisson
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@henix said:
    Nothing. It's expensive to host there because of the bandwidth i believe and many look here for some cheap deals i guess

It's cheap for APAC. All of APAC is expensive compared to Europe and the US.

• _MS__MS_ Member
    edited November 2021
    • Peering.
    • Presence of big cloud providers/DCs.
    • Lower latency for APAC users as compared to Europe or US West Coast.
    • Cheaper than some other Asian countries.
    • Many buy it as their 3rd/4th location for their projects/apps, you know, for world domination. Server in each part of the world - US East/West or Central, EU, Asia.
  • CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

As mentioned above great location for APAC, average of 100-120ms to apac and 200-ish ms to most places around the world.

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • Low ping and great reach to US as well. The ping from SG to JP is almost similar to SG to US West.

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • @fixxation said:
    I keep seeing all these posts and interest about servers/hosting in Singapore

Because it has less of risks for a shark biting submarine cables connecting to Asia Pacific.

• gowthamgowtham Member, Host Rep

Good connectivity to APAC. I am getting lower ping around 40ms~

• Better connectivity IMO. Even me, I prefer singapore over my country's vps lel

• largest international data hub in asia :)