Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Psychz - E3-1230 v2 -16GB - 1TB HDD - 1Gbps Copper -100TB - Los Angeles, USA - 24.00 USD - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Psychz - E3-1230 v2 -16GB - 1TB HDD - 1Gbps Copper -100TB - Los Angeles, USA - 24.00 USD

2»

Comments

• @jenkki said:
    I mean you already blamed me for a different reasons including nationality etc. I can count more than enough

Sure, whatever you say. Pointless arguing with a dumb wall.

• @dev_vps said: Thank you for calling me an idiot.

Better to say provoker for your own behavior.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

@jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: Thank you for calling me an idiot.

Better to say provoker for your own behavior.

Sure, whatever you makes you happy. Pointless arguing with a dumb wall.

• @dev_vps said: Sure, whatever you makes you happy. Pointless arguing with a dumb wall.

No one answer me to my question in yellow.

Accepted.

• dev_vpsdev_vps Member
    edited November 2021

You are no one to dictate rules.

• @jenkki said:

@dev_vps said: Sure, whatever you makes you happy. Pointless arguing with a dumb wall.

No one answer me to my question in yellow.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • conclusion, wait and see on better offer .....

• @dev_vps said: You are no one to dictate rules.

You are no one for blaming me and teach for your own manners. I have respond to everyone.

Thanked by 1ferefient
  • It's not easy to use. There is no email notification when the server is opened. The network is very difficult to use, very magical IDC

Thanked by 1pedagang
  • @jenkki said:

@MeAtExampleDotCom said: From the person who in another thread called me a nazi for suggesting he not attack another who politely pointed out that a sentence made no sense…

Because I call you nazi. That right.

I was not suggesting that anything in this thread is because you invoked Godwin's law.

I was suggesting that you complaining about other people being necessarily angry and insulting, when you yourself have a history of doing the same, makes you a hypocrite.

Perhaps if you were not angry, aggressive, and insulting, at the slightest provocation, people would treat you better? If not, you could at least claim the higher ground. As it is you are no better, in fact you are currently coming off looking worse.

I have many English speaking partners they tell me my English in good level.

In that particular instance the sentence did not parse into anything coherent. Someone pointed that out, and you became angrily defensive. Your English may generally be of a good level, but in that example it certainly was not, someone politely pointed this out, and you responded in a rather dickish manner.

No need blame me for typo errors.

That was not a typo situation. It was an entire sentence that made no sense. And not the only one you have written since both in that thread and others. Perhaps learn from this, or just let it go and move on. But I expect you'll angrily reply with further insults, as that is a definite pattern in your behaviour, much as supercilious responses are a pattern in mine.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @MeAtExampleDotCom said: MeAtExampleDotCom

Hello!

• @MeAtExampleDotCom said: MeAtExampleDotCom

Good morning!

• @icebeer871 said: The network is VERY temperamental but seems to be mostly okay in North America. To other locations, it's a roll of the dice. To my home connection in Europe, I can't even reliably keep an ssh session open for more than 5 minutes.

IMO this is one of the major weaknesses with Psychz's network. HostHatch use Psychz in Los Angeles, and even though I'm fairly close (near San Francisco, ~18ms ping) I still experience issues with SSH connections dropping several times per day. I can use Eternal Terminal to work around the issue, but it's still frustrating since it also sometimes breaks my backups (which use Borgbackup over SSH) since it drops the connection while the backup is taking place. I've encountered the same issue at other providers that use Psychz too.

@TimboJones said:
    How are you fucking up quoting people? Misquoting people intentionally should get you punched in the face.

Not sure if they're trolling or not, but quoting in Vanilla is pretty buggy (particularly when partially quoting a comment, especially on mobile) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Vanilla being weird.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@jenkki Will not enjoy those Black Friday deals! Personally you need to chill and take some time off of let. Not everyone is out to get you. You been toooooooo defensive about the use of the Engrish language. Anyways enjoys the holidays!

• @Daniel15 said:

@icebeer871 said: The network is VERY temperamental but seems to be mostly okay in North America. To other locations, it's a roll of the dice. To my home connection in Europe, I can't even reliably keep an ssh session open for more than 5 minutes.

IMO this is one of the major weaknesses with Psychz's network. HostHatch use Psychz in Los Angeles, and even though I'm fairly close (near San Francisco, ~18ms ping) I still experience issues with SSH connections dropping several times per day.

Good to know it's not just me. In Chicago, the compute instance drops multiple times a day and both the storage ones generally stay connected for days. I've idled the 3TB LA this year, but I think I'll open an ssh session just to see.

I can use Eternal Terminal to work around the issue, but it's still frustrating since it also sometimes breaks my backups (which use Borgbackup over SSH) since it drops the connection while the backup is taking place. I've encountered the same issue at other providers that use Psychz too.

Thanks, will check that out. I haven't yet noticed my Borg backups being affected since its the storage, but I realize I need more cron monitoring to be sure.

@TimboJones said:
    How are you fucking up quoting people? Misquoting people intentionally should get you punched in the face.

Not sure if they're trolling or not, but quoting in Vanilla is pretty buggy (particularly when partially quoting a comment, especially on mobile) so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just Vanilla being weird.

>

I use mobile the majority of the time. You press quote and it's done for you. It can get laggy and buggy when site is under DDoS, but not in general. Just @ing the person instead of fake quote is fine, too.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@TimboJones said: I haven't yet noticed my Borg backups being affected since its the storage, but I realize I need more cron monitoring to be sure.

The monitoring service I use has "heartbeat monitoring" for cronjobs. You hit a URL (eg via cURL) after the cronjob, and it fires an alert if it doesn't receive a heartbeat within a specified period of time. I just only ping the URL if Borgbackup has no errors or warnings. It's not ideal as I still need to SSH to the server to figure out what's wrong, but it's good enough for now.

I use mobile the majority of the time. You press quote and it's done for you

I meant the feature where you select text then a quote option comes up to just quote that text. It's pretty buggy especially if multiple paragraphs are selected. Quoting the entire post is usually fine.

• @Daniel15 said:
    I meant the feature where you select text then a quote option comes up to just quote that text. It's pretty buggy especially if multiple paragraphs are selected. Quoting the entire post is usually fine.

I don't get that feature on mobile, just desktop.

• @chrisfe said:
    I'm using some Dacentec servers. Has anyone used both Dacentec and Psychz and had experience with both?

I have used both - stuck with Psychz since 2016. I even visited their DC in Los Angeles once. Nice outfit if I may say so myself.

Thanked by 1chrisfe
  • We need SGP Deals

• @TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

It works if you appease the Vanilla gods and select the text then click in exactly the right place. The fact that it breaks half the time means that it's usually not worth the effort though.

Having said that, I like this method of quoting (at least in desktop browsers) because it retains a link to the original comment, whereas the main quote button doesn't.

Thanked by 1TimboJones
  • @Daniel15 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

It works if you appease the Vanilla gods and select the text then click in exactly the right place. The fact that it breaks half the time means that it's usually not worth the effort though.

Having said that, I like this method of quoting (at least in desktop browsers) because it retains a link to the original comment, whereas the main quote button doesn't.

You tripped me up on a screenshot with two quote links :)

I'm using Chrome and highlighting words just gets the word selection double blue bar things to copy/search/select all/etc. What browser are you using? Are you doing short press vs long press to differentiate the two?

• @Daniel15 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

An unrelated question - why do you have 60 tabs open 😂 Your phone must be having a panic attack by now.

• @NobodyInteresting said:
    An unrelated question - why do you have 60 tabs open 😂 Your phone must be having a panic attack by now.

The tabs stop counting after 99. I think that tab group feature was for people like us with all the tabs.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Daniel15 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

You should see my work PC 👀

And that's just one window out of several.

It's got a Threadripper CPU with 128GB RAM so the tabs don't bog down the system at all, and I just haven't gotten around to closing tabs I no longer need.

Mobile browsers don't count past 99. Firefox shows an infinity symbol while Chrome shows a smiley face.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • TimboJonesTimboJones Member
    edited November 2021

@Daniel15 said:

@NobodyInteresting said:

@Daniel15 said:

@TimboJones said:

@Daniel15 said:

You should see my work PC 👀

And that's just one window out of several.

It's got a Threadripper CPU with 128GB RAM so the tabs don't bog down the system at all, and I just haven't gotten around to closing tabs I no longer need.

Mobile browsers don't count past 99. Firefox shows an infinity symbol while Chrome shows a smiley face.

Amazon sold me three 2920X's two BF's ago that was well below cost at that time. All those PCIe lane goodness.

I run triple 32” monitors, but at 316 tabs in a single window, I don't know how you can move between the tabs without using keyboard.

Even with all that RAM, fucking excel still ran into a clipboard copy/paste problem due to memory today. But that's just shitty excel bugs.

Do you use onetab or something along those lines? Before Chrome would remember my open tabs when Windows would force update and reboot, I'd shed several man tears losing all those non-bookmarked tabs.