Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 304
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• @Murv said:

@Nekki said: I played TimeStripper Mako when I was 16. 16! Relative innocence gone in an instant.

Damn, it's quite old... It doesn't seem that bad thou.

Yes, I am (relatively) old.

By today’s standards it’s probably quite tame, but in an era largely before the internet was a common thing to have (told you I was old), mind-blowing.

• @Nekki said: By today’s standards it’s probably quite tame, but in an era largely before the internet was a common thing to have (told you I was old), mind-blowing.

Yeah thinking about it like that... That's actually amazing.
    Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

@Nekki you don't sound that much older than me - and I would say I'm not old lol.

• @Murv said: Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

Wait no, there was no Chrunchyroll back then... How did people get their hands on anime?

• @Murv said: Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

You wouldn't have met your Nekki-chan, then :D

Thanked by 1Murv
  • @Murv said:

@Nekki said: By today’s standards it’s probably quite tame, but in an era largely before the internet was a common thing to have (told you I was old), mind-blowing.

Yeah thinking about it like that... That's actually amazing.
    Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

Honestly, I feel like it was. Having all this media readily available has kind of spoiled it for future generations.

I remember the excitement of finally getting Akira on VHS, and I remember paying £45 for a single episode of Bubblegum Crisis!

Thanked by 2Murv skorous
  • @MS said: You wouldn't have met your Nekki-chan, then :D

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • @Mr_Tom said:
    @Nekki you don't sound that much older than me - and I would say I'm not old lol.

I feel older than I am.

• @Murv said:

@Murv said: Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

Wait no, there was no Chrunchyroll back then... How did people get their hands on anime?

Fansubbed VHS tapes at markets, then a few years later, fansubbed episodes via torrent. It took me 3 weeks of constantly having my dial-up connection on to download the entire of Macross 7.

Thanked by 1Murv
  • @Nekki said: Honestly, I feel like it was. Having all this media readily available has kind of spoiled it for future generations.

I remember the excitement of finally getting Akira on VHS, and I remember paying £45 for a single episode of Bubblegum Crisis!

I feel somewhat nostalgic reading that even though I haven't done any of that...
    That excitement is something the younger generations would never feel...

• @Nekki said: Fansubbed VHS tapes at markets, then a few years later, fansubbed episodes via torrent. It took me 3 weeks of constantly having my dial-up connection on to download the entire of Macross 7.

Hey! At least I know dial-up! Still remember the weird noises. The nostalgia...
    Now I feel quite old myself...

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

512kbps broadband seemed amazing compared to dial up. Now it'd be terrible.

Thanked by 2Murv zxrlha
  • @MS said: You wouldn't have met your Nekki-chan, then :D

Imagine an alternate universe where I'm Nekki-chan's classmate in high school...

Thanked by 1_MS_
  • DirectAdmin Reseller Package II

Disk Space - 50GB (PM me Invoice no will add extra 8GB Storage) For next 10 LET users
    Bandwidth - 3TB (PM me Invoice no will add extra 1 TB bandwidth)
    Sub Accounts - Unlimited (Limit is your Disk Space!)
    Control Panel - DirectAdmin
    SSL Certificates - FREE Letsencrypt Certificates
    Location USA
    Promo code: **FAT32CMR

offer price : $24/year
    Order Here:

IMPORTANT:

No refunds for promotional packages
    Do not sign up with VPN/fake details or order will marked as fraud
    If there's any error while applying coupon, then coupon limit has reached

Thanked by 2FAT32 user123
  • You lot are all youngsters! 56k wasn't even a thing when I bought my first modem. I actually remember being very excited when I upgraded and the speeds were almost doubled.

• Obligatory.

Thanked by 2ralf equalz
  • @Mr_Tom said:
    512kbps broadband seemed amazing compared to dial up. Now it'd be terrible.

I remember thinking how amazing it was I could download arcade machine ROMs in 5 minutes and it was only costing me 25p. 25p for games that used to cost 20p a play in the arcade!

Thanked by 3Mr_Tom zxrlha Murv
  • @Murv said:

@Murv said: Sometimes I wish I was born before the Internet era, things seemed a bit more fun...

Several years ago, some online video sites, and torrents.
    Then not watch animes for several years.

• Animes over torrent, good time. Still do this, actually. Just downloaded like 2TB on one of the boxes I got here from a few private trackers which have subs on my mother tongue.

• @Murv said:

@MS said: You wouldn't have met your Nekki-chan, then :D

Imagine an alternate universe where I'm Nekki-chan's classmate in high school...

I used to have a neat sideline selling bootlegged anime to the kids at my school, I reckon you’d have been an excellent customer.

On a darker note, I’m reckon I’m responsible for a large part of my borough having seen Urotsukidoji by age 15. That’s another one that’ll fuck you up in the pre-internet era.

Thanked by 1Murv
  • @Nekki said: I used to have a neat sideline selling bootlegged anime to the kids at my school, I reckon you’d have been an excellent customer.

On a darker note, I’m reckon I’m responsible for a large part of my borough having seen Urotsukidoji by age 15. That’s another one that’ll fuck you up in the pre-internet era.

That'd be cool!
    Wish I could live a childhood like that, I'd make quite a few comrades for myself! Old times really were more fun...

Pretty sure I'd find a way to fuck myself up in the pre-internet era too...

• @Mr_Tom said:
    512kbps broadband seemed amazing compared to dial up.

Oooh, that reminds me of another time in... maybe 2000, when I was buying a leased line into our new office. At the time, BT's policy was up to 2Mbps was twisted pair, and 2Mbps+ was fibre. There was a lead time of 2-3 months for both. We said we wanted 2Mbps initially and 4Mbps 6-12 months later, but they said they'd do the copper line first because it was easier, and then later kept making excuses why they couldn't install fibre so we couldn't upgrade after that.

• @Ouji said:
    Animes over torrent, good time. Still do this, actually. Just downloaded like 2TB on one of the boxes I got here from a few private trackers which have subs on my mother tongue.

I have a PulseMedia seedbox that exclusively seeds high-quality versions of classic mecha anime. Gotta give a little back and make sure the next generation get to experience Top o Nerae: Gunbuster.

Thanked by 1Ouji
  • :'( It's 2021 now, and my home connection is only 15Mbps, and I pay for 30EUR each month for that. Fuck.

• @zxrlha said:
    :'( It's 2021 now, and my home connection is only 15Mbps, and I pay for 30EUR each month for that. Fuck.

Not dissimilar to prices in the UK. I think my mum just got quoted £35 for 20Mbps.

• @Nekki said: Top o Nerae: Gunbuster

Nekki-chan seems like quite the legendary weeb himself, helping the younger generation weebs...

Thanked by 1zxrlha
  • @Nekki said: I have a PulseMedia seedbox that exclusively seeds high-quality versions of classic mecha anime. Gotta give a little back and make sure the next generation get to experience Top o Nerae: Gunbuster.

I actually enjoy Mecha, can you PM me the tracker or invite me, if you can? I will make sure to seed as well :)

• @Nekki said:
    I have a PulseMedia seedbox that exclusively seeds high-quality versions of classic mecha anime. Gotta give a little back and make sure the next generation get to experience Top o Nerae: Gunbuster.

A man of culture, just as expected. :smiley:

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • @Murv said:

@Nekki said: Top o Nerae: Gunbuster

Nekki-chan seems like quite the legendary weeb himself, helping the younger generation weebs...

No-one really makes mecha anime these days so gotta make the classics available.

Thanked by 1Murv
  • Did I miss all finnish detonations, or is some small space still available? :p

This discussion has been closed.