Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡ - Page 205
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2021 Black Friday / Cyber Monday Official Megathread + Flash Deals ⚡

Comments

• Did anyone ask?

Thanked by 3vr10 dahartigan FrankZ
  • MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
  • MEEEEE

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR
    edited November 2021

To boost the spirit: I will reimburse a random BF purchase up to 50 EUR (roughly 55 USD). Click "Thanks" on the top of my post, and be sure to post your purchase somewhere and mention me :-)

Terms:
    I will collect all attendees tonight at 00:00 Amsterdam time, and reach out to the lucky one. Reimbursement through PayPal or SEPA bank transfer only. Proof of payment and order by the winner shall be proven to me in private. Purchase of our own services is excluded of reimbursement, but I can give free service. Obviously only orders with Providers who have a LET provider tag are eligible.

• @FAT32 said: Hmmmm who wants some VPS below $10/yr?

Thanked by 2FAT32 xiaosong
  • Meeee. Thank you

• @FAT32 said:
    Hmmmm who wants some VPS below $10/yr?

Meeow

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said:

Everyone inside the forum

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @RickBakkr said:
    To boost the spirit: I will reimburse a random BF purchase up to 50 EUR (roughly 55 USD). Click "Thanks" on the top of my post, and be sure to post your purchase somewhere and mention me :-)

Terms:
    I will collect all attendees tonight at 00:00 Amsterdam time, and reach out to the lucky one. Reimbursement through PayPal or SEPA bank transfer only. Proof of payment and order by the winner shall be proven to me in private. Purchase of our own services is excluded of reimbursement, but I can give free service. Obviously only orders with Providers who have a LET provider tag are eligible.

Wow.

• @FAT32 said:
    Basically, here's the rank of most crazy to least crazy festive based on my experience:

• Black Friday
    • Cyber Monday
    • Christmas
    • Easter
    • New Year
    • Independence Day

These 6 are also the different events that we will celebrate in LET, which will have megathread like this one (But minus the flash sale).

Good to know that Easter is reasonably big then, as that's a few months out and all the others are all squashed into 6 weeks!

However, some providers didn't do any sales at all, so waiting for BF doesn't help at all, or some might do it during their birthday or equivalent.

Yeah, I've now come across a couple of those too.

@jmgcaguicla said:
    It pays to be a LET regular instead of just dropping by every BF.

Ah good to know about the other events. I'll be sticking round a while anyway, and actually came across LET by chance just in time to pick up a couple of VPS in RN's 11-11 sale.

Anyway, the reason I'm so vague on everything is while I used to do a lot of server admin 15-20 years ago (200+ machines in the days before VMs), I've been out of the game for a long while now as I switched career trajectory completely.

I've just quit my job to work on my own startup app and I know I'll be needing decent hosting for the server-side backend, but at this stage I'm still not even sure of my server's memory profile yet because it's nowhere near finished, let alone how big the user base might be. So, I'm buying enough to get started for the first few thousand users, but if all goes well, I might want to ramp up quickly later on...

But right now, all the shiny things I've bought in the last month are probably going to idle for the next couple of months at least, so while I'm happy with my current purchase that total around $25 a month, spending much more on additional services is pretty hard to justify at the moment!

Anyway, thanks both for your answers, good food for thought.

Thanked by 2FAT32 jmgcaguicla
  • @FAT32 said:

MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @RickBakkr said: To boost the spirit: I will reimburse a random BF purchase up to 50 EUR (roughly 55 USD). Click "Thanks" on the top of my post, and be sure to post your purchase somewhere and mention me :-)

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@RickBakkr said:

• didn't get and now i don't want anything from this thread.

but i will just check

because its a habbit

• ralfralf Member
    edited November 2021

@RickBakkr said:
    To boost the spirit: I will reimburse a random BF purchase up to 50 EUR

I'm happy with not winning, as the deals I've bought were already great value, but wanted to reply to say thanks on behalf of whoever wins, because this is a super cool and unique gesture!

• @RickBakkr said: To boost the spirit: I will reimburse a random BF purchase up to 50 EUR (roughly 55 USD). Click "Thanks" on the top of my post, and be sure to post your purchase somewhere and mention me :-)

Why doesn't Crunchyroll do BF/CM deals on LET...

• @naranjatech said:

FLASH SALE 48€/year (+tax if applicable)

• 8 GB RAM
    • 4 CPU Cores (AMD EPYC 7351)
    • 160 GB SSD
    • 5 TB Traffic
    • 1 Gbps port speed
    • 1 IPv4
    • /64 IPv6
    • KVM

Coupon Code: UR9XE1G21N

Quantity: 8

ORDER HERE

Got one of them @RickBakkr

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

@ralf said: but wanted to reply to say thanks on behalf of whoever wins, because this is a super cool and unique gesture!

>

Appreciated. Am just there to help out the fellow providers in this insane scene. Stay tuned, as we have plans to enter this insane, yet addictive, low-end market during next calendar year ;-). For now, all I can do is sit back, enjoy the spirit and do my deed.

Thanked by 4Murv cadddr ariq01 ralf
  • qinmmqinmm Member
    edited November 2021

Seems nothing happened? I don’t know how many people use F5

• @FAT32 said:

meeeee

Thanked by 1FAT32
  • @FAT32 said:

That will be legendary deal if pair with Asia server

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

The next deal which is < $10/yr is not in Asia but it is in Los Angeles! :smiley:

Thanked by 2ariq01 blackeye
  • add_iTadd_iT Member
    edited November 2021

@RickBakkr said:

Terms:

If purchasing more than 50 Euro (eg. $60), we can still have a chance to get 50 Euro reimburse right ??

• @FAT32 said:
    The next deal which is < $10/yr is not in Asia but it is in Los Angeles! :smiley:

I want Asia :(

• @FAT32 said:

I am in if ram have 2GB or more

• @FAT32 said: The next deal which is < $10/yr is not in Asia but it is in Los Angeles!

Please reveal the provider so we can register in advance :smiley: Registering during flash sale is pain in the ass. >:)

• @RickBakkr said:

Daym thats some high end Low End Spirit right there!!1!!11!eleven!1!

Is it sufficient to just mention the OBHost $20/y year deal that i bought not knowing what for, discovered is just what a friend needs and am giving away before its even bloody allocated lmao? Or do i need an order number or something?
    TY heaps for the added excitement!
    So much for idling eh ;)

• brueggusbrueggus Member, IPv6 Advocate

@FAT32 said:

Did Cloudcone apologize?

This discussion has been closed.