Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS with an IPv4 /28 for <$40-50/year | Location: CA/US
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS with an IPv4 /28 for <$40-50/year | Location: CA/US

ferefientferefient Member
edited November 2021 in Requests

Please tell me if I am being unrealistic, or the like, but with SYS, I was able to get a /28 for $24 USD (yeah, wish I owned the actual /16 that they no doubt pulled the /28 out from). 100mbit would be fine, and if the bandwidth is unmetered, that would be better, but if it's gigabit, I would be even happier.

So, basically, this is what I want:

• A single CPU core (must have AES pass-through)
  • 256-512MB of RAM
  • 5-10GB of storage (don't care if it's on a HDD/SSD)
  • The /28 IPv4 subnet, of course.

Comments

• WickedWicked Member
    edited November 2021

You don't mention CPU, RAM and storage.

• @Wicked said:
    You don't mention CPU, RAM and storage.

My bad, just 5-10GB of storage, 512MB of RAM, and a single CPU core would suffice.

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

Sure. 40USD per year no problem. Need justification though since it's above 10 IPs

• @ezeth said:
    Sure. 40USD per year no problem. Need justification though since it's above 10 IPs

And if he says for shoes, is that justification to you?

• ferefientferefient Member
    edited November 2021

@ezeth said:

Sure, it's for my VMs, and for personal use. Mainly to host some websites (personal). If you're ready to proceed, just PM me an offer link. Also, the virtualization technology must be KVM (should've mentioned this).

Probably gonna use a GRE tunnel/wireguard, and tunnel it back to my SYS dedi.

@TimboJones said:

@ezeth said:

Yeah, I hate people who do "shoe" botting, and the like. They don't write the bot programs themselves, in most cases.

• @ferefient said:

@ezeth said:

Sure, it's for my VMs, and for personal use. Mainly to host some websites (personal). If you're ready to proceed, just PM me an offer link. Also, the virtualization technology must be KVM (should've mentioned this).

Yeah, websites and personal use doesn't fly for 512MB site. You don't need more than one IP since the days of XP retired.

@TimboJones said:

@ezeth said:

Yeah, I hate people who do "shoe" botting, and the like. They don't write the bot programs themselves, in most cases.

You're not supposed to hate them because they didn't write the code, it's because they're scalping assholes.

/red_flags

• @TimboJones said:

@ferefient said:

@ezeth said:

Yeah, websites and personal use doesn't fly for 512MB site. You don't need more than one IP since the days of XP retired.

@TimboJones said:

@ezeth said:

You're not supposed to hate them because they didn't write the code, it's because they're scalping assholes.

/red_flags

My guess (which could very much be wrong) is that he hosts said stuff on the SYS dedi, and will probably use wireguard (as mentioned) to tunnel each IP to the dedi.

Now what happens on that SYS dedi - thats a whole different animal.

Thanked by 1ferefient
    edited November 2021

@TimboJones said: You don't need more than one IP since the days of XP retired.

Well, to me, if I linked up a domain and all to a certain IP, and that domain gets involved with "problematic" stuff (drama, etc), then I consider said IP to be burned, and it does not get used for a looooong time, and even then, I still can't trust it.

I have been very paranoid for many years after many bad incidents, so I think it should be understandable as to why I handle it like that.

Now, if you use common sense, you'd realise that most people (including me) are not stupid enough to use IP ranges for bad things. So, yeah, I think you can see my need for a range (personal use + paranoia).

• @ferefient said:

@TimboJones said: You don't need more than one IP since the days of XP retired.

Well, to me, if I linked up a domain and all to a certain IP, and that domain gets involved with "problematic" stuff (drama, etc), then I consider said IP to be burned, and it does not get used for a looooong time, and even then, I still can't trust it.

I have been very paranoid for many years after many bad incidents (drama that lead to partial doxing and so on), so I think it should be understandable as to why I handle it like that.

Now, if you use common sense, you'd realise that most people (including me) are not stupid enough to use IP ranges for bad things. So, yeah, I think you can see my need for a range (personal use + paranoia).

No, you have a strong belief that the domains you're hosting may blacklist the IP's and that wasn't passed along in your justification.

Why are you doing reselling hosting where you don't have control of the content?

Since you're using all IP's for personal use, any abuse of one IP would likely terminate your service, I'm not sure why you'd think you could burn up 16 IP's per year for $40.

Sketchy AF.

edited November 2021

@TimboJones said: Why are you doing reselling hosting where you don't have control of the content?

No, I am not reselling anything. These were all my websites.

@TimboJones said: No, you have a strong belief that the domains you're hosting may blacklist the IP's and that wasn't passed along in your justification.

No, that's not the case. It's a case of where a private individual might try and "track" me.

@TimboJones said: I'm not sure why you'd think you could burn up 16 IP's per year for $40.

Like an IP per VPS? I don't like NAT.

• @ferefient said:

@TimboJones said: Why are you doing reselling hosting where you don't have control of the content?

No, I am not reselling anything. These were all my websites.

I don't think "personal" means what you think it means.

@TimboJones said: No, you have a strong belief that the domains you're hosting may blacklist the IP's and that wasn't passed along in your justification.

No, that's not the case. It's a case of where a private individual might try and "track" me.

@TimboJones said: I'm not sure why you'd think you could burn up 16 IP's per year for $40.

Like an IP per VPS? I don't like NAT.

Yeah, that doesn't fly putting them on the same box and same subnet. But whatever, you're obviously expecting shit to happen.

• @ezeth said:

Just paid. What's an ETA on deployment? 1-2 hours?

@ferefient said:

@ezeth said:

Just paid. What's an ETA on deployment? 1-2 hours?

probably. It's installing but this panel is quite.. slow.

Okay it's setup

• @ezeth said:
    Okay it's setup

Can't seem to respond to the ticket (reply button disappears), so I'll PM you via LET.

• congratulations @ezeth for having @ferefient aka @tinyweasel as your new customer

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • Thanks, @ezeth. Offer turned out to be a very good deal, I will say. Fast support, too.

• @iamjofo said:
    congratulations @ezeth for having @ferefient aka @tinyweasel as your new customer

Should we just assume every new sketchy poster is tinydick?