Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My VPS IP address is either flagged as 'bots' or blocked by some websites - what to do?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My VPS IP address is either flagged as 'bots' or blocked by some websites - what to do?

Looking for advice; my VPS IP address is flagged as 'bots' by kayak.com and some financial websites are now blocking me.

Are there any options for me or should I ditch my VPS provider for another one? Context here is that my VPS is my primary router internet gateway, so all my outbound connectivity at home will show as coming from the VPS - so this has been an inconvenience for me (it was working fine the first 2 months - my provider probably got their range blacklisted).

Comments

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

that happens with a lot of datacenter IPs.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

@dopogio said:
    Looking for advice; my VPS IP address is flagged as 'bots' by kayak.com and some financial websites are now blocking me.

Are there any options for me or should I ditch my VPS provider for another one? Context here is that my VPS is my primary router internet gateway, so all my outbound connectivity at home will show as coming from the VPS - so this has been an inconvenience for me (it was working fine the first 2 months - my provider probably got their range blacklisted).

Simple. Don't use a VPS.
    Or if you must use a VPN change providers.

• @dopogio said:

Maybe you’re inadvertently doing something that’s causing the ‘bots’ flag. Have you checked to see if you show up on any blacklists, and the reasons why?

• change the ip