Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jellyfish by Namecheap
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Jellyfish by Namecheap

WickedWicked Member
edited November 2021 in Help

I’m thinking about trying Namecheap’s $1/month email hosting and noticed they include spam protection from Jellyfish.ai, which seems to be their own project.

So, has anyone switched from other providers and noticed any difference?

Currently over one million users are using Namecheap's in-house anti-spam protection. Since Jellyfish launched in beta in 2020, replacing the previous external anti-spam provider, Namecheap has seen the number of spam-related requests to customer support reduce by 64%.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/jellyfish-the-new-powerful-anti-spam-tool-built-by-namecheap-is-now-available--free-for-everyone-301418707.html

Edit:
Found this feedback on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/NameCheap/comments/qr14me/feedback_about_jellyfish/

Comments

• ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

Their spam filter caused us trouble twice.

Had to get them manually white list our email contents to go through their spam filter.

Bad jellyfish. 👎

Edit: Their spam filter failed to identify thousands of emails that were flooding us.

• @Shakib said:
    Their spam filter caused us trouble twice.

Had to get them manually white list our email contents to go through their spam filter.

Bad jellyfish. 👎

Edit: Their spam filter failed to identify thousands of emails that were flooding us.

Well, that sucks.

• If you visit Jellyfish.ai, you can see that it is still a beta product.
    Have fun being a guinea pig.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

That's a bold entry for namecheap. I'll raise a glass to good competition, may even try it myself.

Thanked by 2MannDude level6
  • ralfralf Member
    edited November 2021

A friend of mine is currently fighting with Jellyfish as it's blocking most of their outgoing mails for their forum hosted on a Namecheap server, even though they have correct DKIM signatures and SPF records. Namecheap are apparently saying there's nothing they can do about it, not even offering him the chance of whitelisting!

• @ralf said:
    A friend of mine is currently fighting with Jellyfish as it's blocking most of their outgoing mails for their forum hosted on a Namecheap server, even though they have correct DKIM signatures and SPF records. Namecheap are apparently saying there's nothing they can do about it, not even offering him the chance of whitelisting!

Seems like Namecheap should stick with domain registration, and nothing else.

I have a non critical email at Namecheap now but it's bad.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2021

I tried it and it's bad form to talk bad about competition, but it was so bad that it's worth the party foul. Admittedly though, my primary complaint against it was one that my customers have had against me on occasion and after finally falling victim to it, I get it. So it wasn't wasted time.

I received more spam than anywhere else I test, and would occasionally miss legitimate emails. I'd have to point the emails elsewhere to even know what to whitelist, it's not always an easily assumed value.

However, it was helpful to he able to whitelist by not just sender, but even just a word in a subject.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

We literally had to chat fight with NC for hours, send them email contents, test email, forward the emails that didn't go through and only then they opened a support ticket, assigned it to their jellyfish team so they can whitelist our email contents.

No serious issue since then. Just some spam emails here and there that we have to mark as spam manually.

Sometimes their maintenance time frustrates me as i can't login to my inbox during that time. It lasted many hours last time as i remember.

• That has been my experience. I have sent email contents, test emails, blocked emails for review. All of them, one off emails to relatives with an occasional link or attached photo?
    I had Earthlink email for 30 years and retired it last month and registered my own domain with NameCheap. What was the process that was required to whitelist my mail for simple transactions or am I required to omit links, photos, words, attachments, ect. required for nomal Email traffic?

Thanked by 1shruub
This discussion has been closed.