Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

need advice im about to get OVH RYZEN 9 5900X
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

need advice im about to get OVH RYZEN 9 5900X

notmovingnotmoving Member
edited November 2021 in Providers

need advice im about to get OVH RYZEN 9 5900X.
I believe its the fastest cpu ovh has right now, but i lack on expertise or experience about that, so i really need to hear you guys, i already have a xeon 2288g and 5 5600x from ovh and are doing good but i need another dedicated with more cores and good if better speed also :)

the question was: its worth it or i should not buy its like 180€ euro monthly

Comments

• so what is the question exactly?

Thanked by 1notmoving
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited November 2021

@afn said:
    so what is the question exactly?

Don't know the question: but the answer is 42.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Fools.

The answer is 7. Always 7.

Well, 666 work too, I guess.

• @notmoving said:
    I believe its the fastest cpu ovh has right now, but i lack on expertise or experience about that, so i really need to hear you guys, i already have a xeon 2288g and 5 5600x from ovh and are doing good but i need another dedicated with more cores and good if better speed also :)

For?

• @TimboJones said:

@notmoving said:

For?

i would like to kept my personal work in private :) but yeah its compromised with good perfomance and stuff.

• It is impossible for us to help you with anything, when you dont have a question, or a usecase.

• @notmoving said:

@TimboJones said:

@notmoving said:

For?

i would like to kept my personal work in private :) but yeah its compromised with good perfomance and stuff.

GTFO

Thanked by 3afn AXYZE bulbasaur
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@notmoving said:
    i need another dedicated with more cores

If more cores is your priority look for an Epyc, if performance per core is what you want go for Ryzen.

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

I think you should buy it.

Thanked by 1notmoving
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

@notmoving Hardware specs wise: According to Passmark values, the 5900X is about double that of the 5600X. It doubles in cores while the Ghz seems to be about the same. From this basic comparison, it's probably going to have double the workload assuming whatever you're running is going to utilize the number of cores of course.

Price wise, since the 5900X is less than 2x the price of the 5600X, it looks like a decent deal to me.

Note however, I am not a provider and this is purely my opinion. I hope a provider could give you more advice on this however as others have pointed out, you didn't specify some vital information such as whether you will be utilizing a single threaded application or a multi-threaded application. For example, assuming you're running a php server where you alone are trying to use php to process data (as in a single user on this single server - you'll probably won't see an increase since the single core on both seem to perform about the same). IF you have multiple users using PHP, then you'll be able to theoretically support more users (though the scripts will probably run around the same speed) - this is not a real world example but just to give you an idea why this is complicated to really answer.

Thanked by 1notmoving
  • GTFO

shutup monkey

@risharde said:
    @notmoving Hardware specs wise: According to Passmark values, the 5900X is about double that of the 5600X. It doubles in cores while the Ghz seems to be about the same. From this basic comparison, it's probably going to have double the workload assuming whatever you're running is going to utilize the number of cores of course.

Price wise, since the 5900X is less than 2x the price of the 5600X, it looks like a decent deal to me.

Note however, I am not a provider and this is purely my opinion. I hope a provider could give you more advice on this however as others have pointed out, you didn't specify some vital information such as whether you will be utilizing a single threaded application or a multi-threaded application. For example, assuming you're running a php server where you alone are trying to use php to process data (as in a single user on this single server - you'll probably won't see an increase since the single core on both seem to perform about the same). IF you have multiple users using PHP, then you'll be able to theoretically support more users (though the scripts will probably run around the same speed) - this is not a real world example but just to give you an idea why this is complicated to really answer.

thanks for your answer, i wasnt sure about buy it but now im sure will be worth, its actually both of same, I need cores and need high single thread speed

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@notmoving said:

GTFO

shutup monkey

Huh? You ask a question with very little context (and thank in at least one case for a totally worthless answer and at least one case you do not thank for an adequate answer) and then insult a user whose answer is worth no less than one you thanked for?

For once I agree with @TimboJones: GTFO!

Thanked by 3afn TimboJones AXYZE
  • @notmoving said: I believe its the fastest cpu

How faster in digits?

• Fyi for 200 euro monthly (+setup fees) you could get two 5950x from hetzner.

• Smith42Smith42 Member
    edited November 2021

@dodheimsgard said:
    Fyi for 200 euro monthly (+setup fees) you could get two 5950x from hetzner.

I guess OP either needs

• Free/cheap additional IPs
    • Working anti-ddos
    • Pay in USD

Those are really the only reasons why anybody would choose OVH over Hetzner, but since OP's use case is private we'd never know.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

666 cents can do a lot.

Out to fuck get.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@Smith42 said:

@dodheimsgard said:
    Fyi for 200 euro monthly (+setup fees) you could get two 5950x from hetzner.

I guess OP either needs

• Free/cheap additional IPs
    • Working anti-ddos
    • Pay in USD

Those are really the only reasons why anybody would choose OVH over Hetzner, but since OP's use case is private we'd never know.

Probably crypto mining since Hetzner prohibits that. High core count, high frequency, doesn't want to share his use case.

Thanked by 1corbpie
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2021

Retracted - I should spend my time on more important people.