Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi autorenew issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi autorenew issue

mwtmwt Member

I tried to set my Kimsufi box to autorenew by going to

Billing > My services > Activate the automatic renewal

When I do that, I get the following error:

"The billing contact from this service has not enabled autorenew on his account"

So, supposedly there is some autorenew setting that I am supposed to mark in my account that is not specific to the server. Does anyone know where this is? @ninzo59

Comments

• why don't you open a ticket and ask from them

• If you have a Euro kimsufi account, I believe you can only manually renew, auto-renew is not available.

If you have a USD kimsufi account, I believe you are forced to auto-renew only.

I have a Euro account and I have yet to figure out how to enable auto-renew. Its monday, give their support a call and find out.

• Interesting. I have a euro account, but I live in the US. So, I would probably prefer a USD account...

I'll make a ticket then.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Yeah I can't auto renew mine either, same problem. I just pay for what I can in advance and put the renewal date on my calendar.

• @jar said:
    Yeah I can't auto renew mine either, same problem. I just pay for what I can in advance and put the renewal date on my calendar.

That's probably what I'll end up doing.

• I asked them before and this is their reply (btw my region is World $) :

================
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Kimsufi regarding your renewal query. It will be my pleasure to assist you.

We are happy to inform you that we now have automatic renewal available with Kimsufi accounts. Most of the steps can be done in the manager and one step is to be done in the API.

The first step is in the API, here's the steps:

-Head to the Kimsufi API: https://ca.api.kimsufi.com/

-Click on "Explore the Kimsufi API"

-Select the Login icon on the top right corner

-Connect to the API using the same credentials as for the So you Start Manager

-Open the link: https://ca.api.kimsufi.com/console/#/me/autorenew#POST

-For the parameter renewDay, enter a date in the following format example: 01, 04 or 15, etc

-Press execute

Next steps are going to be in the manager, please make sure you revisit "https://ca.kimsufi.com/manager/" and follow the below steps:

-Select Billing on the top right corner then select "My payment methods"

-Select "Add" on the top right corner and fill in the required information

Last step to complete automatic renewal is to add a payment method:

-Select Billing on the top right corner then select "My services"

-Here you can choose which services will have automatic renewal enabled.

-If you select "Modify", you'll have the option to choose to renew the server monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and yearly.

Due note that if you need to cancel the automatic renewal of the server, you will need to press on the Cancel button. Please make sure to do so before the renewal date if you wish to have the server terminated at it's expiration date.

Once you've gotten to this point you've set your services up for automatic renewal! Be sure to let us know if you happen to have any issues or have any questions.

• Same error here, got this ticket response:

“Right now it is not possible to set automatic renewal of Kimsufi services.

So it is always necessary to create an order manually and pay for it before your server expires.“

• @msallak1 said:
    I asked them before and this is their reply (btw my region is World $) :

Thanks! I just tried the same steps with the eu api. It didn't quite work in that my services are still set to manual renew.

However, I don't get the error anymore. So, that's a start!

(to clarify, it seems to now fail silently with no error)

• msallak1msallak1 Member
    edited November 2021

@mwt said:

@msallak1 said:
    I asked them before and this is their reply (btw my region is World $) :

Thanks! I just tried the same steps with the eu api. It didn't quite work in that my services are still set to manual renew.

However, I don't get the error anymore. So, that's a start!

(to clarify, it seems to now fail silently with no error)

I don't know if it matters but I asked them about autorenewal with prepaid balance but I think it is the same as with other payment methods.

For me I deposit my balance with paypal from 'my prepaid account' section and then enabled auto monthly renewal and it is deducting automatically from the balance.

Edit : Added screenshot