Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlimited Cloud Storage?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Unlimited Cloud Storage?

My friend told me about https://teledriveapp.com which uses telegram for cloud storage, just checked it myself and everything seems to be good.

Anybody used it yet?

Thanked by 2lovelyserver Luc

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

That's why we cant have nice things.

Telegram being one of the most generous and arguably the best messaging app, people still have to find ways to abuse and exploit it :(

• @FAT32 said:

Telegram being one of the most generous and arguably the best messaging app, people still have to find ways to abuse and exploit it :(

Did I make a mistake posting about it here? :/

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited November 2021

@Chalipa said:

Nope I think some people has been doing this for quite a while, if you store a few GB I feel that's reasonable

But for some who store few hundreds of GB I dont know what they are thinking.

Also, this TeleDrive is charging people for $10/yr if they want unlimited speed, someone making profit out of this is another big no for me.

• vovlervovler Member
    edited November 2021

Whats the point of storing stuff in a place that can be gone any day? You still need to have a copy of every single file in case telegram decides to limit uploads and delete any old files that go over the limit

Thanked by 1attiqfsd
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

Tried and very slow uploading even after having paid $10 removing bandwidth limit.

Thanked by 2Lunics Logano
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

@vovler said:
    Whats the point of storing stuff in a place that can be gone any day?

Cuz we, men, love to go down in flames. Then cry in women's boobs.

Thanked by 2attiqfsd default
  • From https://teledriveapp.com/faq :

Q: Who is TeleDrive for?
    A: Everyone who deserves free unlimited cloud storage services. Developers, students, etc. [...]

lol

Seriously, the presumption that developers, students, etc. "deserve free unlimited cloud storage services" is simply ludicrous

(I don't know what else to say)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

This era and the entitlements will go down as pure embarrassments in the future history book.

• Unless TeleDrive has the blessing of Telegram -- and there are no signs that it does -- its days are numbered (and it's a relatively low number)

• A parasitic product at best. Making a living by advertising as unlimited storage which in reality is offered as free by telegram yet charging a fee. Abuse 101.

Any way would be banned by telegram soon else telegram would already have launched a similar app years ago.

Sorry for the words.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @angstrom said:
    From https://teledriveapp.com/faq :

A: Everyone who deserves free unlimited cloud storage services. Developers, students, etc. [...]

lol

Seriously, the presumption that developers, students, etc. "deserve free unlimited cloud storage services" is simply ludicrous

Google disagrees.

• @pike said:

@angstrom said:

lol

Google disagrees.

Google doesn’t disagree. They take payment in the form of being able to have access to all your shit.

• @Chalipa said:

@FAT32 said:

Yes, you should be ashamed.

Thanked by 1Chalipa
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

From experience, storage is never unlimited and indeed I agree with others who share the sentiment that someone will probably abuse this and everyone will probably have to pay by either losing their data or getting a harder limit.

Funny thing is, even my least valuable data to me is too valuable to risk using this idea.

• @pike said:

@angstrom said:

lol

Google disagrees.

I don't think that Google disagrees, but I'll set this aside.

The point that I was reacting to was that TeleDrive is for everyone who deserves free unlimited cloud storage services.

• The real offensive part is that they're charging money to abuse TG. What a piece of shit, teledrive.

Thanked by 3AXYZE Daniel15 taizi
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Deep Atlantic Storage, free and unlimited, no upload speed limit, download is 1000MB/s.