Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ovh vps port speeds
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Ovh vps port speeds

It says its unlimited on their vps range but can i actually push 2gbps 24/7 on these? Has anyone actually maxxed these ports out for long periods with no issues

Comments

• Yes, no issues

• no problem

• no problem

• there is a small ''*" next to the word unmetered.

they mention on their page

• For VPS hosted in Sydney and Singapore : 1TB traffic/month for the VPS range “Starter” and “Value”, 2TB/month for the VPS range “Essential”, 3TB/month for the VPS range “Comfort” and 4TB/month for the VPS range “Elite” . Bandwidth is reduced to 10Mbps once the monthly quota is exceeded.
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

In before OP ends up abusing it and posting another thread bashing OVH.

• @treekush said:
    It says its unlimited on their vps range but can i actually push 2gbps 24/7 on these? Has anyone actually maxxed these ports out for long periods with no issues

In case you did not understand it before, this thread is full of trolls. And no. It wont upload 2Gbps either way and definitely not 24/7.

• @treekush said:

These are shared ports by all the VPS on the physical server. Now, do the math.

• Feel free to blast the shared port 24/7. No problem.

• @stefeman said: In case you did not understand it before, this thread is full of trolls. And no. It wont upload 2Gbps either way and definitely not 24/7.

@dev_vps said: These are shared ports by all the VPS on the physical server. Now, do the math.

I did max out the bandwidth on several OVH VPSes before moving to dedicated servers.
    I don't know if it's still the same or it has been changed since 4 months ago.

• @treekush you have dedicated port on OVH VPS. And you can actually push 2gbps 24/7.

There are people just like to comment like pros while they haven't even tested.