Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Selling project
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Selling project

Selling my baby project HostWP. Reason for it is pretty straight forward: no money for project promotion and no time for development.

Description

Wordpress web hosting. Selling point: very simple and fast website order and management for the clients. No complicated control panels, no learning curve. Order and go with fully functioning Wordpress in a minute.

Features

• There is no license fees. Every tool is opensource and free.
  • Highly automated infrastructure. Service deployment, suspension and termination.
  • Invoicing with PDF attachments.
  • Minor fraud prevention by detecting dupe registrations, IP reputation, VPN/proxy detection.
  • Tightly integrated with Cloudflare for automated subdomain deployment/termination.
  • Antivirus/anti-malware scanner with automated client notification upon quarantine.
  • Automated database, FTP, vhost config modification on service activation ,suspension and termination.
  • All service features described in "Plans & Pricing." section at website. Read it.

Infrastructure

Flexible and insanely cheap to maintain infrastructure design with master -> slave concept. Basically there is one master node which controls X amount of slave nodes. Nodes can be added / removed anytime. I designed this as automated as possible. There is scripts which prepare new nodes to join the pool.

Nodes can be bought from various providers/locations. I have bought everything on black friday. They are self-sustaining, this means that there is no dependency on master. It can be decoupled and transformed to dedicated node for single website.

Everything is written in PHP/bash. I love bash, so expect readability and simplicity. For PHP, there is no framework. Pure PHP with Smarty for separation in front end (it is extremely simple and secure).

There is more to tell about infra, just ask your questions. Some stats:

1 master
6 slaves (3 EU/3 USA)
104 working websites (free)
148 registered users

Monthly payments: ~15 dollars. I'am lazy, this can be brought to probably 5 dollars/month from consolidation of servers.

Monetization

Initially I thought to create platform for Wordpress developers which support hourly rates for single website hosting and is fast to deploy. Now I have transformed it to monthly rates.

Project would perfectly fit Wordpress design agency, as they have clients who would benefit from this service.

Add some bling bling for customers on front end to even more simplify deployment. Something like https://tiiny.host.

There is no paying customers at the moment.

Price

Negotiable. Starts at 2500 EUR. Buyer will receive files, documentation and 30 days of support to help understand project structure and perform minor modifications on request. Please contact via PM if you are interested.

Comments

• @SmartHost or @seriesn might be interested

Thanked by 2jenkki Ympker
  • Seeking someone on Wall Street may helps also

• ezethezeth Member, Patron Provider

Can you post a demo video of the platform?

• @LTniger said: There is no paying customers at the moment.

Are there any users for this project, at all?

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

$7

EDIT: Should give a shot at Flippa. Don't think anyone will shell out €2.5k for this

Thanked by 2HaendlerIT Virtual
  • Have you pen tested the project?

• @stevewatson301 said: Are there any users for this project, at all?

Currently 148, but they are free users. Not paying.

@frog said: Have you pen tested the project?

No. I have no money to invest into third party penetration testing. This is ridiculous.

@BlaZe said: Should give a shot at Flippa.

Thank you for suggestion. If no LET user find this interesting - I will give a try.

• @LTniger said:

@frog said: Have you pen tested the project?

No. I have no money to invest into third party penetration testing. This is ridiculous.

You are welcome to call this question ridiculous, but
    a lot of developers can do some pen testing with free software and trial subscriptions by themself.
    In my opinion, it is ridiculous to call a PHP application secure when it hasn't been pen tested at all. Especially when it is hosting software.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@frog said:
    a lot of developers can do some pen testing with free software and trial subscriptions by themself.
    In my opinion, it is ridiculous to call a PHP application secure when it hasn't been pen tested at all. Especially when it is hosting software.

Close to no one, on this god dam planet, will do free pen testing on closed source software.

Running some software won't help you either, except a few basic things, which you should be able to catch easily.

If you do testing on a regular basis, including continuous integration and got a good coverage, you should be fine, to some extend.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

Do you use WordPress Multisite (https://wordpress.org/support/article/create-a-network/) to power this (ie. use a single WordPress installation per server, like what WordPress.com does)? How do you handle WordPress updates? Do you have unit and integration tests for the code?

@LTniger said: Starts at 2500 EUR

IMO that's way too expensive for site that has 148 free users and 0 paid users. With acquisitions like this, the main value is in the paid customers so the purchaser gets a good return on investment.

Thanked by 3attiqfsd BlaZe lentro
  • georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Patron Provider
    edited November 2021

@ezeth said:

that would be good

• @Daniel15 said:
    Do you use WordPress Multi User to power this (ie. use a single WordPress installation per server, like what WordPress.com does)? How do you handle WordPress updates? Do you have unit and integration tests for the code?

IMO that's way too expensive for site that has 148 free users and 0 paid users. With acquisitions like this, the main value is in the paid customers so the purchaser gets a good return on investment.

No, I have made wp-cli wrapper.

• @georgedatacenter said:

@ezeth said:

that would be good

What exactly would you like to see?

• @LTniger said:

@Daniel15 said:
    Do you use WordPress Multi User to power this (ie. use a single WordPress installation per server, like what WordPress.com does)? How do you handle WordPress updates? Do you have unit and integration tests for the code?

Do you mean that you have a separate WordPress installation per site? That's going to use way more resources than just using a single WP installation (since there'll be a lot of duplicate files that'll all be compiled and cached separately) :)

• frogfrog Barred
    edited November 2021

@Neoon said:

@frog said:

Close to no one, on this god dam planet, will do free pen testing on closed source software.

No shit, Sherlock!

But it's normal for developers/companies to do some pen testing on their own software.

Thanked by 2attiqfsd BlaZe
  • @Daniel15 said:

@LTniger said:

@Daniel15 said:

Do you mean that you have a separate WordPress installation per site? That's going to use way more resources than just using a single WP installation (since there'll be a lot of duplicate files that'll all be compiled and cached separately) :)

Thank you for opinion, but in this area I know more than you.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited November 2021

@LTniger said:

@Daniel15 said:

@LTniger said:

@Daniel15 said:

Thank you for opinion, but in this area I know more than you.

I'm not sure reinventing something that WordPress already supports out-of-the-box counts as knowing more :) managing updates is a lot easier with one WordPress installation per server vs hundreds of them.

I used to run a blog hosting site a long time ago, back when WordPress Multi User wasn't built-in to WordPress yet, but eventually too many spammers signed up for the free plan and hosting phishing pages with it. My friends and I couldn't keep up with something like WordPress.com

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@frog said:

@Neoon said:

@frog said:

No shit, Sherlock!

But it's normal for developers/companies to do some pen testing on their own software.

• @Neoon said:

@frog said:

@Neoon said:

@frog said:

No shit, Sherlock!

I've seen the reports from the pen-testing our developers do on their software, and then the reports from the professional pen testers we get in afterwards. I rarely feel like money was wasted.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • @Nekki said:

@Neoon said:

@frog said:

@Neoon said:

@frog said:

No shit, Sherlock!

I've seen the reports from the pen-testing our developers do on their software, and then the reports from the professional pen testers we get in afterwards. I rarely feel like money was wasted.

No shit, Sherlock!

There is often a big difference in the quality of the work from PHP developers with and without security knowledge. And inhouse pen testers often find issues.

I asked this question to get a picture of the quality of the code in this offer. Not to discuss who is the best pen testers.

Thanked by 1bulbasaur
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

i offer 6$

• $20 but I want 60 days of support and continuous updates for one year.

• How much it cost if price be converted into push-ups?
    Is ipv6 supported?

• @frog said: I asked this question to get a picture of the quality of the code in this offer. Not to discuss who is the best pen testers.

Well I want to discuss who the best pen testers are, so fuck you, buddy!

• @Daniel15 said:

The value isn't in the customers, it's in the labour to recreate what he's done. He should be saying this is X amount of hours over Y months/years. Maybe someone else can do all that in a week for 2500 EUR or maybe it would take longer.

But that's all undercut if the same functionality already exists and better from WP.

• @Daniel15 said:
    Do you use WordPress Multisite (https://wordpress.org/support/article/create-a-network/) to power this (ie. use a single WordPress installation per server, like what WordPress.com does)? How do you handle WordPress updates? Do you have unit and integration tests for the code?

WordPress multi-site is a (what I can best describe as) a nightmare to work with, especially if it wasn't set up well. Once you got things all tangled up... well, making the slighest change can cause everything to come crashing down.

But even when done right, having separate environments for each site and creating a layer of isolation can be more effective for keeping things secure, particularly if you intend on allowing custom plugins and the like. That way, a site getting hacked is probably going to be isolated to that site, on a separate database, etc.

So... the fact that he didn't use multisite, I think, is a good choice.

• StradaleStradale Member
    edited November 2021

No one is going to pay 2.5k for this

Thanked by 1Alireza
  • To hold your calm

Thanked by 1Alireza
  • $2.5k? Would you be open for a trade? I could offer you 6 bananas and 3 pairs of my used underwear, plus come cash from you to cover the difference.

Thanked by 2BlaZe niceboy