Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want VPS 16GB/100GB SSD, speed like Ryzen 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want VPS 16GB/100GB SSD, speed like Ryzen 3

LunicsLunics Member
edited November 2021 in Requests

Wanted: A VPS with performance similar to a Ryzen 3 (no GPU needed).
For example the Ryzen 3 2200G is a quad core 3.5-3.7Ghz CPU with 384kb/2MB/4MB L1/L2/L3 cache.
I will need this performance most of the time so please don't make offers where this would violate the fair use policy.

• VZ type: ANY
  • Number of Cores: 4+
  • RAM: 12-16 GB
  • Disk space: 100 GB
  • Disk type: SSD
  • Bandwidth: 10MBit/s+
  • Port speed: 10MBit/s+
  • DDos protection: no
  • Number of IPs: 1
  • Budget: ideally less than $200/year
  • Billing period: monthly preferred, depends on hosting company's reputation

I don't need this box until February next year, so i guess I'll look at Black Friday offers first ... but if you can make me a good offer, please do!

Comments

• @Lunics said: Wanted: A VPS with performance similar to a Ryzen 3 (no GPU needed).

@Lunics said: I don't need this box until February next year

Nice find.

• I'd consider Time4VPS. Pretty happy with them.

CPU: 4 x 2.6 GHz Intel® Xeon® Gold 6132
    RAM: 16 GB DDR4
    Storage: 160 GB SSD
    Bandwidth: 32 TB

89.99 EUR/yr.

Thanked by 1Lunics
  • LunicsLunics Member
    edited November 2021

@Wicked said:
    I'd consider Time4VPS. Pretty happy with them.

89.99 EUR/yr.

That looks really good, thanks! Do they have a good reputation? Is this their standard yearly price? Edit: Ah i see the price doubles after the first year. Still a great deal.

• @Lunics said:

@Wicked said:
    I'd consider Time4VPS. Pretty happy with them.

89.99 EUR/yr.

That looks really good, thanks! Do they have a good reputation? Is this their standard yearly price? Edit: Ah i see the price doubles after the first year. Still a great deal.

I think it's 50% off. Has been for a while. Seems to be recurring (https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/174566/time4vps-openvz-7-2gb-ram-20gb-ssd-15eur-year-recurring-deal)

They have a good reputation and have been around for a while (https://www.shopperapproved.com/reviews/time4vps.com/?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=offer)

Thanked by 1Lunics
  • afnafn Member
    edited November 2021

You are looking for something between Netcup's RS 2000 G9 and RS 1000 G9. dedicated cores, SSD storage in the 200 range

It is not

Is this discount reoccurring?
    No, this discount is valid only for the first order and it is not reoccurring. So, be wise, choose a longer billing period! These prices do not apply to renewal periods.

Thanked by 2Lunics ralf
  • Avoro / Netcup / php-friends

Thanked by 1ralf
  • Time4VPS charges 12€/year extra to give good SSD performance.
    The description for this option says: "5x better: 250MB/s 1000 IOPS"
    Sounds like without the extra fee their SSD is quite slow indeed.

Thanked by 1ooowwww
  • @Lunics said:
    For example the Ryzen 3 2200G is a quad core 3.5-3.7Ghz CPU with 384kb/2MB/4MB L1/L2/L3 cache.
    I will need this performance most of the time so please don't make offers where this would violate the fair use policy.

I don't need this box until February next year, so i guess I'll look at Black Friday offers first ... but if you can make me a good offer, please do!

Contact @Shakib
    6 core plan would be ideal for this.

Thanked by 1Shakib
  • ShakibShakib Member, Patron Provider

@dev_vps said:

@Lunics said:

Contact @Shakib
    6 core plan would be ideal for this.

@Lunics, Is it for mining or traffic exchanger or such? If not, we can surely make a deal.

We can't host too many VM per node due to RAM, storage limitations and end up having around 70% CPU resources left unused even on the most loaded node.

Thanked by 1Lunics
  • @afn said:
    You are looking for something between Netcup's RS 2000 G9 and RS 1000 G9. dedicated cores, SSD storage in the 200 range

So glad you mentioned Netcup as I've not come across them before, but their root server range looks great. I'm fairly new here but in the last few weeks of browsing, I've not come across them before. Are they regulars on LET?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

@ralf said:

@afn said:

So glad you mentioned Netcup as I've not come across them before, but their root server range looks great. I'm fairly new here but in the last few weeks of browsing, I've not come across them before. Are they regulars on LET?

Well, they’re not regulars on LET, but some LET regulars are on/using them :smiley:

Thanked by 1ralf
  • @ralf said:
    So glad you mentioned Netcup as I've not come across them before,

Be sure to use the coupons at https://www.netcupgutscheine.de/

• Damn, not many VPS being offered on sale with 16GB

• sportingdansportingdan Member
    edited November 2021

I don't think you can find a better deal than KVM-NVME-16GB from @naranjatech (billed yearly, using the coupon code in this thread):

8 vCores - 16 GB RAM - 240 GB NVMe - 40 TB BW - 1 Gbps port speed: 144 €/year (+VAT if applicable)

you would be able to use 4 dedicated cores, according to their Acceptable Usage Policy:

Hardware Resource Usage (VPS services)

Client agrees not to run any processes on his or her VPS which use the equivalent of 50% or more of all available CPU capacity for an extended period of time. As an example, a VPS with four (4) cores assigned may not use more then two (2) full CPU cores for an extended period of time. An exception on this are VPSes with one (1) CPU core assigned – these may use all available CPU capacity. An extended period of time will generally mean two (2) hours, but will depend upon the CPU load and level of impact on other clients sharing the physical server. Disruptive CPU usage may result in a reboot, shutdown, and/or suspension of the VPS regardless of the time lapse involved.

Thanked by 1Lunics
  • Well i got the RS 2000 G9 deal from Netcup now for 11,20€/month with 320GB SSD and 4vCores. Let's hope it offers enough performance.