Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hetzner virginia IP address
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hetzner virginia IP address

lauelaue Member

When I browse the internet using a VPS from the new Hetzner data center in Virginia some web sites say I am not in the USA. I guess the IP somehow links the server to Germany...is there a solution to this ?

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

wait for the GeoIP DBs to update

Thanked by 1lanefu
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

I suggest you file a dispute with Hetzner and burn bridges with them.

• I recommend suing both ARIN, and Hatzner for fraudulent IP Geolocation. Don't stop there, write a strongly worded email to the FCC too (Only after demanding for a manager)

• @deank , @CheepCluck , only Chinese wolf-warrior diplomats accuse people around the globe. You have a hilarious way of negating wrong options.
    In LET, we first open a ticket stating the problem. If this is unhelpful, asking Google(StartPage is a privacy-friendly alternative) or consulting people in the forum might worth a try.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

Because GeoIP location data for IPs are all manually submitted / updated. Nothing about GeoIP location data and the random tools / websites you use to check it are accurate by nature nor does an IP address 'belong' to a city / state / region / whatever.

For the data to be accurate:

• A company must contact several database providers and say, "Hey, bla bla bla. This subnet is located in city/state/country/region/whatever. Can you please update your database?"
    • If the company / organization that maintains the database doesn't suck, they'll respond (eventually) and say the update will go live in a week or a month or whenever.
    • Then someone like OP goes to somerandomgeoipchecker.com to check the IP geolocation of their address and see's that it is incorrect! Where am I? Ahh!
    • This could be because someone didn't do any of the above
    • OR, more likely, because they did everything above but the website you're using sucks and using is an old out dated database.

I hate how integrated GeoIP stuff is nowadays with some services while it also being more or less mostly manually maintained.

I wish GeoIP was more automated, accurate and 'hands free' and 'just worked'. Would be nice.

Thanked by 1Erisa
  • I suggest put all Hetzner girls under review.

Thanked by 1bruh21
  • Hetzner has a fragrant Virginia