Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Other options like this.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Other options like this.

Someone shared this the other day https://syagent.com/ now before i go any further i have a shared hosting server so i had my doubts of it working. I got my provider to enable ssh for me and went into putty and ran the command that syagent prompted me to run

wget -N --no-check-certificate https://raw.githubusercontent.com/syagent/agent-2/main/install.sh && bash install.sh 618333e926f0ee61517433ac

but my putty replied with this

Please run the agent as root
| The agent will NOT run as root but root required to make the installation success

my hosting provider told me this.

You cannot run commands as root.

If its saying it needs root then its not possible to install it, needs account-level permissions.

Is this because it's a shared hosting deal rather than a vps?

and back to the original question. Is there one that works similar to this for free that is shared hosting friendly?

Comments

• @ItsAsylum said: Is this because it's a shared hosting deal rather than a vps?

yes

@ItsAsylum said: and back to the original question. Is there one that works similar to this for free that is shared hosting friendly?

No

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

You want UptimeRobot or an equivalent. If you don't manage the server, you don't need to be overseeing those kind of metrics, that's the job of your hosting provider.

• You can't install that in shared hosting environment, check the alternative like uptimerobot, hetrixtools. They provide free plan which is enough for uptime monitoring, and no need to install anything.

• Hetrixtools have a PHP monitor client for getting all the server stats. Just add a cron and done.

• @jar said:
    You want UptimeRobot or an equivalent. If you don't manage the server, you don't need to be overseeing those kind of metrics, that's the job of your hosting provider.

yeah i guess that's really what i was aiming for. Something that could monitor the uptime and downtime of the shared servers. then put it on one of my dedicated monitors so i can see at all times if they are up or down.