Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

almalinux vs rockylinux - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

almalinux vs rockylinux

2»

Comments

• @bruh21 said: oracle

Anyone for a Solaris debacle? :(

• ShazanShazan Member, Host Rep

I was expecting SuSE to take advantage of the situation but they didn't.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @Shazan said:

To be fair the migration to suse would be difficult.

There is VZlinux also as RHEL clone -> https://vzlinux.org/

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited November 2021

@jonathanspw said: @Boogeyman said: And none of those .alma package is in Github. I found none. As we speak there is only 28 repository in Github and these are not debranded package.

https://git.almalinux.org/explore/repos

I have added this already in my reply. Not sure why you didn't notice.

@jonathanspw said: Not sure why you're so full of hate for Alma.

Same thing goes for you. Just because you claim things are open they are not. Not at this current stage. Whenever they go open I am happy to recommend them. See my previous discussions. Why would I recommend something that I hate so much? I call a spade a spade.

I personally pushed my providers for Alma templates and they now have one after a lots of ticket replies.

• @bruh21 said:
    oracle

I also use Oracle Linux, but that's a bit...
    That Why? Oracle is the enemy of open source.

• They(companies) take all those FOSS developers work and start spinning money out of them.

• [ Rocky migrated from C8 just as easy as Alma. ;) ]

• @Shazan said:

Isn't SuSe the compile everything from source OS? If so, wtf would you expect them to cater to Centos users?

No, SuSE isn't a compile from source distro, it's rpm based, so they could have pushed themselves as an alternative rpm based distro for servers.

Thanked by 2webcraft TimboJones
  • It may be too soon to comment or claim which one is better/robust. I think both are infants now, and they do have long way to go to show their own sustainability, for example, after the next major version upgrade.

• @TimboJones said:
    Isn't SuSe the compile everything from source OS? If so, wtf would you expect them to cater to Centos users?

I think you're thinking of Gentoo.

Thanked by 2Shazan TimboJones