Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheap Windows RDP.....how come
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheap Windows RDP.....how come

So I seen people selling very cheap Windows RDP on Facebook and decided to get one. Got the following for around $5.8 per month. My question is how the hell are they selling it so cheap? I mean if they guy is selling for $5.8 per month then definitely he is getting for less. The instance seems like Azure so may be he is using free Azure credits?

16GB RAM
Intel Xeon Platinum 8272CL CPU
200GB SSD
Windows Server 2019
Full admin access

Comments

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited November 2021

It's not azure. It's probably their own hardware and overselling.

Edit: Doesn't mean it's bad. Just that margins are probably slimmer than Azure and there's probably more people on the host node than you think.

• Looks Azure to me. May be I am wrong.

• stolen credit card azure credits.

• Yes, as you guessed these are from free credits. There are bypasses for Azure so abusers can create a lot ot accounts without verification.

Methods are public, Microsoft doesnt give a f about them. Dont PM me for any link tho, I dont support abuse.

• Probably selling azure vps from trial credit

Thanked by 1Alireza
  • AK_KWHAK_KWH Member, Patron Provider

Its AWS nd Google Cloud RDPS they create it with Trick both offers 300$ credit for few months so they use it

• Could be someone working for a large corporate who's lost control of subscription management. Corporates who spend big with MS will get pretty much an unlimited number of subs (probably via Azure DevOps) that top up a decent chunk of credit once a more. Would be very easy for someone to grab a few then start selling them off to unsuspecting punters.

• @alilet said:
    Looks Azure to me. May be I am wrong.

Washington, Virginia?

• @TimboJones said:

@alilet said:

Washington, Virginia?

its a real place lol

• @alilet said:

Huh well I guess it was Azure! Usually the cheaper pricing is for hardware that the hosting company already got their ROI but didn't have a way to use it. Factor in Windows licensing (I don't remember how it was done right now but it's fairly straightforward). There are ways to get fairly affordable Windows RDP servers.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

There's good money in selling the information you can get with the passwords that users save in browser on a cheap RDP connection. Your sister's nudes are going to bring in at least $20, everyone's got a fetish.

• @jar said:
    There's good money in selling the information you can get with the passwords that users save in browser on a cheap RDP connection. Your sister's nudes are going to bring in at least $20, everyone's got a fetish.

haha no I don't use it for anything personal. I only use it for the "purpose" I bought it for and that purpose is the opposite of giving out your information.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Nobody can sell 16 GB with windows properly licensed at that price, it is a scam.
    Even if the end user is not scammed per se (money taken without service delivery or similar), the fact they trade in stolen goods more or less means they have no barriers stopping them from scamming the end user too. The paypal (if they offer it) can also be stolen.