Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beware of fastpipe/combahton
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Beware of fastpipe/combahton

@combahton_it

I ordered a server there yesterday, which was quickly available. Unfortunately the server only has 2 of the booked 30GB storage space!
The support ticket is not answered, another in turn that allegedly is a public holiday in Germany xD Why is one ticket answered but not the other ?! The ticket has been open for almost 24 hours, the server has been paid for and is running in front of it with its 2GB data storage. I feel really ripped off !! I want my money back

root@mx:~# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
udev 984M 0 984M 0% /dev
tmpfs 200M 7.4M 193M 4% /run
/dev/vda2 2.0G 1.7G 214M 89% /
tmpfs 998M 0 998M 0% /dev/shm
tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
tmpfs 998M 0 998M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs 200M 0 200M 0% /run/user/0

Comments

• You are whining here, after 24 hours, during a holiday, because of a mistake.

I would not want you as a customer, thats for sure.

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

This probably is due to cloud image. Might want to check with fdisk the real size of the virtual disk, maybe you can enlarge the partition yourself?

Thanked by 2HomerJSimpson AXYZE
  • HayashimaHayashima Member
    edited November 2021

bruh, fdisk first

But, yes, I will not use combahton again, their cpu is soooooo bad.

Thanked by 1desperand
  • @HomerJSimpson said: /dev/vda2

I'm guessing there is /dev/vda1 which is not mounted. Check lsblk /dev/vda

• HomerJSimpsonHomerJSimpson Member
    edited November 2021

@Pappeske said:
    You are whining here, after 24 hours, during a holiday, because of a mistake.

I would not want you as a customer, thats for sure.

I think if you pay for something you can also ask for something.
    Or at least a hint somewhere that you have to enlarge the partition first. Not everyone knows that much.

@RickBakkr said:
    This probably is due to cloud image. Might want to check with fdisk the real size of the virtual disk, maybe you can enlarge the partition yourself?

... And there we have the solution

Thank you for the HELPFUL reply @RickBakkr

root@mx:~# df -h
    Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    udev 984M 0 984M 0% /dev
    tmpfs 200M 21M 180M 11% /run
    /dev/vda2 30G 1.6G 27G 6% /
    tmpfs 998M 0 998M 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 998M 0 998M 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs 200M 0 200M 0% /run/user/0

• LET Superman Help Desk to the rescue lol

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited November 2021

They still did not fix that bug, wow.

• they are not known to have powerful vps.

• @Hayashima said:
    bruh, fdisk first

But, yes, I will not use combahton again, their cpu is soooooo bad.

Not just the CPU or it's the weak CPU.

It feels like it's running on an ancient HDD.

• Still no answer. This is the worst provider and support I have ever experienced. I will keep posting here until I get my money back ;)

• PMS with this one is strong. Odor is very vinegary.

• @HomerJSimpson said:
    This is the worst provider and support I have ever experienced.

Consider yourself lucky.

I will keep posting here until I get my money back ;)

We’ve got ourselves a bad boy overhere.

• It's easy to make stupid comments if you are not concerned yourself. Or you don't care if you pay for a service and get garbage for it.

I'll keep posting anyway to warn potential new customers about this rubbish ;-)

• @HomerJSimpson said:
    you have to enlarge the partition first. Not everyone knows that much.

Are you sure a VPS is the right product for you?
    I agree, if you Google enlargement, you might get tips not so useful to enlarge your disk.
    If you need urgent support on a holiday, I'm sure they can send you a quote to back it with an SLA.

• I have several VPS with different providers (Netcup, BuyVM, ServaRica). I never had it with any of these providers that I had to increase the storage space first or that the server is soooo bad / slow.

It was my fault that I didn't look with fdisk. If there had been a hint somewhere, I would have checked it for sure.

I just want the server to be terminated and I get my money back ^^ That is German law and I insist on it.

Since the provider doesn't answer a ticket even during business hours, I have no choice but to share it publicly and warn others about this provider.

• @HomerJSimpson said:
    That is German law and I insist on it.

No, look at their ToS.

• @webcraft said:

@HomerJSimpson said:
    That is German law and I insist on it.

No, look at their ToS.

He is just worried Marge will be upset for spending money on an idler

Thanked by 2webcraft TimboJones
  • @HomerJSimpson said: That is German law and I insist on it.

The law you're referring to for online purchases ("Anschauungsrecht" / Fernabsatzgesetz) is not applicable to digital / virtual products. The Fernabsatzgesetz applies to physical goods purchased online where you're unable to inspect the item before purchasing, as you'd do in a shopping mall for example.

Thanked by 1frog
  • You have the right to withdraw from this contract within fourteen days without giving any reason.

Anyway ..

Ticket was answered, server canceled and not charged. The provider now offers me a refund of the credit.

I will give you feedback again whether everything went well.

• We need something similar to FraudRecord but not just for fraud, for shitty customers in general