Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner Cloud VS Netcup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner Cloud VS Netcup

What's better? Price vs performance, support?

Comments

• Netcup better performance/ratio & 2.5Gbps network with 120TB limit on root servers, 30 day cancellation policy.

Hetzner: easy hourly billing, 10Gbps network but with 20TB limit, nicer interface.

Support is good on both from what I heard. Personally I didnt used support for years, because their services work perfect, zeeero problems. Cant go wrong with either.

I would say netcup is better for long term projects with traditional one/two server config.
    Hetzner is better if you want flexibility - easy scaling, instant termination without contract like on netcup, more location choices.

You can use link in my signature to get 20 euro free on Hetzner to play around.

• Netcup root servers are stable, with resource guarantee and great uptime, you also have cpu AMD EPYC 7702. I have not used hetzner, but previously I use Buyvm and Cloudcone (both are very good) but in price/features the netcup offer is much higher.

Thanked by 1Cloudcone
  • nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited November 2021

Both are great. If you need lots of disk space, go with netcup (up to 2TB SSD for less than $50/month). Hetzner has some other good things, like automated backups and better flexibility.

• Both are really good. If you want better flexibility go with Hetzner.
    Personally I prefer netcup for no reason

• Contabo is better

• @Deals said:
    Contabo is better

nice joke

Thanked by 1hanoi
  • =】

@AXYZE said:

@Deals said:
    Contabo is better

nice joke

Hetzner requires users to provide too much information, including passports and proof of address, which some international users don't like

• @Deals said:
    =】

@AXYZE said:

@Deals said:
    Contabo is better

nice joke

Hetzner requires users to provide too much information, including passports and proof of address, which some international users don't like

International users xDD you mean MJJs. Ofc they dont like that, because that makes difficult to make spam accounts :/

Thanked by 2webcraft dahartigan
  • @AXYZE said: Hetzner: easy hourly billing, 10Gbps network but with 20TB limit, nicer interface.

Correct. I'm not a fan of how they invoice you at the end of the month, especially, on your first service month, though.

• Hetzner for production

• I see Netcup has 99,6% SLA, do anyone know what Hetzner has on their Cloud lineup?

There are some really bad reviews on Netcup but I'm guessing most of them are people not understanding that they operate more strictly with "contracts".

• @Wicked said:
    I see Netcup has 99,6% SLA, do anyone know what Hetzner has on their Cloud lineup?

There are some really bad reviews on Netcup but I'm guessing most of them are people not understanding that they operate more strictly with "contracts".

Netcup has 99.9% SLA on root servers

• @Deals said:
    Hetzner requires users to provide too much information, including passports and proof of addre

Super legit.
    Hetzner payment methods are on the classic end of scale (cards, paypal, wire etc), in such way they can validate "real" payment account owner.

• ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

It’s cloud vs VPS.

• @PearlMoon said:

@Deals said:
    Hetzner requires users to provide too much information, including passports and proof of addre

Super legit.
    Hetzner payment methods are on the classic end of scale (cards, paypal, wire etc), in such way they can validate "real" payment account owner.

Scammers, spammers and abusers dont like it because they cant make new account after termination. And ofc he is already banned, because even here he tries to do shady stuff.

Thanked by 2PearlMoon webcraft
  • @ericls said:
    It’s cloud vs VPS.

Exactly. Comparing apples and oranges here.

• @fixxation said:

@ericls said:
    It’s cloud vs VPS.

What kind of difference are we talking about?

• I use and like both.
    I prefer hetzner as i use alot their cloud, and so far, im yet to see a better cloud panel then the one hetzner has.

• @WebGex said:

@fixxation said:

@ericls said:
    It’s cloud vs VPS.

Netcup is mostly VPS and dedicated servers. Commitment needed as well, as you're tied into a long contract if you want a reasonable discount. Hetzner has a cloud platform - similar to Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr, UpCloud, etc - so you've got the VPS/dedicated instances, PLUS all the extra stuff if you need it (load balancers, private networks, snapshots, backups, firewalls, volumes, objects storage etc etc - you get the idea. It's a great platform, hopefully tomorrow the big announcement will be more locations, as it's a bit limited in that area at the moment, but everything about their platform is so great.

Thanked by 1WebGex
  • @fixxation said:

@WebGex said:

@fixxation said:

@ericls said:
    It’s cloud vs VPS.

Netcup is mostly VPS and dedicated servers. Commitment needed as well, as you're tied into a long contract if you want a reasonable discount. Hetzner has a cloud platform - similar to Linode, Digital Ocean, Vultr, UpCloud, etc - so you've got the VPS/dedicated instances, PLUS all the extra stuff if you need it (load balancers, private networks, snapshots, backups, firewalls, volumes, objects storage etc etc - you get the idea. It's a great platform, hopefully tomorrow the big announcement will be more locations, as it's a bit limited in that area at the moment, but everything about their platform is so great.

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation.

• TalistechTalistech Member
    edited November 2021

@Deals said:
    Contabo is better

What did you use are you using? I want some of that too.