Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ddos protected colocation in EU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ddos protected colocation in EU

Looking for colocation for 2U server in EU. As we are running game servers, ddos protection is very important to us. Please post some offers and tips.

Looking for 10g port, but i can live with 1g. Bandwidth ish 20TB month.

Budget : Whatever i need to pay to get something decent.

Comments

• WickedWicked Member
    edited November 2021

Check with Zare.com. They run Nitrous Networks which hosts thousands of game servers and offers DDoS protection.

They had Voxility when I used them a few years ago but seems like they use something else now. (DDoS Protection)

Thanked by 1Zare
  • Path.net, but it is 200$ per u

• stratagemstratagem Member, Host Rep

We can offer Path.net in the UK (Midlands) if you're interested. Feel free to get in touch for a quote.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

I run a game server hosting company and currently have 2u available in Equinix AM5 (Amsterdam) left over. Running on the GSL network (https://bgp.he.net/AS137409) with inline & always-on DDoS mitigation with specialized game specific filters. We're able to tweak rules as we go. Works perfectly for my game hosting customers.

I can offer you 2u colocation in Equinix AM5, in my opinion one of the best datacenters in the region, with 1A of power, 10 Gbit/s port, 30 TB of bandwidth and advanced always-on DDoS protection for only 119 EUR /month. DM me if you're interested.

• Still looking for alternatives

• Still looking

• Zare uk has good DDoS protection

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

2U in our Datacenter in the Netherlands would cost around 120 € / month.

1 IPv4
    100 Watt power inklusive (+50W are 10 € / month)
    20 TB Traffic
    10 GBit/s connection
    No redundant power connection (another feed is available for 10 € / month)

As DDoS Protection we are using Voxility.
    https://kts24.com/colocation

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@CConner said:
    I run a game server hosting company and currently have 2u available in Equinix AM5 (Amsterdam) left over. Running on the GSL network (https://bgp.he.net/AS137409) with inline & always-on DDoS mitigation with specialized game specific filters. We're able to tweak rules as we go. Works perfectly for my game hosting customers.

I can offer you 2u colocation in Equinix AM5, in my opinion one of the best datacenters in the region, with 1A of power, 10 Gbit/s port, 30 TB of bandwidth and advanced always-on DDoS protection for only 119 EUR /month. DM me if you're interested.

that is actually an amazing offer, given that the colo comes with game specific ddos protection.

Thanked by 1CConner
  • PappeskePappeske Barred
    edited November 2021

@SGraf said:

@CConner said:

that is actually an amazing offer, given that the colo comes with game specific ddos protection.

I got a test server on his network to perform some tests. My service died 2 secs after a simulated attack was launched. Useless. If his protection was even remotely decent, i would jump on it.

Edit : In his defence, he doesnt have a premade filter for the game im hosting. Also, he did put some effort into fixing it as we tested.

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

@Pappeske said:

@SGraf said:

@CConner said:

I got a test server on his network to perform some tests. My service died 2 secs after a simulated attack was launched. Useless. If his protection was even remotely decent, i would jump on it.

Edit : In his defence, he doesnt have a premade filter for the game im hosting. Also, he did put some effort into fixing it as we tested.

Every game has it's own weaknesses. Rust appears to become unresponsive the moment it receives a few 100 packets per second of bogus data. Total attack size was about 800 Mbit/s to 1 Gbit/s. Smaller attacks like these are always harder to filter, as you don't want to start blocking legitimate traffic.

There are a few filters we can and already have put in place since you last tested, however, to fully protect a game as sensitive as this one, we'll have to add a profile to the L7 stateful session-based game server proxy which validates all initial authentication handshakes with the game server before forwarding any traffic.

• @Pappeske said:
    a simulated attack was launched.

sounds a lot like you're attacking your hosts intentionally, wouldn't recommend that

• @bluehairminerboy said:

@Pappeske said:
    a simulated attack was launched.

sounds a lot like you're attacking your hosts intentionally, wouldn't recommend that

Did ofcourse ask for permission first.