Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help to create Ubuntu VPS on Hetzner
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Help to create Ubuntu VPS on Hetzner

nexius1981nexius1981 Member
edited October 2021 in General

Hi @All and @Hetzner_OL

Can anyone guide me and help me to create a Ubuntu VPS on Hetzner? For example the cloud vps with cpu 2vcores and 2 gb ram.

Many thanks and sorry my newbie

Comments

• https://accounts.hetzner.com/signUp, add a credit card and select your server.

• @Wicked thanks but it’s not only that :(

But thanks

• At this point u must be trolling lol

• @jahrinc said:
    At this point u must be trolling lol

?????

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

@nexius1981 said:

@jahrinc said:
    At this point u must be trolling lol

?????

It's either that you barely know how to use a mouse, or you can easily google, plus their interface isn't cluttered, but pretty intuitive.

• @nexius1981 said:
    Can anyone guide me and help me to create a Ubuntu VPS on Hetzner? For example the cloud vps with cpu 2vcores and 2 gb ram.

Many thanks and sorry my newbie

It's an unmanaged VPS, which means that you're expected to be able to install an OS by yourself

Can you be more precise about the problem that you're facing? Is the Ubuntu image not available, or is it available but you don't know how to install it, or have you installed it but now you don't know what to do with it?

Congrats on your first post

• afnafn Member
    edited October 2021

If you don't mind me asking, but if you don't know how to order and install OS via their easy interface, then how exactly do you plan to use it or run any thing on it? At this point, you might not even know how to connect to your VPS, once created and installed.

(btw they have documentation/tutorials on the hetzner wiki, 1 minute searching google will help)

@nexius1981 said:
    @Wicked thanks but it’s not only that :(

But thanks

It is actually only that...

• afnafn Member
    edited October 2021

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep

Sometimes LET is really surprised me!!

• @angstrom thanks for your answer.

I mean, once created, the network part, it’s like anyother vps that we buy on any other provider?

• @nexius1981 said:
    @angstrom thanks for your answer.

I mean, once created, the network part, it’s like anyother vps that we buy on any other provider?

If you install one of their Ubuntu images, then the network should already be configured correctly. Just take a note of your password so that you can ssh to your VPS after the OS is installed. Frankly, if you install an image, the OS (and VPS) should just work as expected afterwards.

Thanked by 1nexius1981