Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cert problems at Buyshared?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cert problems at Buyshared?

Hope someone can help I'm freaking out here. I'm on vacation in the Carribbean and don't have much debugging ability.

I have a small site hosted at Buyshared. Tiny, but important to me. This morning I'm getting a Privacy error Cert expired Connection invalid on all my devices. I don't know a lot about certs but the dates listed are Oct 28 2021 to Jan 26 2022 so they sure as heck don't look expired to me.

Attempts to continue anyway just lead to more cert errors and no connection,

I'm also getting the exact same error trying to connect to my.frantech.ca so I can't even open a ticket.

I'm using hotel internet but it worked yesterday so that shouldn't be the problem I don't think.

The one thing that seems to be working is the cpanel. I can log in and checked the let's encrypt, tried the Reinstall option in case that would do something. No change. That was before I found the frantech.ca site giving the same error,

I understand @Francisco posts here, I hope he sees this and can investigate. Did something go wrong with cert generation?

Comments

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

I wouldn't be doing all this over the hotel's internet without a VPN.

Thanked by 1b0lt
  • yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Please upgrade ca-certificate and OpenSSL on your client machine(s).

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Hello, sir.

Enjoy your vacation. Forget everything.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • It is a tiny site for 12 friends to share a common interest. There's nothing to steal, I don't need a vpn. But there are deadlines for participation which is why I am posting.

@yoursunny I don't understand your advice. I'm just using a windows 10 laptop with Chrome, an ipad and an android phone with built in browsers. They are up to date installs. There are no certificates to upgrade, no openssl on these that I'm aware of.

You are on a vacation. Why are you doing this to yourself?

You said so yourself; it's nothing important. Then just enjoy your vacation.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan

@ucfhl said: It is a tiny site for 12 friends to share a common interest. There's nothing to steal, I don't need a vpn

I mean there could be lots of other things other than stealing your stuff but you're "freaking out" just because of an SSL cert issue?

Sorry but I just find that odd.

@ucfhl said: I'm also getting the exact same error trying to connect to my.frantech.ca so I can't even open a ticket.

Plus there's nothing wrong with the certificate on my.frantech.ca so this could just be an issue on your end - probably your "hotel internet".

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

Nigh Sect deleted your certificate.
    Do 666 push-ups to restore your site.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
    edited October 2021

Just make sure that you obtain a life insurance for your wife or kids before performing 666 pushups.

Do not note that you must complete the 666 pushups in 666 seconds.

Thanked by 2yoursunny dahartigan
  • I said there was nothing to steal. It's very important to me, just not to anyone else.

I am doing concerned about this as there are 11 other people that rely on me to keep things running. Things are not running. Tickets cannot be opened.

I appreciate the replies but would prefer if they were more focussed on the problem. For example is my.frantech.ca reachable by those posting here or do you also get cert errors?

I absolutely refuse to help those who can't take a break when they are supposed to.

You remind me of those who are stuck to their cellphones with their coworkers while on a sunny vacation on a Iberian breach or pool.

• @DP said:

Plus there's nothing wrong with the certificate on my.frantech.ca so this could just be an issue on your end - probably your "hotel internet".

Ah, thank you. That's interesting that you can reach it.

May I ask one more test? Can you see a login page at ucfhl.com if you go there? I just get cert errors and now I'm thinking it is in fact the hotel internet messing it up.

@ucfhl said:

@DP said:

May I ask one more test? Can you see a login page at ucfhl.com if you go there? I just get cert errors and now I'm thinking it is in fact the hotel internet messing it up.

Yes I can, with no errors.

• @ucfhl said:

@DP said:

Your webpage (https) loads fine for me.

What happens if you try a different browser, e.g. Firefox?

• Haven't tried firefox but samsung, edge, chrome and apple on 3 different devices all give the same error.

I don't understand why my site seems to be the only one affected by the hotel internet. I can go to all kinds of sites big and small and none give an error except my hosting.

Thanks for checking the site.

• ShamliShamli Member
    edited October 2021

Work fine on android...
    Perhaps your hotel did something...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I'm starting with the man in the middle

I'm asking him to change his ways

And no message could have been any clearer

If you want to make the world a better place

Take a look at yourself, and then make a change

And THAT is so much important for him?

@deank said:
    And THAT is so much important for him?

The league is important. Where else is he supposed to post homemade music videos about his friend's wife's vaginal hubris?

You put'em in a jar and seal it!

Thanked by 1jar
  • Confirmed that it is the hotel internet interfering. Went out and bought a local sim card and everything is fine that way, Consider this closed.

Thanks to all those who genuinely tried to help.

Thanked by 1Falzo

@ucfhl said:
    Confirmed that it is the hotel internet interfering. Went out and bought a local sim card and everything is fine that way, Consider this closed.

I'm more concerned about the people at that hotel. Someone is trying to collect data. Any passwords you sent over that internet, I'd change them.

Thanked by 1Xrmaddness

I'd brand this a case of PMS more than anything else.

My God, he is on a vacation and is still working. Those types of people need help.

@deank said:
    My God, he is on a vacation and is still working. Those types of people need help.

And let all of those other shit sipping frittatas tinker with their lineup with impunity? No vacation is worth that.

• @jar said:

Can't tell if song lyrics or just response to OP.

Thanked by 1jar
  • @TimboJones said:

@jar said:

Can't tell if song lyrics or just response to OP.

Another email from Romanian admirer.

Thanked by 1jar
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@yoursunny said:

This, or you need your user to update Firefox/Chrome to get the latest LE root certificates.

Its especially a problem if your users are on XP and maybe even Vista?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@yoursunny said:

This, or you need your user to update Firefox/Chrome to get the latest LE root certificates.

Its especially a problem if your users are on XP and maybe even Vista?

Francisco

Add Windows 7 to that list.

You can't even install .NET on a fresh Windows 7 install anymore.

• @ucfhl said:
    Confirmed that it is the hotel internet interfering. Went out and bought a local sim card and everything is fine that way, Consider this closed.

a VPN would have helped as well, as it would have tunneled your connection through, cutting out the MITM effectively.

yet you thought @DP was just trolling... 🤷‍♂️