Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Move from Hostmantis Reseller Account to Hostmantis Shared Hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Move from Hostmantis Reseller Account to Hostmantis Shared Hosting

I currently have a reseller account with Hostmantis but the renewal price has gone up year on year and will now be $67.46 for the next 12 months.

The reseller account only has one active website hosted on it, so I am looking to move to their entry level shared hosting service.

Both would be with cPanel.

Does anyone have any experience of moving an account from their reseller account to a separate shared hosting account ?

Should this be a straight forward process ?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

They can do it if they want. Otherwise, you need to buy a new package and migrate website to it.

• I don't think it would be a problem, especially if you are going to continue in the same location.

Just a few clicks in WHM are you good to go.

• @Chalipa said:
    I don't think it would be a problem, especially if you are going to continue in the same location.

Just a few clicks in WHM are you good to go.

Thanks - But I wouldn't have WHM access on the shared hosting account I presume (as it isn't a reseller). Also the WHM with my Hostmantis reseller account doesn't have the 'Transfer or Restore a cPanel account' option.

I would be looking to purchase the new package and migrate over manually.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited October 2021

Why not get a shared account with a provider that has cpanel migration and then just click on it to restore your reseller hosted site?

• @Arkas said:
    Why not get a shared account with a provider that has cpanel migration and then just click on it to restore your reseller hosted site?

To be honest I've been looking at many different providers and don't have any experience with any of them. I know Hostmantis are reliable which is why I have stayed with them so far.

• why do you stay in a provider that has no commitment to customers. move on, don't fall into the same trap over and over

Thanked by 1commercial
  • they will charge a fee (typically upto US $ 10) for a one time migration- just raise a ticket. You will get more relevant response. Be clear on the plan you are looking for. (e.g. cPanel to cPanel ; or CP to DA, etc)

• Only because I've had so little time to do sufficient research into an alternative. I've had many suggestions but haven't had chance to do my own research and time is ticking away...

For ease and the fact I've always used it I would be looking for cPanel to cPanel. I would go with MyW.pt but the fact they only offer DirectAdmin has put me off. They seem to be well respected.

• I had done a reverse migration, grouping three accounts on a reseller account. It was a succession of bugs, three days with a support unable to explain things properly, who never saw the problem ... In short, there are only servers that are correct, IPs are regularly blacklisted, must inform them so they correct the pbm. amateurs ...

• just open a ticket i am sure they can help in u request....

• @malitoowned said:
    just open a ticket i am sure they can help in u request....

what is the fun in doing that? Was mentioned To Op earlier, and maybe they don’t want to pay Hm for migration and just get free support from LET.

• ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited October 2021

@commercial said: I had done a reverse migration

Is that like when refugees go to the opposite direction towards a conflict instead of migrating away from it? :neutral:
    I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as a reverse migration of accounts, you're still migrating them towards the final destination.

OP, go to Racknerd Cpanel shared hosting and ask for help to migrate the account, they will take care of it.

• @vyas11 said:
    what is the fun in doing that? Was mentioned To Op earlier, and maybe they don’t want to pay Hm for migration and just get free support from LET.

It isn't that. HM will do migrations for free. Just prefer to understand the process and do it myself if possible. That way I only have myself to blame if things go wrong.

• @happyman said: It isn't that. HM will do migrations for free.

lol :D

@happyman said:

@vyas11 said:

It isn't that. HM will do migrations for free. Just prefer to understand the process and do it myself if possible. That way I only have myself to blame if things go wrong.

Basically process is something like this:

1. Archive the whole website, copy the archive over to the new account and extract.
    2. Export the MySQL database if any, update any paths that your script uses and import it in the new account.
    3. Update your script/app's configuration files to reflect the new MySQL details.
    4. Create the email accounts on the new account and use any online imapsync instance to migrate emails. You will need credentials of each email box from both the old account and the new account.
    5. Change nameservers (ex. If you are moving location).
    6. Done.
    Thanked by 1vyas11
  • ArkasArkas Moderator
    edited October 2021

@Radi said: Done.

It would be much simpler If he went to another provider with Cpanel and use the migration tool, or have the new provider do it for him, most offer this service for free.

Thanked by 1commercial
  • Thanks everyone for the replies

Thanked by 1commercial
  • @Radi said:

@happyman said:

@vyas11 said:

1. Archive the whole website, copy the archive over to the new account and extract.
    2. Export the MySQL database if any, update any paths that your script uses and import it in the new account.
    3. Update your script/app's configuration files to reflect the new MySQL details.
    4. Create the email accounts on the new account and use any online imapsync instance to migrate emails. You will need credentials of each email box from both the old account and the new account.
    6. Done.

So a small one time fee charged by a provider is justified provided it is reasonable. Say under US $15 or so? Which is what Hostmantis might charge in this case.

@vyas11 said:

@Radi said:

@happyman said:

@vyas11 said:

6. Done.

So a small one time fee charged by a provider is justified provided it is reasonable. Say under US $15 or so? Which is what Hostmantis might charge in this case.

If it is same location, they can just change package and remove WHM access. Much more simpler.

• @Radi said:
    If it is same location, they can just change package and remove WHM access. Much more simpler.

I did ask them that previously and they said I can't downgrade from a reseller to shared hosting. So it sounds like they would be unwilling to do that.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Feels like OP wants to force MantisHost's hand by opening this thread.

InsectHost doesn't care about LET anymore. All they care about is looking for any reason to raise prices.

Thanked by 4fbmy vyas11 Arkas Egyarmy
  • @deank said:
    Feels like OP wants to force MantisHost's hand by opening this thread.

InsectHost doesn't care about LET anymore. All they care about is looking for any reason to raise prices.

Or charge for changes- justified or not

Thanked by 1commercial

@happyman said:

@Radi said:

I did ask them that previously and they said I can't downgrade from a reseller to shared hosting. So it sounds like they would be unwilling to do that.

Then do it manually. If you wish, feel free to PM for free help.

• @happyman said:
    I currently have a reseller account with Hostmantis but the renewal price has gone up year on year and will now be $67.46 for the next 12 months.

The reseller account only has one active website hosted on it, so I am looking to move to their entry level shared hosting service.

Both would be with cPanel.

Does anyone have any experience of moving an account from their reseller account to a separate shared hosting account ?

Should this be a straight forward process ?

Thanks in advance

I opened a ticket with them a while ago and they moved me from Reseller Entry to Shared Entry. Next renewal will be priced at shared entry but without any previous discounts. So basically the price you see on the website. Worked smoothly.

• A ticket will do it easily and that will be best for you.
    Otherwise you can choose Racknerd also, I am also using both of them.
    The main important thing with racknerd is you will get faster and better support.

• Having a good look around at alternatives and reviews I think I am going to go with Racknerd when my current Hostmantis package comes to an end.

• bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2021

racknerd support is excellent. i would suggest going with them if HM can't/won't help you