Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Racknerd reseller hosting
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Racknerd reseller hosting

Anyone using it ?? What is your reviews??

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep

2/10 you will be consumed into the cult of dustin, from which there is no escape. You will die inside, scream, cry, be in ethernal pain. You will never recover.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • I am happy with them, the only downtime i faced with them was some a while back for 4 or 8 hours when the server got ddosed

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

It would be nice If they added VPS reseller programs.

Thanked by 1dustinc
  • dustincdustinc Member, Patron Provider, Top Host

@mrlongshen said:
    Anyone using it ?? What is your reviews??

Hi @mrlongshen -- thank you for your interest with RackNerd's Reseller Hosting platform!

Our resellers benefit with whitelabel hostnames/whitelabel nameservers, with the ability to create custom nameservers as well. We truly provide a value packed reseller offering - enabling our resellers to be successful. We do this by including various features that even extend to your end-users, such as LiteSpeed Web Server w/ LSCache, free daily offsite backups with JetBackup V5 integrated with Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage, MailChannels Hybrid, Softaculous, CloudLinux, KernelCare. These are all features that you as a reseller can advertise/include with your end-users, further boosting your sales. Our reseller hosting platform is powered by cPanel/WHM and we can offer free migrations for both you, and your end-users (as long as the previous host is able to generate a cPanel-generated backup).

We have tons of happy customers, some of which are within this community, so we are sure that with time, some customers would be happy to chime in and share their feedback here as well. I am confident you'll enjoy our service if you decide to give us a shot :)

Let me know if I can ever help with anything - I'm always available.

P.S. Our reseller hosting services are now available in multiple locations. At the time I am writing this: Los Angeles, Frankfurt, Strasbourg, Miami, and Singapore https://my.racknerd.com/index.php?rp=/store/reseller-hosting-promotions-multiple-locations

To help get your business started, we also offer free Clientexec licensing. Clientexec is a billing and support CRM (customer relationship management software) designed for web hosts. This allows your business to have a ticketing system, with automated renewal/payment management and automated set up with our cPanel/WHM reseller hosting, so you can advertise instant set up to your end-users.

As long as you have at least one active service with RackNerd, you can get a FREE Clientexec license (a $143.90/year value) -- more details on how to claim it here: https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/173759/whmcs-alternative-free-clientexec-license-exciting-news-giveaway/p1

Thanked by 1mrlongshen

@neverain said:
    I am happy with them, the only downtime i faced with them was some a while back for 4 or 8 hours when the server got ddosed

Hi @neverain -- thank you so much for being our customer! I'm happy to hear that your experience with us has overall been satisfactory, and is meeting your expectations.

I do recall the incident you're referring to which if I recall correctly occurred late last year or early this year, and was isolated to one cPanel server of ours, which we've since learned from and adopted new mitigation patterns to help with in the future. We're constantly enhancing our DDoS mitigation capabilities on the network level. Additionally, for extra protection and as generally speaking as a good measure, we encourage customers to utilize CloudFlare as well whenever possible, to provide your site with a more sophisticated WAF (web application firewall) and to benefit from faster edge content delivery.

If we ever fall short of your expectations or if you ever need anything -- I'm always here to help. My direct e-mail is [email protected]

Thank you again for your business 👊

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited October 2021

@mrlongshen

Racknerd - so far so good. Its been almost 1.5 year. A little occasional load on their E3 servers having only 8 CPUs but still the sites load snappy. The new shared/reseller plans in Europe and Singapore have more CPU cores, high CPU speeds, more RAM, and of latest Intel series.

Support is quite fast. You will get reply within few minutes to couple of hours. And they really help until the issue is solved. Though I had faced only one or two issues, if I remember correctly, there was issue of PHP selector (there's confusion in cPanel as which one to choose from cloudlinux, cPanel, altphp, etc.) so I messed up. but they reversed it to correct selection and even explained to me in the ticket that what should be choose and who should not to be touched. Other issue was about cpu load getting high during peak hours and during those server-backup cron jobs. I had written a review here. But it was too solved.

Their new Wasabi remote storage for jetbackup is quite fast when I tested it against the normal jetbackup at their remote location. I could restore 290 MB of entire cpanel account from Wasabi hot storage within less than 9 seconds v/s 30+ seconds from normal jetbackup restore. Though one does not restore complete accounts daily, its just for emergency use, I did give it a check just to see if it correctly restores my entire cPanel account with databases, emails, site files, etc.

cpu is consumed if you run a heavy WP site with loads of plugins. Their all plans come with just 1CPU for shared/reseller account. I hoped it would have been 1.5 cpu and 1.5 gb ram shared/reseller plans as WordPress is getting bulkier day by day (the new gutenberg editor, those elementor plugins, image resize plugins and all etc. ).

my all sites' FFTB has quite improved, many load under 500ms from any U.S. locations. so indeed their servers are fast and they offer 80MB/s IO which is useful if your visitors will download files, images, wallpapers, or if you take off-site backups on your own, etc. The total processes, entry processes are also generous.

In short: Their shared/reseller package is like a little managed-vps, with cPanel, litespeed, backups, almost 24/7 support, and yeah personal support from their active-owner Dustin here. Quite ok for dynamic, wordpress, forum like sites with moderate to high traffic (but you'll have to enable LScache) to not max out the CPU.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen

@JasonM said:
    @mrlongshen

Racknerd - so far so good. Its been almost 1.5 year. A little occasional load on their E3 servers having only 8 CPUs but still the sites load snappy. The new shared/reseller plans in Europe and Singapore have more CPU cores, high CPU speeds, more RAM, and of latest Intel series.

Support is quite fast. You will get reply within few minutes to couple of hours. And they really help until the issue is solved. Though I had faced only one or two issues, if I remember correctly, there was issue of PHP selector (there's confusion in cPanel as which one to choose from cloudlinux, cPanel, altphp, etc.) so I messed up. but they reversed it to correct selection and even explained to me in the ticket that what should be choose and who should not to be touched. Other issue was about cpu load getting high during peak hours and during those server-backup cron jobs. I had written a review here. But it was too solved.

Their new Wasabi remote storage for jetbackup is quite fast when I tested it against the normal jetbackup at their remote location. I could restore 290 MB of entire cpanel account from Wasabi hot storage within less than 9 seconds v/s 30+ seconds from normal jetbackup restore. Though one does not restore complete accounts daily, its just for emergency use, I did give it a check just to see if it correctly restores my entire cPanel account with databases, emails, site files, etc.

cpu is consumed if you run a heavy WP site with loads of plugins. Their all plans come with just 1CPU for shared/reseller account. I hoped it would have been 1.5 cpu and 1.5 gb ram shared/reseller plans as WordPress is getting bulkier day by day (the new gutenberg editor, those elementor plugins, image resize plugins and all etc. ).

my all sites' FFTB has quite improved, many load under 500ms from any U.S. locations. so indeed their servers are fast and they offer 80MB/s IO which is useful if your visitors will download files, images, wallpapers, or if you take off-site backups on your own, etc. The total processes, entry processes are also generous.

In short: Their shared/reseller package is like a little managed-vps, with cPanel, litespeed, backups, almost 24/7 support, and yeah personal support from their active-owner Dustin here. Quite ok for dynamic, wordpress, forum like sites with moderate to high traffic (but you'll have to enable LScache) to not max out the CPU.

Hi @JasonM -- wow! Time sure does fly, thank you for being our valued customer for 1.5 years and counting :) I am personally familiar with your account, and sincerely appreciate you being so active within this community as well 👊

I'm happy to hear that you've found our enhancements and value-added features to our reseller hosting platform to be beneficial. As you've pointed out, our recent partnership with Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage has allowed us to offer faster backups and faster restores, and now, a 30 day retention period. The beauty of all this is, as a reseller - the same benefits also extend over to your end-users! This integrates well with JetBackup V5, which we have a video on here:

By the way, we're always open to discussing the possibility of raising CloudLinux LVE limits on a case by case basis. If you ever have a particular site or cPanel account you find needing a larger CPU, RAM, etc allocation, let us know and we can identify some solutions - [email protected] is my direct e-mail :)

Thanked by 2JasonM mrlongshen
  • ElonBezosElonBezos Member
    edited October 2021

@mrlongshen my tickets usually answered in a couple of minutes, sometimes takes longer due to i live in another side of earth with 12 hours time difference than US..

their hardware is good enough for cPanel reseller, i can see quite cpu loads but maybe somebody doing some backups that time, and doesnt effect on my site performance overall..
    from my experience everything can be discussed with Dustin/staff, just send any pm or ticket..

Racknerd is prem 👊🏻👊🏻

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • I'm in the process of moving MORE sites to my racknerd reseller account. I'm impressed how decent it is especially for the price.

My racknerd tracker runs on it too of course ;)

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • Using more then 1 year, Best Service, Good Support, No downtime.

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • @dahartigan said:
    I'm in the process of moving MORE sites to my racknerd reseller account. I'm impressed how decent it is especially for the price.

My racknerd tracker runs on it too of course ;)

Thanks. I love your tracker. Will signup later. 😀

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • BlueSquaresBlueSquares Member
    edited October 2021

I'm very happy with the Shared hosting so far. Dustin has been very responsive and the team answers tickets quickly. You can see my actual uptime for all of 2021 in the screenshot below. Keep in mind some of that downtime is due to site maintenance. I use Hetrix from multiple locations every minute to monitor my WP site.

Regarding SEO, their initial server response time was 280ms on Pagespeed as tested just now...

Thanked by 1mrlongshen
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

Their shared hosting options work well, although if you don't mind location, I would go with EU locations since they are emptier and have newer hardware. Either way, the hosting performs well and the support is excellent. I never noticed any downtime more than an occasional minute or so.

Thanked by 2JasonM mrlongshen
  • Racknerd is the best thing that ever happened in the hosting industry :) it's close to perfection. But I would say the same about Ramnode, BuyVM, MXRoute. I wish they last forever :)

Thanked by 1mrlongshen