Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice offer for old-school gamers and Arm SBC fans
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nice offer for old-school gamers and Arm SBC fans

jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
edited October 2021 in General

Just found:

ODROID-GO Advance Black Edition - including a 3.5-inch display and a case - in BF kind of offer is selling for 50% off (ca. $30 instead of ca. $60).

Specs:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3326 quad-core Arm Cortex-A35 processor @ 1.3GHz with Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
- System Memory – 1GB DDR3L @ 786Mhz, 32 Bits bus width
- Storage – 16MB SPI Flash for bootloader, Micro SD Card slot (UHS-1 Capable interface)
- Display – 3.5″ 320×480 TFT LCD (Wide-viewing angle display, MIPI-DSI interface)
- Audio – 3.5mm earphone stereo jack, 0.5Watt 8Ω Mono speaker
- Connectivity – 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFI 4 via ESP-WROOM-32 module (40~50Mbps with iperf)
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port
- Input Buttons – F1, F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, A, B, X, Y, Direction Pad, Left Shoulder, Right Shoulder, Analog joystick, R2, L2
- Expansion – 10-pin header with I2C, GPIO, IRQ at 3.3Volt
- Battery
3.7V/3000mAh Li-Polymer battery
Up to 10 hours of continuous game playing time
Charging time – 2.5 to 3 hours when the device turns off. 4 to 5 hours while playing games.
- Power Supply – 5V/1.5A via USB Type-C port (not USB-PD compatible, and no data)
- Power consumption – Game emulation: 250~350mA, Power off: 0.1mA
- Dimensions – 155x72x20 mm
- Weight – 170 grams

link -> https://www.hardkernel.com/product-category/odroid-board/rockchip/

Comments

• Nice price, but not great build/parts quality for it's intended purpose.

• Great offer, but I have my RetroFlag GPi case for Raspbery Pi Zero. I love it.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker
    edited October 2021

@Nekki

Sorry, me no gamer. I just happened to come across it and thought I'd link it here as probably most of us are in a pre BF mood and hey 50% rebate looked great and as a gaming toy it might be nice.

My second reason was that one could "abuse" that thingy just as a plain linux SBC and about $30 is a very nice price for a 4 core Arm board with a gig of memory and even a screen.

Thanked by 2bdl devp
  • emreemre Member, LIR

@jsg said: ODROID-GO Advance Black Edition - including a 3.5-inch display and a case - in BF kind of offer is selling for 50% off (ca. $30 instead of ca. $60).

YOUR ORDER
    PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
    ODROID-GO Advance Black Edition Aura Black × 1 $29.50
    Subtotal $29.50
    Shipping
    Shipping fee: $46.80
    Total $76.30

no, thank you.

Thanked by 2devp yoursunny
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@emre said:

@jsg said: ODROID-GO Advance Black Edition - including a 3.5-inch display and a case - in BF kind of offer is selling for 50% off (ca. $30 instead of ca. $60).

YOUR ORDER
    PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
    Subtotal $29.50
    Shipping
    Total $76.30

no, thank you.

Where the fuck you tried to ship it?
    To the fucking south pole?

• @emre said:

YOUR ORDER
    PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
    Subtotal $29.50
    Shipping
    Total $76.30

no, thank you.

My shipping fee to the U.S. is $23.20. Even at that rate, that's too much. Hardkernel (Odroid) stuff ships out of South Korea if I'm not mistaken.

@emre said:

YOUR ORDER
    PRODUCT SUBTOTAL
    Subtotal $29.50
    Shipping
    Total $76.30

no, thank you.

Oops, sorry I didn't look at the shipping costs.

• emreemre Member, LIR

@Neoon said: Where the fuck you tried to ship it?

To the fucking south pole?

Middle East ? :disappointed:

• I was excited but shipping is a deal breaker

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

When I was 14 and had a spectrum clone i was dreaming of a commodore 64. Now i will try to get one :P

• As someone who bought a couple ROCKS running this RK CPU, stick with the Raspberry pi.

That said, if they had HDMI out, we'd have bought them out.

• These are fun, I have the clear case version.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

@Maounique said: When I was 14 and had a spectrum clone i was dreaming of a commodore 64. Now i will try to get one :P

I have a Commodore 64 with a SD2IEC and play any of the games I want on a CRT TV, its amazing!

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Even with shipping costs to Europe, still not a bad deal. Could see a few non-gaming uses for it tbh.

Shipping to United Kingdom : We ship over US$190.00 order only. (Order value under US$190.00 shall be canceled without notice.)

That's a bit of a fucker. Will have to order it to Europe and pick it up at Christmas.

@LordSpock said:
    Even with shipping costs to Europe, still not a bad deal. Could see a few non-gaming uses for it tbh.

Shipping to United Kingdom : We ship over US$190.00 order only. (Order value under US$190.00 shall be canceled without notice.)

That's a bit of a fucker. Will have to order it to Europe and pick it up at Christmas.

Or maybe order 7+ of the thingies in a group order. Given that intra-Europe shipping isn't very expensive that might be a good way, if you find some others who want one.

Plus, of course, there should be EU-distributor(s), no?