Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pre-BF yearly renewals - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pre-BF yearly renewals

2»

Comments

• @yoursunny said:
    I have too many great deals, which causes a great hostname shortage, so that I wouldn't be able to take new deals on this Black Friday.

hostname provider location spec annual price action
    vps5 VirMach BUF 384MB $4 sold

How dare you?! © to sell this one?

That was a Cyber Monday deal from 2017 (if my memory serves me right). That's an item of historical value (I have one).

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2021

Decided to cull most of the NATs and sub-1GB V.P.servers. Quite a few to count, inspired by @yoursunny I had typed out a pretty table but in retrospect, the first line suffices.

In other news, said goodbye to 2 yr old PHP-Friends plan. Set cancellation dates on Inception Hosting pre-BF2020 plan. Might also bid goodbye to the Servarica Polar Bear plan and possibly Naranja Tech 2vcpu/4GB NYr 2021. Cancellation is a powerful feature. It is liberating in many ways.

That about does it. Have added credit to providers where I would like to renew. BF 2021 I am going to sit back and dip my toe only if something really exciting comes across.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited October 2021

I have BF vps 500gb ssd, 1 core and 2gb of ram for $20 annually. It's nice but with slow disk speed and lower cpu can be main reason to cancel. :disappointed:

or maybe i can keep it as backup storage vps.

And cancel 1 dedi i3 2tb ssd, 4gb ram with $110 renewal because i have hosthatch 16gb austr vps.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Just finished cancelling a bunch of VMs from Racknerd, Naranjatech, VirMach, Liteserver, Wishosting and Hostsailor due to faster and meaner VFM options popping up much closer to home.

I am in the process of consolidating services running on VMs to ones specifically hosted in NL and SGP with Hosthatch, InceptionHosting and Greencloud. Will probably pick up a couple of larger VMs from these providers over BF too.

10G networking = <3

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • I got to still curate the baggage of idling servers...

But I seem to have a problem to hold on to the dear idle vps and provide them company......

Thanked by 2dahartigan FrankZ
  • spartanhost reverse proxy
    greencloud Main force
    hosthatch storage or nfs

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2021

I cancelled three Virmach's today, including my "beloved" 4GB RAM NY 2019 BF-deal at $32/y. I'll still be left with 8 of them though. :)

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • All three Racknerd instances will be dropped, same with virmach, buyvm that was anynode 4gb, little Creek hosting, and my small alphvps storage cuz not enough bandwidth.

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • Cancelling special storage deals by HostHatch and one by Servarica as well, just because.

• Cancelling a few Virmach and Hosthatch Storage. I'm going to keep an eye on long established providers and see if they offer anything, if not, I'm good with what I have.

• yoursunnyyoursunny Member, IPv6 Advocate

@DataRecovery said:

@yoursunny said:
    I have too many great deals, which causes a great hostname shortage, so that I wouldn't be able to take new deals on this Black Friday.

That was a Cyber Monday deal from 2017 (if my memory serves me right). That's an item of historical value (I have one).

Yes, it's from 2017, but it's pale in comparison to the $8.88 from 2020.
    @wukesj wants it so I gave to her.
    The transfer ticket has been pending for 10 days now.
    If it doesn't get processed in next 27 days, the service would be canceled automatically.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

I think the only black friday deals I have left are ones I'm keeping - Servarica $12/yr v6-only VMs, can't remember if that was last year or the year before but $12 for 500GB of storage is hard to beat. Old MXRoute BF promos will get renewed too.

• @Harambe said:
    I think the only black friday deals I have left are ones I'm keeping - Servarica $12/yr v6-only VMs, can't remember if that was last year or the year before but $12 for 500GB of storage is hard to beat. Old MXRoute BF promos will get renewed too.

It is Mouse Storage on 2019 BF deal from ServaRica.

• @yoursunny said:

@DataRecovery said:

@yoursunny said:

Yes, it's from 2017, but it's pale in comparison to the $8.88 from 2020.
    @wukesj wants it so I gave to her.
    The transfer ticket has been pending for 10 days now.
    If it doesn't get processed in next 27 days, the service would be canceled automatically.

oh, seems no one of VirMach would handle this ticket.

• drizbodrizbo Member
    edited November 2021

Im renewing everything, cba migrating even if I can get better deals.

Thanked by 2dahartigan idleparty
  • @Harambe said:
    $12 for 500GB of storage is hard to beat.

How about $48 for 10GiB+1999GiB of storage? ...also at Servarica :D

• @Shot2 said:

@Harambe said:
    $12 for 500GB of storage is hard to beat.

How about $48 for 10GiB+1999GiB of storage? ...also at Servarica :D

Servarica definitely put on a good batch of deals last year!!

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited November 2021

@ariq01 said:
    I have BF vps 500gb ssd, 1 core and 2gb of ram for $20 annually.

What provider is that? Maybe you could transfer it, instead of cancelling it.

Thanked by 1chocolateshirt