Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Teredo is not globally reachable,6to4 poor connectivity.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Teredo is not globally reachable,6to4 poor connectivity.

Today I tried two IPv4 to IPv6 transition technologies and felt that they were not good.

5IKVMt.png
5IKZsP.png

Comments

• HE TunnelBroker would be the best..

• @chocolateshirt said:
    HE TunnelBroker would be the best..

I know, I'm just testing the transition techniques.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@chocolateshirt said:
    HE TunnelBroker would be the best..

Can it reach cogent? I'd suspect not.

• jtkjtk Member
    edited October 2021

The legacy transition technologies such as 6to4 are increasingly considered obsolete, formally so in essence with the publication of IETF RFC 7526 a few years ago in fact. Despite HE's ongoing support for it, you can probably expect very spotty performance and availability of it at best over the coming years. Some networks are starting to actively drop the 6to4 prefix announcements or traffic. Eventually it will likely, finally and completely die out if and when HE decides to retire their relays.

Thanked by 2rm_ bikegremlin
  • @jtk said:
    The legacy transition technologies such as 6to4 are increasingly considered obsolete, formally so in essence with the publication of IETF RFC 7526 a few years ago in fact. Despite HE's ongoing support for it, you can probably expect very spotty performance and availability of it at best over the coming years. Some networks are starting to actively drop the 6to4 prefix announcements or traffic. Eventually it will likely, finally and completely die out if and when HE decides to retire their relays.

It's a shame these prefix blocks that went down in history, what a great resource.