Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voxility or PATH.net for DDoS protection? Other options?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Voxility or PATH.net for DDoS protection? Other options?

Azayaka_MiraiAzayaka_Mirai Member, Host Rep

Cloudflare Magic Transit is too pricey though. Not an option for us. Besides I heard that the setup procedure is very slow from Cloudflare (took months???).

Comments

• stratagemstratagem Member, Host Rep

Path has been fine for us when we’ve used it but seems to catch a bit of flak on here.

• Azayaka_MiraiAzayaka_Mirai Member, Host Rep

It seems buyVM switches from Voxility to PATH.net. Any comment @Francisco ?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Azayaka_Mirai said:
    It seems buyVM switches from Voxility to PATH.net. Any comment @Francisco ?

We've used probably everyone at this point.

Voxility is pretty decent but their US network needed a lot more love. Maybe its improved a lot since then, I hope so. Voxility has the fastest support of probably any datacenter I've worked with. I consistently got < 5 minute reply times to most things (network issues, downed hardware, ACL's, etc).

Path has been excellent for us. Their staff is awesome and take part in my communities discord discussing the product, posting memes, etc. Great filters & API so we've been able to automate almost everything inside Stallion.

MT was very slow onboarding. I'm hoping its since improved but at the time it was a very drawn out and involved process (literally months to onboard a couple /24's back in the day). Their product isn't aimed at hosts though, so don't expect them to build custom filters for your games/VPN offerings like Path has done.

MT's staff is good and very open to feedback. I did more than a few calls with them and the whole MT team about progress/ideas/etc in the early days. I think we were customer #2 for them? Protonmail was #1 I think.

Francisco

• @GameTownProjects uses Voxility I think. For connectivity within Europe they're best imo. Only thing they lack is IPv6 protection.

• interservermikeinterservermike Member, Patron Provider

Cloudflare starting price is $5k/mo.

We currently use dos protection offered by our upstream Zayo. They have a good product but they force you to pay for protecting all your incoming traffic since it's also part of our regular transit mix.

I recently reached out to voxility and path.net. Path.net never responded. We are in the process of trying out Voxility.

• @interservermike said: Path.net never responded.

Oof, maybe @Francisco can help with that? They are usually active in Fran's Discord & Tempest Discord, maybe that's one of the alternative method to reach them out

@nanankcornering said:

@interservermike said: Path.net never responded.

Oof, maybe @Francisco can help with that? They are usually active in Fran's Discord & Tempest Discord, maybe that's one of the alternative method to reach them out

It is fine I did not try hard just an email to sales. Balls already rolling with vox. The real test will be how it filters. Hopefully, we can get it tested soon.

• The people over at Voxility are very nice and helpful, but I do believe that there aren't any providers that come close to offering what Path has to offer currently.

• Azayaka_MiraiAzayaka_Mirai Member, Host Rep

I did some research and it seems Path has an edge in its modern software stack (Grafana / ELK / XDP etc.) I think it is more future-proof, while Voxility seems more “traditional”.

• speedypagespeedypage Member, Patron Provider

@Azayaka_Mirai said:
    I did some research and it seems Path has an edge in its modern software stack (Grafana / ELK / XDP etc.) I think it is more future-proof, while Voxility seems more “traditional”.

Lots of GRE though :P

• wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@interservermike said:

@nanankcornering said:

It is fine I did not try hard just an email to sales. Balls already rolling with vox. The real test will be how it filters. Hopefully, we can get it tested soon.

Hey Mike, give me an email, we’ll get you sorted. I’ve dm’d you my email.

@wdmg said:

@interservermike said:

@nanankcornering said:

thanks!

Thanked by 1wdmg
  • wdmgwdmg Member, LIR

@interservermike said:

@wdmg said:

@interservermike said:

@nanankcornering said:

thanks!

No problem :) Looking forward to chatting and getting you on our platform.