Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Provider reviews: hostwinds/buyvm/spartanhost/njalla etc
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Provider reviews: hostwinds/buyvm/spartanhost/njalla etc

mishaboommishaboom Member
edited October 2021 in Reviews

Over the last 10 or so years, I've been hopping across server/VPS/domain providers, here's how they all worked for me, in order of best to worst. Note that a bad rating doesn't always mean it was necessarily all their fault, but I'm just rating my experience overall.

SpartanHost- 5/5 - Never had any issues, great pricing and 100% uptime. Also completely non-censorial. Great for production.

Njalla- 3.8/5 - Never had any issues. Servers are too pricey though. VPS was not 100% uptime, but close. Wouldn't recommend for normal production use, but rather hobby/testing projects where privacy is important. Also not a free-speech host, as they are not friendly to right-wingers. In interviews they outline who they will protect from censorship though and if you meet those categories you are good. Takes crypto, great site UI.

Hostwinds- 3.5/5 - 100% uptime and rock solid. Good for production. Great customer service. But they just roll over at any abuse report and so if anyone doesn't like your site/s, good luck, you'll be offline if you miss their email about someone's bogus report.

Hostinger- 3/5 - Great uptime, many server options. Horrible to non-existent actual customer service.

BuyVM- 2/5 - Had frequent network spottiness issues and Cloudflare errors while using Cloudflare as reverse proxy like always. Therefore, unusable for myself. Could possibly have just picked a bad datacenter at the wrong time. Might try their other locations and update if better. Spotty ssh speed into VPS. Good customer support, vibrant community.

Epik - 2/5 - Servers too expensive. They recently had a major security breach, and so also poor security. Great free speech option though, and if they fix their security could be a great provider No major issues except their security breach.

Vanwa tech - negative 3 - So bad can't even get into it. Unclear how they are even in business.

Thanked by 1SpartanHost

Comments

• Are they legit?

• @jenkki said:
    Are they legit?

Spartanhost and njalla were best so far.

Thanked by 1jenkki
  • BuyVM not well known host here. Please make detailed review of them.

How about your experience with Hetzner?

• @mishaboom said:
    Over the last 10 or so years, I've been hopping across server/VPS/domain providers, here's how they all worked for me, in order of best to worst. Note that a bad rating doesn't always mean it was necessarily all their fault, but I'm just rating my experience overall.

>

SpartanHost- 5/5 - Never had any issues, great pricing and 100% uptime. Also completely non-censorial. Great for production.

Njalla- 3.8/5 - Never had any issues. Servers are too pricey though. VPS was not 100% uptime, but close. Wouldn't recommend for normal production use, but rather hobby/testing projects where privacy is important. Also not a free-speech host, as they are not friendly to right-wingers. In interviews they outline who they will protect from censorship though and if you meet those categories you are good. Takes crypto, great site UI.

Hostwinds- 3.5/5 - 100% uptime and rock solid. Good for production. Great customer service. But they just roll over at any abuse report and so if anyone doesn't like your site/s, good luck, you'll be offline if you miss their email about someone's bogus report.

Hostinger- 3/5 - Great uptime, many server options. Horrible to non-existent actual customer service.

BuyVM- 2/5 - Had frequent network spottiness issues and Cloudflare errors while using Cloudflare as reverse proxy like always. Therefore, unusable for myself. Could possibly have just picked a bad datacenter at the wrong time. Might try their other locations and update if better. Spotty ssh speed into VPS. Good customer support, vibrant community.

Vanwa tech - negative 3 - So bad can't even get into it. Unclear how they are even in business.

Hey Hosthopper,

Is Spartanhost from Sparta?

• mishaboommishaboom Member
    edited October 2021

@jenkki said:
    BuyVM not well known host here. Please make detailed review of them.

How about your experience with Hetzner?

They appear to be discussed a lot actually.

Haven't tried hetzner but have considered it. Don't seem to offer anything unique. Am currently testing other providers not in the above list.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited October 2021

@mishaboom said: They appear to be discussed a lot actually.

Never seen it. Where You brother sharp eye found it.

• @jenkki said:

@mishaboom said: They appear to be discussed a lot actually.

Never seen it. Where You brother sharp eye found it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=buyvm+site:lowendtalk.com

• @devp said: BuyVM is Top Provider here.

Really? I read they in 86 place in Billboard charts, isn't? Or they already improve their experience?

• Over the last 10 or so years, I've been hopping across server/VPS/domain reviews. Here's how they all worked for me, in order of best to worst. Note that a bad rating doesn't always mean it was necessarily all their fault, but I'm just rating my experience overall.

mishaboom 5/5

• Sometimes they up till 35, but Hostsolution kick out them back very quick.

• @jenkki said:

@devp said: BuyVM is Top Provider here.

Really? I read they in 86 place in Billboard charts, isn't? Or they already improve their experience?

2/10 low quality troll, but you baited some fishes so I guess its 10/10

• I would love to try SpartanHost, but they are always put of stock. And Njalla they are too expensive for me. I am poor tho.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited October 2021

When Marius sings ,Запрягайте Хлопцы Кони, in Romanian with Hetzner girls on back vocals it will hit 12-th place at least. Never know.

• pbxpbx Member
    edited October 2021

Njalla:

@mishaboom said: Also not a free-speech host, as they are not friendly to right-wingers.

Epic:

@mishaboom said: Great free speech option

Didn't you forget to add that Epic wasn't a free-speech host, as they are not friendly to left-wingers? (From what I read, no experience with them, nor with njalla)

Thanked by 1fluffernutter
  • ArkasArkas Moderator

So... Where are the reviews? A sentence each?

• @AXYZE said: 2/10 low quality troll, but you baited some fishes so I guess its 10/10

Do not pretend to be a genius, like Deank does, but if you don't know source you cannot recognize mention. That some masterpieces of intellectual humor for a middle level at least.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I think @Francisco would agree there was a solid amount of time where things in Vegas, if not elsewhere (I'm only in Vegas) didn't achieve the best uptime. I had more outages there than anywhere else I host. But thankfully it's very solid now. Enough that I've added more production services there.

Thanked by 1devp
  • Great experience with SpartanHost too, absolutely reliable provider.

Thanked by 1SpartanHost
  • afnafn Member

@mishaboom said: Vanwa tech - negative 3 - So bad can't even get into it. Unclear how they are even in business.

Can you actually get into it please?
    I am interested in their services and I was considering buying from them but found no reviews.
    (there is also cloudlayar who seem to be an unknown company, reselling CF services)