Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

QuantumCore - Aus Ryzen VPS for $1.40 AUD/month for first 1, 3 or 6 months! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

QuantumCore - Aus Ryzen VPS for $1.40 AUD/month for first 1, 3 or 6 months!

2»

Comments

• @QuantumCore said: I'll see what we can do but for now, that's how our system currently works.

I already contact around 10 providers who have only new PayPal module and explain them a issue, everyone says OK we can do and add old module into list within 10-15 min. That not a problem and let you make more money with it.

• afnafn Member
    edited October 2021

@IziD I was actually gonna buy, but then I saw the ToS and just said "screw it, I ain't buying"

I can't trust them with those ToS and more importantly, I don't really like restrictions and bans on IRC and all P2P services, there is nothing illegal about these!

• mcgreemcgree Member
    edited October 2021

No AES acceleration?

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Processor  : QEMU Virtual CPU version 2.5+
    CPU cores  : 1 @ 3792.874 MHz
    AES-NI     : ❌ Disabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 976.4 MiB
    Swap       : 975.0 MiB
    Disk       : 13.7 GiB

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 189.77 MB/s  (47.4k) | 697.68 MB/s  (10.9k)
    Write      | 190.27 MB/s  (47.5k) | 701.35 MB/s  (10.9k)
    Total      | 380.05 MB/s  (95.0k) | 1.39 GB/s    (21.8k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
    Read       | 553.47 MB/s   (1.0k) | 518.67 MB/s    (506)
    Write      | 582.88 MB/s   (1.1k) | 553.21 MB/s    (540)
    Total      | 1.13 GB/s     (2.2k) | 1.07 GB/s     (1.0k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed     
                    |                           |                 |                
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 517 Mbits/sec   | 239 Mbits/sec  
    Online.net      | Paris, FR (10G)           | 468 Mbits/sec   | 402 Mbits/sec  
    WorldStream     | The Netherlands (10G)     | 457 Mbits/sec   | 500 Mbits/sec  
    WebHorizon      | Singapore (1G)            | 674 Mbits/sec   | 776 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 729 Mbits/sec   | 329 Mbits/sec  
    Velocity Online | Tallahassee, FL, US (10G) | 781 Mbits/sec   | 635 Mbits/sec  
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 847 Mbits/sec   | 825 Mbits/sec  
    Iveloz Telecom  | Sao Paulo, BR (2G)        | busy            | 411 Mbits/sec  

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 1070                          
    Multi Core      | 1046                          
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/10523962

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited October 2021

@afn said: I don't really feel I can trust a company that bans IRC and all P2P services..

That's a plus point for me: means my network neighbours are less likely to saturate the data pipe, along with broadcast packets and port scanning.

Regardless of the crappy worded ToS, QuantumCore have been very reliable for me, over the past few years (May 2019). Support has been responsive too. Excellent value for money.

[Edited typo :'( ]

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • QuantumCoreQuantumCore Member, Host Rep

@jenkki said: I already contact around 10 providers who have only new PayPal module and explain them a issue, everyone says OK we can do and add old module into list within 10-15 min. That not a problem and let you make more money with it.

As I said, we'll look into it and if it's do-able, we'll get it added.

@afn said: @IziD I was actually gonna buy, but then I saw the ToS and just said "screw it, I ain't buying"

I can't trust them with those ToS and more importantly, I don't really feel I can trust a company that bans IRC and all P2P services, there is nothing illegal about these!

I'll let you know when we've updated our ToS. Whilst we will most likely relax some of the terms, there will be a need to keep some of the terms to prevent abusers that affect other clients that are following the rules.

@mcgree said: No AES acceleration?

I believe we just need to enable Host Passthrough for your VPS. If you PM me your IP address and are happy with a quick reboot, I can get that sorted :)

@AlwaysSkint said: That's a plus point for me: means my network neighbours are less likely to saturate the data pipe, along with broadcast packets and port scanning.

Regardless of the crappy worded ToS, QuantumCore have be very reliable for me, over the past few years (May 2019). Support has been responsive too. Excellent value for money.

If we relax any of our terms in our ToS, we'll certainly make sure that we can still deal with users that abuse the service so that we can continue to provide our good service.

Also, thanks for being a customer for the last 2+ years.

Thanked by 1afn
  • Really impressed with the network for local Australian traffic and the Ryzen cores - thank you! Will need to send request for AES and also hanging out for future reoccurring offers :)

Thanked by 1QuantumCore
  • This is a really good deal, it would be better if I can pay yearly tho as it is a one time discount. But BF is coming, so maybe I can get some deals that are even better than this. Cheers.

• GravelyGravely Member
    edited October 2021

i deadset grabbed my card reading the title as recurring haha. Intel for the same price? ;)

@Hayashima said: This is a really good deal, it would be better if I can pay yearly tho as it is a one time discount. But BF is coming, so maybe I can get some deals that are even better than this. Cheers.

I'll see if we can spin something up for BF :)

@Gravely said: i deadset grabbed my card reading the title as recurring haha. Intel for the same price?

If we could offer Intel for the same price recurring, we'd be hemorrhaging money haha

We'll be coming up with the Intel deal tomorrow so keep an eye out :)

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Fantastic deal until i saw 6 months :)

• Do you Allow VPN on the servers?
    TUN/TAP / PPP is allowed?

• Out of Stock :'( :'(

• @QuantumCore said:

@Hayashima said: This is a really good deal, it would be better if I can pay yearly tho as it is a one time discount. But BF is coming, so maybe I can get some deals that are even better than this. Cheers.

I'll see if we can spin something up for BF :)

@Gravely said: i deadset grabbed my card reading the title as recurring haha. Intel for the same price?

If we could offer Intel for the same price recurring, we'd be hemorrhaging money haha

We'll be coming up with the Intel deal tomorrow so keep an eye out :)

Tomorrow 🧐??? @QuantumCore

• @contactwajeeh said: Tomorrow 🧐??? @QuantumCore

Might be working on updating their ToS:

@QuantumCore said:
    I'll let you know when we've updated our ToS.

@Gamexland said:
    Do you Allow VPN on the servers?
    TUN/TAP / PPP is allowed?

As long as what you're doing is legal and you don't abuse the service, you can do what you like :)

@Gamexland said:
    Out of Stock :'( :'(

The promotion was too successful so we've run out of stock sorry :( If we get a new node then we'll definitely let people know that we have stock again.

@contactwajeeh said: Tomorrow 🧐??? @QuantumCore

Sorry, we've been quite busy recently but I promise we'll be releasing a new promotion in the next 24 hours :)

@IziD said: Might be working on updating their ToS:

Still a work in progress but I'll let everyone know when they have been updated.