Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with high monthly transfer in the UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with high monthly transfer in the UK

sundaymousesundaymouse Member
edited October 2021 in Requests

Following https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/165753/vps-with-high-monthly-transfer-in-the-uk, I'm in the market once again for a VPS or dedicated server with high monthly transfer in the UK.

This VPS is for a private VPN server. The few clients connecting to the VPN server are on high-bandwidth residential internet services also in the UK, and therefore need good burstability on a shared 1Gbps+ uplink, including during peak hours, but the sustained bandwidth utilisation is low.

Requirements:

• 2 hardware threads or better (for VPN cryptography load, sustained overall utilisation no more than 20%)
  • at least 4TB of monthly transfer cap (each direction)
  • at least 1GB of RAM
  • at least 1Gbps shared uplink bandwidth, with 500Mbps+ good burstability for short durations during peak periods
  • Located anywhere in the UK, London is preferred but this will obviously affect price
  • Provider with no significant adverse history involving security / privacy breaches

Not these networks / data centres:

• OVH
  • iomart
  • Iron Mountain/EvoSwitch/Leaseweb Slough

No, I'm also not getting a shared VPN plan from anyone, sorry.

Budget:

Unlike the previous post, flexible.

The benchmark however is the AWS Lightsail London, 2 t2 burstable threads, 4GB RAM, 80GB SSD and 4 TB transfer for $24/month (with VAT); I'm looking for a cheaper option, or an option with more monthly transfer.

Thanks.

Comments