Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Privacy Protection will gone! EU legislation introduced to ban anonymous domain registration - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Privacy Protection will gone! EU legislation introduced to ban anonymous domain registration

13»

Comments

• In what way would trying to identify people that are breaking copyright laws be similar to "mafia"?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@sandoz said: I don't believe in nothing

Then you believe in everything.

The anti-vaxxer movement has been exacerbated by censorship and mistrust in governments due to bad media coverage.
    We live in the most afluent times in history, yet people revolt. Yes, there is a crisis in the capitalist system where unlimited expansion hits the limits, we probably passed the peak or we are at a plateau, but that is not a reason to kill the golden eggs laying goose because it might give some silver ones or less than 24 K at some point in the future.
    If we do, not only that we will be way worse off, but we will go the spiral of arms race, war for dwindling resources used in the arms race, then global collapse.
    China is going the Japan's way before WW II. Afraid of being cut off resources started a kind of economic zone atm and will go full military soon. Same as Japan, targets the wrong countries, instead of going north to the soft underbelly of Russia sparsely populated and full of resources, goes south, towards overcrowded countries and big pollution and little resources.
    Not to mention war with US and many of their allies.

• sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited October 2021

@Maounique said:

@sandoz said: I don't believe in nothing

Then you believe in everything.

The anti-vaxxer movement has been exacerbated by censorship and mistrust in governments due to bad media coverage.
    We live in the most afluent times in history, yet people revolt. Yes, there is a crisis in the capitalist system where unlimited expansion hits the limits, we probably passed the peak or we are at a plateau, but that is not a reason to kill the golden eggs laying goose because it might give some silver ones or less than 24 K at some point in the future.
    If we do, not only that we will be way worse off, but we will go the spiral of arms race, war for dwindling resources used in the arms race, then global collapse.
    China is going the Japan's way before WW II. Afraid of being cut off resources started a kind of economic zone atm and will go full military soon. Same as Japan, targets the wrong countries, instead of going north to the soft underbelly of Russia sparsely populated and full of resources, goes south, towards overcrowded countries and big pollution and little resources.
    Not to mention war with US and many of their allies.

When I said I don't believe in nothing, I was thinking you got the point. I'm clearly talking about Anti-Piracy groups.

Everything for them are Piracy, even if 20% of population is not interested in watch movies / tv shows through "legal streaming services", they will use the excuse that is fault of Piracy.

They always use excuses that doesn't even true, of course some half of society, don't want to watch movies or tv shows because they don't have time, or don't like it. Or maybe they like to save money instead buy Netflix + HBO + Disney etc..

They blame Piracy for everything, they never are wrong did you know that right? They go persue Hosting Providers, ICANN, VPN whatever they can do have "control" of everything, that is their point.

When they reach their point, ohh boy...

@rcy026 said:

In what way would trying to identify people that are breaking copyright laws be similar to "mafia"?

Don't be surprised if they want some day take control of Bitcoin, because bitcoin increases privacy and is used "for piracy" another excuse they can put in the news in near future...

They don't care about you, even if in your country is legal.. they want to suck everything they can to control and stop any activity they don't like.

For example Warez Linking is not a crime, is only linking, why hosting provider should be sued for that? Why don't they ask file hosters to remove it?! Instead trying to close Hosting providers or website with warez linking (like Google etc)?

MAFIA Anti-Piracy industry, and thanks Piratebay for always comeback and defeat those ignorants.

• @sandoz

You did not answer my questions:
    Do you get affiliate commission, or are you paid marketer for New York Times and Washington Post? If yes, why did you not disclose/ If no, why did you post links to two sites that require registration or are paywalled? How is that supporting privacy?

• @vyas11 said:
    @sandoz

You did not answer my questions:
    Do you get affiliate commission, or are you paid marketer for New York Times and Washington Post? If yes, why did you not disclose/ If no, why did you post links to two sites that require registration or are paywalled? How is that supporting privacy?

I'm not paid for such activities, I don't have anything related with New York Times and Washington, however you can copy the title and search in Google for the same keywords, you may be able to read it, if you don't like.

Perhaps you reach the limit of daily read, I don't know. Since I don't read frequently NYT and others.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I read this and don't see anything about outlawing WHOIS privacy. Did I miss something?

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited October 2021

@raindog308 said:
    I read this and don't see anything about outlawing WHOIS privacy. Did I miss something?

"In particular, TLD registries and entities providing domain name registration services should establish policies and procedures** for the collection and maintenance of accurate, verified and complete registration data**, as well as for the prevention and correction of inaccurate registration data."

"As long as the owners and operators of these platforms remain anonymous, they are free from law enforcement disruption."

Source: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/government/eu-legislation-introduced-to-ban-anonymous-domain-registration/

Let me correct what they really want:

1. "In particular, TLD registries and entities providing domain name registration services should establish policies and procedures** for the collection and maintenance of accurate, verified and complete registration data**, as well as for the prevention and give all customer data without a court order, because we want it, if we think isn't right even if is, we may able to get all private information"

"As long as the owners and operators of these platforms remain anonymous, they are free of speech, reporting the truth about the corrupts like us and others (Panama Papers?), they are free from law enforcement disruption, just like us asking information without court order, uuupss perhaps no one hear that."

They want to have access to all information without a court order, what kind of these organizations think they are? Is like:

Anti-Piracy Organizations: Hmmmm I don't like you or we don't like this website
    Anti-Piracy Organizations: I request all information about this domain
    Domain Registars: Sir, and... what about court order?
    Anti-Piracy Organizations: We don't need that, why we need court order or going to court?
    Anti-Piracy Organizations: Provide me all details, and let's forget about that.

Check this:
    https://torrentfreak.com/riaa-criticizes-icann-for-hindering-its-anti-piracy-efforts-211021/

Flokinet complies with the laws where the server is hosted, if they receive a court order from Romenia, they will give all information they have. Why listed there?

The answer is easy: They don't comply with what is requested, in this case without any court order. So what these organizations do is list them as criminals, which they are not.

edited October 2021

Whistleblowers will always have wikileaks and similar.
    This is not about that, you dont need a domain to be a whistleblower. Also you dont need a domain to spam, to do piracy or whatever else.
    Yes, they think they can control the internet, yes, they think they should access private things without a court order, yes they think they can build a dragnet and get whatever they are searching for from it, but it will never work if people are careful.
    In theory, you should not encrypt your correspondence, either in physical form (paper and pen) or electronically so it cannot be read, it should be implicit that it would not be read without a probable cause and a court order confirming that.
    But we will never be able to get back to that, no matter what constitutions say, so it is up to us to safeguard our privacy, anonymity and freedom of speech.
    Sad but true.

Thanked by 2default bulbasaur
  • sandozsandoz Veteran
    edited October 2021

@Maounique said:
    Whistleblowers will always have wikileaks and similar.
    This is not about that, you dont need a domain to be a whistleblower. Also you dont need a domain to spam, to do piracy or whatever else.
    Yes, they think they can control the internet, yes, they think they should access private things without a court order, yes they think they can build a dragnet and get whatever they are searching for from it, but it will never work if people are careful.
    In theory, you should not encrypt your correspondence, either in physical form (paper and pen) or electronically so it cannot be read, it should be implicit that it would not be read without a probable cause and a court order confirming that.
    But we will never be able to get back to that, no matter what constitutions say, so it is up to us to safeguard our privacy, anonymity and freedom of speech.
    Sad but true.

Yes? I think you confuse things, and not only... I think you think that there are no people who want control, that exists and will always exist, don't forget that the world revolves around money and whoever has more wins control over certain things, even the most inexplicable.

By the way, you say that wikileaks always goes wikileaks, but where is the owner of wikileaks? Why is he being chased? Threatened? With multiple processes? Extradition attempts?

Like I said before, the next excuse is cryptocurrency. I told you, you can see in the date.. now the theory it is gradually coming true, and perhaps even will.

I said, that they wanted to run almost everything, they want to find culprits everywhere, this is their excuse to act and get what they want. Now the piracy's fault is the crypto coins! Just to laugh, just crazy.

Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the real culprit of piracy, now it's cryptocurrencies, then the culprits will be mice and keyboards because they allow you to type in keywords and search for piracy!

https://torrentfreak.com/mpa-wants-cryptocurrency-exchanges-to-help-identify-online-pirates-211026/

don't miss the next episode, because neither do we. Alias will not just stop here, soon they will blame and arrange laws and regulations for everything that is place, even in what they believe might never happen.

edited October 2021

@sandoz said: I think you confuse things, and not only...

I dont confuse anything, I just think the battle is lost, fascists will always want to control, find the commies, the pinkos and whatnot, same the communists will search for the enemies of the people. At this time, the russians control some countries in the eastern europe by supporting reactionary governments to undermine EU from inside, and the way those governments are kept in power is by the way of spreading (with a lot of investment) conspiracy theories.
    Be it Soros, the vaccine saga, the illuminati and even qannon, those are supported by moscow to undermine democracy and it works.
    The chinese also are learning the russian model and are propping up reactionary regimes and military ones even as that would be contrary to their ideology, because, in the background, the communists and fascists are after the same goal, to control everything because a pluralistic society would keep them out of power. No wonder Trump and Putin went so well together, he had a problem with China, but not because it is a dictatorship, but because it is competing with the one he was planning to build.
    Only spreading the truth can keep those two at bay, by insisting in this RIAA and whatever else conspiracy we lose the sight of the goal, the truth, expose all those conspirationists and find out who is keeping them fed.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2021

@sandoz,

what are your thoughts on a Nobel Peace Prize Winner persecuting journalists and imprisoning activitsts under the guise of "national security"?

All good in this case, right? In December 2017, two Reuters journalists, Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo, were arrested while investigating the Inn Din massacre of Rohingyas.[271][272] Suu Kyi publicly commented in June 2018 that the journalists "weren't arrested for covering the Rakhine issue", but because they had broken Myanmar's Official Secrets Act.[272][273] As the journalists were then on trial for violating the Official Secrets Act, Aung San Suu Kyi's presumption of their guilt were criticized by rights groups for potentially influencing the verdict.[272][274] American diplomat Bill Richardson said that he had privately discussed the arrest with Suu Kyi, and that Aung San Suu Kyi reacted angrily and labelled the journalists "traitors".[275] A police officer testified that he was ordered by superiors to use entrapment to frame and arrest the journalists; he was later jailed and his family evicted from their home in the police camp.[276] The judge found the journalists guilty in September 2018 and to be jailed for seven years.[272] Aung San Suu Kyi reacted to widespread international criticism of the verdict by stating: "I don't think anyone has bothered to read" the judgement as it had "nothing to do with freedom of expression at all", but the Official Secrets Act. She also challenged critics to "point out where there has been a miscarriage of justice", and told the two Reuters journalists that they could appeal their case to a higher court.[277]

In September 2018, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights issued a report that since Aung San Suu Kyi's party, the NLD, came to power, the arrests and criminal prosecutions of journalists in Myanmar by the government and military, under laws which are too vague and broad, have "made it impossible for journalists to do their job without fear or favour."[16]

Whining and irrelevant bitching PMs @sandoz has ruined my perception of the brand Sandoz (in particular their calcium tablets) forever.

B2-D347-ED-68-B0-4155-9450-62-A93-C7561-CD

• @sandoz said:

@rcy026 said:

In what way would trying to identify people that are breaking copyright laws be similar to "mafia"?

Don't be surprised if they want some day take control of Bitcoin, because bitcoin increases privacy and is used "for piracy" another excuse they can put in the news in near future...

They don't care about you, even if in your country is legal.. they want to suck everything they can to control and stop any activity they don't like.

For example Warez Linking is not a crime, is only linking, why hosting provider should be sued for that? Why don't they ask file hosters to remove it?! Instead trying to close Hosting providers or website with warez linking (like Google etc)?

MAFIA Anti-Piracy industry, and thanks Piratebay for always comeback and defeat those ignorants.

I don't know if it's a language problem or something, but you just totally ignore my questions and go on a completely separate rant about something else every time, so this discussion is going nowhere.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @rcy026 said:

@sandoz said:

@rcy026 said:

I don't know if it's a language problem or something, but you just totally ignore my questions and go on a completely separate rant about something else every time, so this discussion is going nowhere.

I don't know if read, but above in this page. I quoted you, perhaps you didn't notice...

When you said «people are trying identify people that are breaking copyright laws be similar to "mafia". »

Let tell you, they don't care. They aren't identify nothing, but wanting control, they want to have control without have court order for those purposes, and that's not only dangerous, but if we stay like this, in the future you everything will be controlled by this MAFIA.

What they should do:

I want to know who is behind this website > Go to court in which the website is being hosted and get a court order then it will be provided

I want to know the real IP address behind cloudflare > Go to court and ask for court order, then nothing will done, if you don't have.

I want to know who is this user who is using Cryptocurrency for piracy whatever> **Report to authorities and go to Court and get court order *or wait to be properly investigated by Police.

**What they think **

They are using Cryptocurrency, and piracy is increasing > The fault is Cryptocurrency!!

They are using free tools or open source, and paid software are losing revenue > Is not open source or free tools that are doing happening, is piracy!!! The** fault is piracy!**

They are sharing content they bought or paid with Family, so sales are decreasing > The fault is piracy!!

Youtube are being used for hear free music with ads, paid CDs / Spotify or other are losing sales > The fault is Piracy

If you see, everything is caused by piracy in ALL arguments..

Never is because they use free tools, perhaps they share with family (if you have newspaper you can share with family right? do you think they will bought newspaper? Of course not!) Is completely legal share newspaper and I'm talking about paper in hands!

What they really want (and what they are really doing)

Cloudflare > Giving all data without court order

Cryptocurrency > Being controlled without court order and know who is behind what or this.

Hosting Providers > Being able to give all data information without any court order or warrant

Domain Registars > Reveal who is behind this domain and have access to whois privacy, without court order and know who is behind it.

VPN > Blocking websites with piracy content without court order

File Hostings > The fault is always from owner, not from users who upload this, for this reason Rapidgator, megaupload and others had being pursue. Want to know who is uploading that or this file? Go to court.

Github > Tool that allow someone to create torrent website or other something > let's take it down, because will be used to make website with piracy, no one can create legal downloads websites! Even for educational purposes like ISO's of Linux!

Who is chased without guilt? File Hosters, Hosting Providers, Domain Registration, VPN, Cryptocurrency.

Megaupload always removed content of piracy, of course you can't remove it in seconds... but the owner as in fight for years. This is a good example

Excuses: But we will waste tons of money, but if we always go to court order it will take time to solve issues! This is piracy fault.

Real truth: Deal with it, we are humans. If others go to court and needs to wait properly to get their troubles solved, they also need to be. If you go to court, you need to wait to decision of court.

Final question: If they want to control (and believe me, they want seriously control), what is the job of Police Department? Cybercrime department? If this industries takes control of everything, there no sense.

@Maounique I agree with you, that's because projects like Piratebay, Njal.la, Wikileaks pisses them off, but the real question is, who will have courage to face them, like the piratebay, Peter Sunder Projects, and other projects related with Privacy?

Piracy is not privacy. People need privacy for many reasons, some do need it to break the law, but that is not a reason to remove all privacy and anonymity.
    Piracy and child porn are used as an excuse and the advocates of privacy which need it to break the law are actually feeding the myth that privacy and anonymity are only needed by people who break the law
    yes, some laws SHOULD be broken, like national security laws when are used to stifle dissent or gag whistleblowers or infringe on human rights and democracy, but the right of creators to enjoy the benefit of their creations should not be infringed upon.
    Today there are many ways to enjoy such content for free or pennies without infringing, yes, it is cumbersome and not totally free, but there must be some revenue to maintain the system.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @sandoz said:

@rcy026 said:

@sandoz said:

@rcy026 said:

I don't know if read, but above in this page. I quoted you, perhaps you didn't notice...

When you said «people are trying identify people that are breaking copyright laws be similar to "mafia". »

Let tell you, they don't care. They aren't identify nothing, but wanting control, they want to have control without have court order for those purposes, and that's not only dangerous, but if we stay like this, in the future you everything will be controlled by this MAFIA.

What they should do:

I want to know who is behind this website > Go to court in which the website is being hosted and get a court order then it will be provided

I want to know the real IP address behind cloudflare > Go to court and ask for court order, then nothing will done, if you don't have.

I want to know who is this user who is using Cryptocurrency for piracy whatever> **Report to authorities and go to Court and get court order *or wait to be properly investigated by Police.

**What they think **

They are using Cryptocurrency, and piracy is increasing > The fault is Cryptocurrency!!

They are using free tools or open source, and paid software are losing revenue > Is not open source or free tools that are doing happening, is piracy!!! The** fault is piracy!**

They are sharing content they bought or paid with Family, so sales are decreasing > The fault is piracy!!

Youtube are being used for hear free music with ads, paid CDs / Spotify or other are losing sales > The fault is Piracy

Never is because they use free tools, perhaps they share with family (if you have newspaper you can share with family right? do you think they will bought newspaper? Of course not!) Is completely legal share newspaper and I'm talking about paper in hands!

Cryptocurrency > Being controlled without court order and know who is behind what or this.

Hosting Providers > Being able to give all data information without any court order or warrant

Domain Registars > Reveal who is behind this domain and have access to whois privacy, without court order and know who is behind it.

File Hostings > The fault is always from owner, not from users who upload this, for this reason Rapidgator, megaupload and others had being pursue. Want to know who is uploading that or this file? Go to court.

Github > Tool that allow someone to create torrent website or other something > let's take it down, because will be used to make website with piracy, no one can create legal downloads websites! Even for educational purposes like ISO's of Linux!

Who is chased without guilt? File Hosters, Hosting Providers, Domain Registration, VPN, Cryptocurrency.

Megaupload always removed content of piracy, of course you can't remove it in seconds... but the owner as in fight for years. This is a good example

Excuses: But we will waste tons of money, but if we always go to court order it will take time to solve issues! This is piracy fault.

Real truth: Deal with it, we are humans. If others go to court and needs to wait properly to get their troubles solved, they also need to be. If you go to court, you need to wait to decision of court.

Final question: If they want to control (and believe me, they want seriously control), what is the job of Police Department? Cybercrime department? If this industries takes control of everything, there no sense.

@Maounique I agree with you, that's because projects like Piratebay, Njal.la, Wikileaks pisses them off, but the real question is, who will have courage to face them, like the piratebay, Peter Sunder Projects, and other projects related with Privacy?

And once again, you go out on some crazy rant that is totally unrelated to the question.

A tip: you cant just throw out some totally insane claim based on your perverted perception of reality and then just expect us to accept it, however far from the truth it is. Discussions does not work like that.

• Way too many essays in this thread.

Is WHOIS privacy getting scrapped or not?

If so, when does it come into effect?

• @rcy026 said:

@sandoz said:

@rcy026 said:

@sandoz said:

@rcy026 said:

What they should do:

**What they think **

And once again, you go out on some crazy rant that is totally unrelated to the question.

A tip: you cant just throw out some totally insane claim based on your perverted perception of reality and then just expect us to accept it, however far from the truth it is. Discussions does not work like that.

Looks like, my scenario is being confirmed gradually, still believe in good boys? They are shooting every corner they see, just read
    https://torrentfreak.com/popads-accuses-mpa-of-spreading-false-and-misleading-piracy-accusations-211030/

• looks EU wants to by-pass or excel China mainland to overtake the laurel of the first communist nation/region in the earth planet.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2021

@Sandoz,

where did you hear that AlphaVPS ignores DMCA? the provider has denied it, but I am sure your "hearing" needs to be validated too.

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3296451/#Comment_3296451

On that note- is ignoring DMCA the same as promoting or protecting privacy? can you enlighten ??

@hostnoob said:
    Way too many essays in this thread.

Is WHOIS privacy getting scrapped or not?

If so, when does it come into effect?

No, it is not getting scrapped, lot of bytes and bits over a proposed regulation. the key here is that OP is mixing torrenting, DMCA, privacy together. And using privacy as a cloak to keep protecting the shady stuff. Which makes for a very bad cocktail that will leave you with a terrible hangover.

Thanked by 1chihcherng
  • @sandoz said:

Looks like, my scenario is being confirmed gradually, still believe in good boys? They are shooting every corner they see, just read
    https://torrentfreak.com/popads-accuses-mpa-of-spreading-false-and-misleading-piracy-accusations-211030/

What are you talking about? There is nothing in that article that is even related to any of your rants.

• @rcy026 said:

@sandoz said:

What are you talking about? There is nothing in that article that is even related to any of your rants.

Is related to this
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/3295081/#Comment_3295081

I have explained those organizations are shooting every corner they want and they see. VPN, Advertising, File Hosting.

MPAA and RIAA and others are always trying to find an excuse, even if isn't their fault. They want sometime to give the fault when it is empty of excuses..

Its time to popads being a target...

• Whois privacy is already mandatory in eu since gdpr.

I didnt saw anything about it not being revoked.

What i saw, and i agree, is for a person buying a domain to have to provide real information, so that person can be responsabilized in case they use it for malicious intents.

For those people that think "i will purchase a domain ANONYMOUSLY at the registrar QWE.ASD and i can do everything i want i want without people finding who i am", well, not sure what world you live in, but 100% "privacy" in the internet does not exist nor ever will.

• vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2021

@vyas11 said:
    @Sandoz,

where did you hear that AlphaVPS ignores DMCA? the provider has denied it, but I am sure your "hearing" needs to be validated too.

On that note- is ignoring DMCA the same as promoting or protecting privacy? can you enlighten ??

@sandoz may I know who told you that alphavps ignores DMCA and allows warez?
    And
    why do champions of privacy care so much about anti dmca? one is about individual liberties, other is violating copyright law.Or are you implying both are same?

Thx

• @vyas11 said:

@vyas11 said:
    @Sandoz,

And
    why do champions of privacy care so much about anti dmca? one is about individual liberties, other is violating copyright law.Or are you implying both are same?

Thx

Simple to say, there are copyright trolls and aswell companys who sends fake DMCA, and some of that DMCA fake are enough to shutdown a website in some providers.

I think you are in the SIDE of these organizations, that is your problem, not mine.

I don't like empires of organizations that think they can control and shooting everywhere, even if there is nobody there.

Hopefully.

• afnafn Member

@Sandoz,

Simple to say, there are copyright trolls and aswell companys who sends fake DMCA, and some of that DMCA fake are enough to shutdown a website in some providers.

speaking of idiots and trolls

https://torrentfreak.com/anti-piracy-firm-asks-google-to-block-127-0-0-1-210808/

Thanked by 1jsg
  • vyas11vyas11 Member
    edited October 2021

@sandoz said:

@vyas11 said:

@vyas11 said:
    @Sandoz,

And

Thx

I think you are in the SIDE of these organizations, that is your problem, not mine.

I don't like empires of organizations that think they can control and shooting everywhere, even if there is nobody there.

Hopefully.

Very coy way of admission that you engage in and promote transmission, storage and distribution of copyrighted material. Under the garb of privacy.

I give two hoots about DMCA the law. YouTube or streaming channels flagging even licensed pieces of music as "copyright violation" frustrates us as much as the next guys. But
    I hold copyright violators in very poor esteem. Vermins and trolls exist in every industry or space, nit picking on the bizarre does not serve any purpose. At the same time, spreading rumours (provider X is DMCA friendly) is shady, unscrupulous rumour mongering, which makes such persons no difference than the trolls and vermin.

As a supporter, proponent of creative commons and co-founder of an independent content creation company, I believe not respecting the creators rights is not kosher at all. But I limit my opinion to my personal feelings on the matter.

Thanked by 1jsg
  • lifehost360_comlifehost360_com Member, Host Rep

let those stupids work on...
    as of now, there´s no logic available which checks the data entered into all the domain fields.

There´s one logic in use for de/at/ch/es-Domains: You need to use a local address. But not all NICs are checking the existance of an address. In Spain, you´ll get a snailmail-letter in order to keep registration. In Germany, Austria and Switzerland... nothing. Just register. If there´s any lawsuit against the registrant later, and it comes out the address is fake... domain got deleted. that´s it.