Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is BackBlaze Good for Storing cPanel Backups?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

is BackBlaze Good for Storing cPanel Backups?

Hello, i was searching in a cheap and good storage box I've checked Hetzner storage boxes they're cheap but i need a little bit more cheap.
I am running two servers both have cPanel and JetBackup Installed.
Is BackBalze Cloud Storage Good for Storing cPanel Backups ? I need for production uses

Comments

• skorupionskorupion Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2021

If ya need a little bit more cheap then buy some HDDs and download the backups to them.

Thanked by 2Tony40 nyamenk
  • I use Backblaze's S3-compatible service for storing DirectAdmin backups; don't see why it wouldn't work for cPanel backups. Cut my bill in half compared to using AWS! Decent support, too.

Thanked by 1coreflux
  • B2 is excellent as long as you are happy with their interconnect. Can't beat the speed of light.

• B2 works fine with cPanel backups. But if you want to download/restore them later you may incur data transfer charges. cheap was is to buy a VPS with 512MB RAM, 25gb disk, that comes with mostly 1TB+ bandwidth for about $15/yr. and just SFTP or Rsync the cP backup to it. restore them as much as you want!

• I'm using BackBlaze for all my cPanel servers as the primary backup mechanism. Works great. Cheaper than AWS S3 for my use case.

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

Rsync.net has been good and cheap for us. I think it’s about $60 for 1TB a year. We pay every 2 years.

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • Yes. There's native support for Backblaze B2 in WHM's backup settings.

Thanked by 1JasonM