Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Down?

Comments

• @dahartigan said: Hmm, this is interesting. My KS-7 in Canada, and my KS-3 in France have both half-lost the network. When I say half-lost, my active SSH sessions still work, but I can't ping the boxes and neither can they ping out.

I was literally looking at htop, with load climbing and climbing to 8 (on a 4 core), which caught my attention. Then the connection was lost...

• it's strange, all my servers at CA are down, but the server at FR is still online.

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

DR/Cluster/Backuo plans must be between earth and mars, You are laughing let me explain:

My customer main server (Canada) is down but don't worry DR plan will work smoothly and shift all main server data to backup server (Poland) But WTF backup server is also down.. Still don't worry we have 3 servers in cluster lets all services will work from 3rd server (Singapore)..

WTH singapore is also down...

My complete DR theory become failed.. :D :D

NASA, SpaceX needs your help for DC in MARS.. OmG

• Suite à une erreur humaine durant la reconfiguration du network sur notre DC à VH (US-EST), nous avons un souci sur la toute la backbone. Nous allons isoler le DC VH puis fixer la conf.

Following a human error during the reconfiguration of the network on our DC to VH (US-EST), we have a problem on the whole backbone. We are going to isolate the DC VH then fix the conf.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @OBHost said:
    DR/Cluster/Backuo plans must be between earth and mars, You are laughing let me explain:

My customer main server (Canada) is down but don't worry DR plan will work smoothly and shift all main server data to backup server (Poland) But WTF backup server is also down.. Still don't worry we have 3 servers in cluster lets all services will work from 3rd server (Singapore)..

Time to have DR on different providers :D

Thanked by 2vyas11 chedenaz
  • Woah complete network backbone down! :#

• human error

Oof

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • Poor guy
    This outage is 2 days before their IPO

• OBHostOBHost Member, Host Rep

@nanankcornering said:

@OBHost said:

Time to have DR on different providers :D

Well thats for fun, We have DR always on different providers but seriously its weird all down..

• OVH should suffer they stole my money

• It may be down, but as long as it hasn't gone up in smoke again it will be back.

• Seems like OVH is down worldwide

• OhJohnOhJohn Member
    edited October 2021

How do I love to use a mix of big and small providers all together. When a big shoulder is down, the small ones can show their strength. :smile:

• Update from Oles

Ces derniers jours, l’intensité des attaques DDoS a beaucoup augmenté. Nous avons décidé d’augmenter notre capacité de traitement de DDoS en ajoutant de nouvelles infrastructures dans notre DC VH (US-EST). Une mauvaise configuration du routeur a provoqué la panne du network.
    Translated from French:
    In recent days, the intensity of DDoS attacks has increased significantly. We have decided to increase our DDoS processing capacity by adding new infrastructures in our DC VH (US-EST). A bad configuration of the router caused the failure of the network.

• In recent days, the intensity of DDoS attacks has increased significantly. We have decided to increase our DDoS processing capacity by adding new infrastructures in our DC VH (US-EST). A bad configuration of the router caused the failure of the network.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • YKMYKM Member

Looks like its coming back

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

Finally, seems like it's coming back?

• Aaaand we are back.

Thanked by 1chedenaz
  • looks like its back

• yes, ovh is up again.

• All up for me now

• and its up, took them less time than facebook

• It is coming back
    From OVH: The router with the wrong D2 configuration has been cut.

• so everything is routed through US, even if the servers are in Singapore/EU datacenters?

• Just curious but is it worth contacting OVH support regarding SLA? Would something like this provide some sort of credit or anything to customers?

• @comXyz said:
    so everything is routed through US, even if the servers are in Singapore/EU datacenters?

No, its similar to what happened with Facebook, they fubar'd their BGP route table. BGP routing is global so depending on certain changes you can literally break networks in multiple places by announcing the wrong routes for your IPs. Someone likely fat fingered an update to the BGP table when putting in the new hardware they mentioned.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Thanked by 2comXyz vimalware
  • Smith42Smith42 Member
    edited October 2021

@analog said:
    Just curious but is it worth contacting OVH support regarding SLA? Would something like this provide some sort of credit or anything to customers?

Give it a few days, they'll offer it themselves during the post-mortem. First line phone support will just ask you to make a ticket where you'll get blown off.

• @Smith42 said: make a ticket where you'll get blown off

Accurate lol

I opened a ticket after 48 hours of my KS-1 not being delivered, and got an email back saying that the order is showing as processing and it will be ready when it's ready, more of less.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Impact to GRA was like 10 min.
    Impact to BHS easy 1 hour.