Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Control Panel/Solution to host 1 single 250GB Email Account?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best Control Panel/Solution to host 1 single 250GB Email Account?

Hi,

I need to backup multiple email accounts from one server, and for that I have 1 master IMAP login that allows me to backup to 1 single master IMAP account all the emails from all the emails accounts.

We are talking around 100 email accounts using around 250GB space, to be backup all into 1 single email account.

So, the backup email account must be able to support around 250GB space and more since the space will increase day by day.

My idea is to buy a VPS, install a control panel (Directadmin or Plesk for example). But I do not know if there will there be issues hosting such a large email account. So, can ayone give me any suggestion or advice on this?

What will be a good solution to host 1 single 250GB email box?

Thanks

Comments

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

Mail? MXRoute.

• nqservicesnqservices Member
    edited October 2021

@FAT32 said:
    Mail? MXRoute.

Thanks for the advice. Do not think is the ideal for this specific case, since the mailbox will be just for backup/receiving email. I will not send any emails from that account.

But it would be great if @jar can comment on this, since he knows how mail works! ;) Will a single 250GB email box break mxroute? :wink:

Thanked by 2FAT32 jar
  • bruh21bruh21 Member, Host Rep

slice+slab if youre not sending
    otherwise a lot of the ips have subpar deliverability

Thanked by 1maverickp
  • Yandex? No storage limit for emails

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nqservices said:

@FAT32 said:
    Mail? MXRoute.

Thanks for the advice. Do not think is the ideal for this specific case, since the mailbox will be just for backup/receiving email. I will not send any emails from that account.

But it would be great if @jar can comment on this, since he knows how mail works! ;) Will a single 250GB email box break mxroute? :wink:

Yeah my whole business plan breaks down at that much storage for an account. One day I'll have a working alternate strategy for higher storage that fits with my values.

Thanked by 1yoursunny
  • @jar said:
    Yeah my whole business plan breaks down at that much storage for an account. One day I'll have a working alternate strategy for higher storage that fits with my values.

I was just joking. ;) Now talking more serious, is the first time I will host 1 single 250GB email box. Do you think regular control panels like Directadmin, Plesk or the free Hestia, will have any issues hosting such a big email account?

Thanks

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@nqservices said:

@jar said:

I was just joking. ;) Now talking more serious, is the first time I will host 1 single 250GB email box. Do you think regular control panels like Directadmin, Plesk or the free Hestia, will have any issues hosting such a big email account?

Thanks

They won't but dovecot will have trouble loading an inbox that you can't even ls the directory of in a reasonable time frame. Maybe mdbox will have an advantage for that. Less inodes.

• SGrafSGraf Member, Patron Provider

@jar said:

@nqservices said:

@jar said:

Thanks

They won't but dovecot will have trouble loading an inbox that you can't even ls the directory of in a reasonable time frame. Maybe mdbox will have an advantage for that. Less inodes.

Depends on the way th mailbox is used. A local client is an architect. They regularly send mail with large attachments. It just stacks up fast.

The next consideration is also... Is this all in one directory or in a lot of folders,...

Thanked by 1jar