Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Someone please offer dedicated RESELLER plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Someone please offer dedicated RESELLER plan

Someone on LET needs to step up and offer a dedicated resource Reseller plan. @Francisco, @dustinc.

A dedicated Reseller would be everything a reseller account has to offer with dedicated resources. Getting my own VPS means buying all the extra licenses and worrying about all the admin headache. I don't have time to worry about admin headache, I just want sites hosted and running fast.

Charge the extra money, just provide the service. I think many LET customers would like that because they are being gouged by Mantis with constant price increase. We rather pay extra and get dedicated resources from you guys.

Comments

• admin headache

• If money is no matter, why not stick with @HostMantis and accept the price increase? Their service is still very good.

• LeeLee Veteran

@webcraft said: If money is no matter, why not stick with @HostMantis and accept the price increase? Their service is still very good.

It's not just the price increase though, they significantly cut resources on the plans also.

• @Lee said:

@webcraft said: If money is no matter, why not stick with @HostMantis and accept the price increase? Their service is still very good.

It's not just the price increase though, they significantly cut resources on the plans also.

Yes, I forgot this because the resources are still enough for my needs but I don't think you're getting much more resources all together at other hosts (getting more cores at worse speed doesn't benefit php apps, does it?).

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2021

@webcraft said: Yes, I forgot this because the resources are still enough for my needs but I don't think you're getting much more resources all together at other hosts (getting more cores at worse speed doesn't benefit php apps, does it?).

Not really about total resource. Hostmantis offered each account x CPU and x Ram, they switched that to x CPU and x Ram to be shared between all accounts. That is a significant difference. I mean you could have 10 accounts and 1 could suck all the resources.

Most other providers still offer per account resources.

• @Lee said:

@webcraft said: Yes, I forgot this because the resources are still enough for my needs but I don't think you're getting much more resources all together at other hosts (getting more cores at worse speed doesn't benefit php apps, does it?).

Not really about total resource. Hostmantis offered each account x CPU and x Ram, they switched that to x CPU and x Ram to be shared between all accounts. That is a significant difference. I mean you could have 10 accounts and 1 could suck all the resources.

Most other providers still offer per account resources.

I think I didn't understand their message correctly. I thought these resources can be distributed between all resellers subaccounts so you can limit each account from not taking all resources. I understood it more as a pool where you can grab resources to allocate to each account separately but not that it's shared all time.. if accounts can go over their limit and suck other accounts resources this is bad indeed.

• DataIdeas-JoshDataIdeas-Josh Member, Patron Provider

They got out of it due to the admin headache.
    If you want it fast then run it yourself.
    As the saying goes. "if you want it done right do it yourself"

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2021

You need a holiday first,
    Then maybe a reseller account.

Also, if money is not a problem then a VPS is still the best option as you will get more control than a reseller hosting account.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2021

@webcraft said: I think I didn't understand their message correctly. I thought these resources can be distributed between all resellers subaccounts so you can limit each account from not taking all resources. I understood it more as a pool where you can grab resources to allocate to each account separately but not that it's shared all time.. if accounts can go over their limit and suck other accounts resources this is bad indeed.

You are correct, you can use CL to manage resources allocated to each account, but you are still limited to the allocated resources. Of course, if your site is not that active/do not require any real resources then you may still be fine.

For me, the reseller stuttered quickly as I have quite active sites. Trying to split the available resource would have left them all without enough. The solution, if I was to stay with HM, would be to upgrade, lol, no.

I moved to Brixly for all of the UK sites, they do 2CPU and 2GB Ram per account. And all back to normal.

Thanked by 2webcraft verd
  • Brixly has pretty high resource limits: https://brixly.uk/cpanel-reseller-hosting/
    Good alternative to Hostmantis ;)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

I generally don't have an issue with a company raising prices.

I mean, you have choices. If you don't like their new prices, you ditch them. So, I don't have any issues with CPanel raising prices and whatnot.

But I dislike it strongly when a company doesn't honor existing plans or at least give a god damned grace period. That's a pussy-move and cripples existing customers very likely.

And that's what HostMentos has done here.

Fuck'em.

Thanked by 2webcraft Egyarmy
  • MechanicWebMechanicWeb Member, Patron Provider

@mansoor said: Charge the extra money, just provide the service.

Offering a reseller hosting with dedicated resources for subaccounts will hike the price by multiple times and probably would become close to a dedicated server, as you would basically be having semi dedicated accounts for subaccounts.

We do offer such custom plans. You are welcome to contact us via our website if you are interested.

Better would be to get semi dedicated accounts only for the accounts that need more resources and stick to a standard reseller plan for the rest of the sites.

• If you don't want the admin headache you use shared hosting or hire an admin.

• @webcraft said:
    If money is no matter, why not stick with @HostMantis and accept the price increase? Their service is still very good.

So far so good, but they seem to have a plan to increase price every year. Rather be paying the same and be with a predictable host then one who is very much interesting in price gouging.

• @Lee said: Brixly

Are there any scheduled remote backup feature other than Jetbackup at Brixly?

• @mansoor said: A dedicated Reseller would be everything a reseller account has to offer with dedicated resources.

the idea seems nice, but it will come for a huge price like renting a VDS or Hybrid Dedicated Server, where CPU / RAM is dedicated and rest machine is shared with other tenants. It will be as costly as managed VPS and addition of cPanel, cloudlinx, litspeed, etc. licenses.

Other way is increasing the CPU / RAM guaranteed resources from 1CPU/1GB RAM to 2 CPU and 3GB RAM as many hosts do now a days. For this the node should be a quite fat server like Ryzen 9 12/24 cores, 100+ GBs of RAM, etc. to accommodate that many of resellers' and their subaccounts. This could be sold for similar pricing like regular shared/reseller hosting as it will have node-licenses and not individual one like VDS.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Coffee said: Are there any scheduled remote backup feature other than Jetbackup at Brixly?

No, that is a downside.

• @mansoor said:
    Someone on LET needs to step up and offer a dedicated resource Reseller plan. @Francisco, @dustinc.

A dedicated Reseller would be everything a reseller account has to offer with dedicated resources. Getting my own VPS means buying all the extra licenses and worrying about all the admin headache. I don't have time to worry about admin headache, I just want sites hosted and running fast.

Charge the extra money, just provide the service. I think many LET customers would like that because they are being gouged by Mantis with constant price increase. We rather pay extra and get dedicated resources from you guys.

They call it a managed VPS.

• VMRaftVMRaft Member, Host Rep

On 18th Oct 2021, we will launch a minute-billed cloud service, you can just pay-as-you-consume for RAM / CPU frequency / storage size / network traffic. So all the resources are charged based on your real usage, you will never pay for shared cores with others:
    4z5GqO.png
    4z5sL8.png

• @mansoor said:
    Someone on LET needs to step up and offer a dedicated resource Reseller plan.

Such things already exist, search for managed dedicated servers or managed VPS.

It'll be more expensive of course, you are paying for both the server and the admin time, and you need to find a company that can properly support the software stack you use (and by properly support, I don't just mean “claim to support”, hunt out reviews as anyone can claim to be able to support something but are actually relying on Google and Stack Overflow instead of knowing anything!).

Alternately there are server management services that can be contracted to support servers you run elsewhere, but I expect that will be more expensive still.

I doubt offering managed services is worth it to true low-end providers. A few calls for management work could take more than enough time to eat through what little profit they make on your account. It would be difficult to offer a good service while remaining profitable.