Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MailServers - anyone with experience with Windows Live Domains?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MailServers - anyone with experience with Windows Live Domains?

StellaEVStellaEV Member
edited November 2013 in General

After having the VPS housing my mailserver become read-only due to a RAID issue, and have to go through a rebuild (though no fault to the provider), I am thinking of moving things off to Windows Live Domains, where they would host our email instead.

Has anyone tried them?
Any pitfalls/things I should watch for?

I am mainly looking to see if it supports custom filters based on subject, sender, and header info along with spam recognition

P.S. : Weirdly enough, I have noticed that unlike google apps, they only have one MX server per domain

Comments

• I've been using it for about a month. Works great. Can't speak to your custom filters requirement however.

• SantiagoSantiago Member
    edited November 2013

I used Windows live domains for a year without problems but I had to move to Google apps because of the continuous down-times (starting from September)

Only a few users were affected, I was unlucky. There are a lot of good reviews out there.

@StellaEV said:
    I am mainly looking to see if it supports custom filters based on subject, sender, and header info along with spam recognition

Yes, they do have all those filters

• Just use Google Apps, it's still free.

• StellaEVStellaEV Member
    edited November 2013

@Jeffrey said:
    Just use Google Apps, it's still free.

You can't add more than 10 users.

• You can if you get a domain with more licenses. I have a few.

• joelgm said: You can if you get a domain with more licenses. I have a few.

Don't have one of those domains - only have one with 10 users :|

• Windows live is fine if you don't mind using outlook.com, apart from that I've never seen downtime on my end.