Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nginx is 100x faster than Litespeed for WordPress - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Nginx is 100x faster than Litespeed for WordPress

2»

Comments

• Nginx is 100x faster than Litespeed for WordPress

overdose of weed?

• qerdanqerdan Member
    edited September 2021

@desperand @giang

你的魔法在这里不起作用 小女巫

每个人都知道 Nginx 比共产主义 Litespeed 快 1000000 倍

告诉习叔叔我们在找他

• BoogeymanBoogeyman Member
    edited September 2021

What happened anyway? BTW if I had that chart skill of yours I probably would be millionaire by now. Are you SEO/Affiliate marketer? :D

Thanked by 1qerdan
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@qerdan said: Nginx is for freedom fighters in Europe and America and around the world

Litespeed is Chinese businessmen who [maybe] want to create monopoly with cPanel team?

choose now who you support

This should be a T-shirt.

@qerdan said: sir this is the official benchmark

This should be a meme.

@qerdan said: use Nginx for your money site

This should be a marketing tagline.

Thanked by 2qerdan Daniel15
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@qerdan

Sir, could you please do your excellent benchmark on a super-cluster of 4 Arduinos and tell us about the results.

Thanked by 1qerdan
  • @jsg said:
    @qerdan

Sir, could you please do your excellent benchmark on a super-cluster of 4 Arduinos and tell us about the results.

sir you will not believe results after installing Nginx to Arduinos super cluster, it stood up shouting "freedom" with the Scottish accent 100x and then .....

of course I did compare with Litespeed so I installed #2 Ardu cluster (must pay for Litespeed premium license first) but he is just said "Nginx sucks" and urm....

Thanked by 1jsg
  • @qerdan, you're a funny guy

Thanked by 1qerdan
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@yoursunny is going to be stopping by in a bit to talk to you about Caddy. I'd get some graphs ready if I were you.

Thanked by 2qerdan yoursunny
  • @raindog308 said:
    @yoursunny is going to be stopping by in a bit to talk to you about Caddy. I'd get some graphs ready if I were you.

I am bit worried about him why he didn't drop by yet.

• @Boogeyman said:

@raindog308 said:

I am bit worried about him why he didn't drop by yet.

The dude @yoursunny abides.

• Daniel15Daniel15 Veteran
    edited September 2021

@Neoon said:

brb, cashing out my 401k to go all-in on KVM. #stonks

@AXYZE said: .NET Core right? Awesome performance, I'm using this too. There's still some better performance ones built with Go, Rust or C++

If you look at raw web server power (that is, how fast the web server can send bytes back to the user), .NET Core's Kestrel server is pretty much the fastest: https://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r20&hw=ph&test=plaintext . For some of the other benchmarks there's Rust servers that are faster, but the learning curve of Rust is quite a bit higher than C#.

@desperand said: I did fast and weird bench.
    1.) same VPS in same DC, same unixbench, same ram, same CPU, same everything, but 2 different VPS working at the same time.
    2.) I've made 1 WP with generated content, images, posts, comments, trash files, ~20 plugins, and so on.

Did you use a full-page caching plugin like WP Super Cache, and properly configure Nginx to serve the cached pages? Here's an example Nginx config for you: https://gist.github.com/Daniel15/c6dce3639f85749e2f5de013d4019d6b. Without that, it's not really a realistic test, since any real WordPress installation should have caching.

@desperand said: I have just 1 question: WTF happened to LEMP in last 5 years?

Honestly, for the "P" part, people are dropping PHP in favour of strongly-typed languages like Go and C#. Laravel is a really good framework, Psalm improves PHP code quite a bit by introducing static type checking, and PHP is great for smaller sites, but it still has a bunch of issues. The popularity of PHP is primarily driven by WordPress...

For regular websites, the trend now is to use static site generation, either through something like Gatsby or Hugo, or through a static site generator for WordPress (so you still edit the site in WordPress, but it generates static HTML files, and your site visitors never run any PHP code).

@giang said: rotli compression out of the box

You should be pre-compressing your assets using Brotli as part of your build process - in that case the web server doesn't really need to know about Brotli as it'll just serve the pre-compressed version.

Thanked by 2qerdan ariq01
  • @Daniel15 said: Did you use a full-page caching plugin like WP Super Cache, and properly configure Nginx to serve the cached pages? Here's an example Nginx config for you: https://gist.github.com/Daniel15/c6dce3639f85749e2f5de013d4019d6b. Without that, it's not really a realistic test, since any real WordPress installation should have caching.

well sir maybe you forgot that Litespeed guys will always disable Nginx cache during benchmark so they can say "ahaa!! Nginx is slow, etag, hurm TTFB Litespeedz!!!!!"

esp. they hate to enable FastCGI cache, the true lord king of caches (skip all PHP process)

@Daniel15 said: Honestly, for the "P" part, people are dropping PHP in favour of other languages like Go and C#. Laravel is a really good framework, and PHP is great for smaller sites, but it still has a bunch of issues. The popularity of PHP is primarily driven by WordPress...

yes its true and mostly every CMS is not growing but WordPress is always growing

mostly every site is now WordPress/PHP, not-PHP like Go/etc, or static HTML

or using shit builders like Wix, Shopify, Square Spaces cuz they want to be a b*tch for some 19 years old employee in Cali who control source code and content policies

• Nginx and PHP
    • Nginx and Golang
    • Nginx and Python
    • Nginx and NET/ASP core
    • Nginx and static builder like Jekyll/Hugo et et et et

...............all of more things that Litespeed cannot handle for you guys, come'on be a #winner

• https://makeitwork.press/litespeed-vs-nginx-benchmark-wordpress/

the gap is no so big. Aslo litespeed seamless integrate with apache htaccess which is huge advantage.

• I prefer Caddy, so I'd appreciate any information on that as well.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2023

@tbswork said:
    https://makeitwork.press/litespeed-vs-nginx-benchmark-wordpress/

the gap is no so big. Aslo litespeed seamless integrate with apache htaccess which is huge advantage.

• @qerdan said:

@Talistech said:
    Cool. I like the detailed benchmarks! Where can we buy nginx licenses?

Nginx is 100% free sir, welcome to winners club

unlike Litespeed the free version is actually stable and no premium license is required

during past 10 years Nginx never had any breaking changes either!!

1.25 (or 1.26 will have a major one where all config needs to be update)

• Web server: Nginx

Load balancer: Haproxy

Me: Happy

• This is Best Benchmark Flowchart of the year. LET Team Should award this guy for such flowchart image.

• I agree with this viewpoint to some extent, but the actual situation depends on different factors.