Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SURVEY - Indianapolis VPS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SURVEY - Indianapolis VPS?

Shane_ElmoreShane_Elmore Member
edited March 2012 in Providers

I was thinking about my options as a VPS host, and was thinking about checking in to Indianapolis co-location, since I live in Indianapolis. Would you guys use a VPS in the Circle City? The colocation center I am thinking about using has 15 carriers, some of the big ones including AT&T, Cogent, Level3, TW Telecom, etc.

Personally I would like to do this since I wouldn't have to ship my servers to another city. I could just drive there and put it in or however they want to install it.

Comments

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I'd have to test out the network, as long as it's a nice stable network with good routing/speeds I'd be happy.

• No offense, but i personally wouldn't buy a VPS from a 16 years old

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I know I'm 14 but personally I don't know how you would be able to sustain it with the limitations of being 16, not much backup money, no legal support etc..

• gsxgsx Member

I would have to agree. Your a minor. Legally you can't enter any contracts.

• I would buy from a 14 year old but not a 16 year old.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • I only buy from people 65+.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I would buy from anyone if it is 1 $, just for the fun and for giving it to another 14/16 yo to learn stuff.
    M

• @gsrdgrdghd said: i personally wouldn't buy a VPS from a 16 years old

Couldn't agree more. An In-experienced host is a big flaw, esp. if you have important data on the line.

• @gsrdgrdghd said: No offense, but i personally wouldn't buy a VPS from a 16 years old

This.

• Thread un-derail: gogogogogogo!

I'd buy a VPS in Indianapolis.

• JacobJacob Member

There is nothing wrong with ordering a product from anyone of any age(within reason) and aslong as they know what they are doing then, Why not?...

Even if they dont know what they are doing, what is 1-2$ ? I had a lot of fun with ppl here and costed me a dime for every laughter if not less, in average.
    Then why not ?
    M

• lumaluma Member

Some of the best CEO's in the world and richest people in the world today started small businesses and started working at a young age and provided top notch service. Have to start somewhere! As long as the product is good and delivered properly and that the person does not just give up and close up shop because the going gets a bit difficult.

Yep, I would feel proud and embarassed at the same time if I were one of the first customers of Microsoft. I dont like to feed big corporations, but also like to know that my dollar was the starting point of a billion today. It puts things in perspective sometimes.
    M

• I'd feel old if I were one of the first customers of Microsoft.

I feel old since i was 12, it doesnt have much in common with real age.
    M

• laaevlaaev Member

I would buy one if I had a need for it. I have never seen anyone offering VPS out of Indiana.

Good luck.

Best,
    Kevin

• What other providers offer a VPS in Indianapolis?

• I don't see any harm in it, find a good DC around the area and tour it, make sure things look good before you do anything and decide from there.

• Mon5t3rMon5t3r Member
    edited March 2012

i would give a chance for all people no matter how old (s)he is.

ps: i'm not using facebook not because he was only 20 years old when he launched it.

• FLVPSFLVPS Member

@DepotVPS_Shane said: I was thinking about my options as a VPS host, and was thinking about checking in to Indianapolis co-location, since I live in Indianapolis. Would you guys use a VPS in the Circle City? The colocation center I am thinking about using has 15 carriers, some of the big ones including AT&T, Cogent, Level3, TW Telecom, etc.

A lot of Chicago area and central US (Kansas City, MO / Dallas / etc) would have you beat a little bit.. unless you had some money saved up to market / advertise to your local area market then you run into the issue with your age. You may think people are looking down on you but we've seen a lot of the examples that people post where it's a cool idea but when something happens like with school or going to college, due to the inexperience, they just walk away.

Not saying you would do it, but statistically, thats how it's been done.

• AsuraHostingAsuraHosting Member
    edited March 2012

@Mon5t3r said: ps: i'm not using facebook not because he was only 20 years old when he launched it.

This makes no sense. And yeah, I wouldn't have trusted Facebook the time it opened because it was still new and owned by an immature 20-year old.

Source: http://articles.businessinsider.com/2010-05-13/tech/30034517_1_instant-personalization-privacy-flap-privacy-policy

Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard

Zuck: Just ask.
    Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS

Derp.