Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtualizor :: Is it a Good Product or Nightmare ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtualizor :: Is it a Good Product or Nightmare ?

2»

Comments

• nobody prefers proxcp?

• @dahartigan said:

@Pixels said:
    Boomer.host Virtualizor is a nightmare.

That's because it's severely misconfigured as a direct result of his deficit of general knowledge of computers and Linux.

Boomer.host - The name should have been enough to keep any individual with more than a double digit IQ away. :neutral:

• @K4Y5 said:

@dahartigan said:

@Pixels said:

That's because it's severely misconfigured as a direct result of his deficit of general knowledge of computers and Linux.

Boomer.host - The name should have been enough to keep any individual with more than a double digit IQ away. :neutral:

It's a hell of a shitshow, and apparently 700 low IQ folks have tickets.

• We have been using it for the past 2 years without any major issues. Configure and testing took some time the way we wanted.

Overall it's Ok.

• @cybertech said:
    nobody prefers proxcp?

Proxmox master race

Thanked by 1Pixels
  • K4Y5K4Y5 Member
    edited September 2021

@dahartigan said:

@K4Y5 said:

@dahartigan said:

@Pixels said:

It's a hell of a shitshow, and apparently 700 low IQ folks have tickets.

Oh well.. I had a feeling that it was doomed from the moment I first read that name on an offer thread.

It felt more like a hobby project of a clueless pre-teen with daddy's credit card, pretending to do something cool with BIG computers / servers, than a legit operation run by someone with half a clue. Not to say that people don't make mistakes. But, c'mon! BOOMER HOST? Really?

Back On topic: I had used Virtualizor on and off over the last 3 years to set up VMs quickly on a dev environment, but have primarily stuck with proxmox for anything serious. Their auto-upgrade broke more things than it fixed at times. At-least with proxmox WYSIWYG.

Thanked by 2dahartigan yoursunny
  • Good enough. Much better then SolusVM. Ticket support is sometimes slow.

• ArkasArkas Moderator

It's not a nightmare, but it also sure as hell isn't a dream.

• @K4Y5 said:

@dahartigan said:

@Pixels said:

I guess I like gambling.