Docker: Subscription Service Agreement
I just got this email from Docker:
You’re receiving this email because we’re updating the terms applicable to the Docker products or services you use.
What you need to know:
- All of Docker’s products and services are now covered by a new set of terms - the Docker Subscription Service Agreement.
- Docker subscriptions now encompass four tiers of service: Personal, Pro, Team, and Business (a new tier of service). Each tier includes Docker Desktop.
- The existing Docker Free subscription has been renamed Docker Personal. Docker Desktop remains free for personal use, education, non-commercial open source projects, and small businesses (fewer than 250 employees AND less than $10M USD in annual revenue).
- Commercial use of Docker Desktop in larger enterprises (more than 250 employees OR more than $10 million USD in annual revenue) requires a Docker Pro, Team or Business subscription for as little as $5 per user per month.
- Docker Business is a new offering for organizations using Docker at scale for application development and requiring additional features like centralized management and secure software supply chain capabilities.
The new terms take effect on August 31, 2021 with a grace period until January 31, 2022 for those that will require a paid subscription to continue using Docker Desktop. By continuing to use Docker, you are agreeing to the new Docker Subscription Service Agreement.
Please make sure to read the updates to the Docker Subscription Service Agreement. For more information about these changes please visit our FAQ, attend our upcoming webinar, and see our recent blog post.