Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: Would you get extra DDoS Protection for couple USD/mo? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Poll: Would you get extra DDoS Protection for couple USD/mo?

2»

Comments

• GhtGht Member

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:
    If the server costs $20/m the protection should cost $200/m

Not in this day and age.

So you can find me a server $20 that has Full DDoS Protection ? Bruh stop it , just grow up i said this is a costly sport , and no one here can handle to pay for Protection :)

Yes. There are too many to count.

OVH servers can be easily ddosed today , who are others let me know !

• AXYZEAXYZE Member
    edited October 2021

@Ght said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

Not in this day and age.

So you can find me a server $20 that has Full DDoS Protection ? Bruh stop it , just grow up i said this is a costly sport , and no one here can handle to pay for Protection :)

BuyVM, ReliableSite when they have sale (you can get Atom dedi for around $20), PHP-Friends, netcup (slow to react. fine for websites, bad for games)

I heard a lot of good things about PHP-Friends. I even saw here on LET that they modified rules / made custom rules just for one customer. I will have production site hosted on their VPS in couple of weeks

• GhtGht Member

@AXYZE said:

@Ght said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

Not in this day and age.

BuyVM, ReliableSite when they have sale (you can get Atom dedi for around $20), PHP-Friends, netcup (slow to react. fine for websites, bad for games)

Well the most efficient DDoS Protection novadays is from OVH , and all these providers can suggest you to go with OVH , but in this case they are not DDoS Protected in all Layers. Thats the reason im telling you the DDoS Costs and if you want to Protect your whole server into all layers you must pay.

• Pay extra money too beaucoup

• @Ght said:

@AXYZE said:

@Ght said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

Not in this day and age.

Well the most efficient DDoS Protection novadays is from OVH , and all these providers can suggest you to go with OVH , but in this case they are not DDoS Protected in all Layers. Thats the reason im telling you the DDoS Costs and if you want to Protect your whole server into all layers you must pay.

I know what you mean, but providers I mentioned offer also Layer 7 protection and work fine with game servers etc. maybe only netcup does not - I just didnt test it with anything other than normal web server.

• @Ght said:

Depends entirely on application. Some applications are easier to protect than others.

BuyVM is one of the best providers listed in this same thread even. They use Path Network's DDoS protection which the argument can be made has the best DDoS protection in the industry right now. A fully stateful mitigation system with a dozen or so application specific filters with more constantly being developed.

Voxility is another good example depending on what your application is. They have a large capacity and are a good option for a TCP application or a few specific UDP applications. They personally don't work well for me as my application is heavily UDP based.

Zare, another good provider with a reasonable protection capacity based on Corero. Good filters that activate quickly. Best used on a 10Gbps server.

G-Portal via Unesty. Around 200Gbps of advertised capacity (though I've seen them easily handle attacks double that size).

I could do this all day.

• @Courvix said:

@Ght said:

Depends entirely on application. Some applications are easier to protect than others.

BuyVM is one of the best providers listed in this same thread even. They use Path Network's DDoS protection which the argument can be made has the best DDoS protection in the industry right now. A fully stateful mitigation system with a dozen or so application specific filters with more constantly being developed.

Voxility is another good example depending on what your application is. They have a large capacity and are a good option for a TCP application or a few specific UDP applications. They personally don't work well for me as my application is heavily UDP based.

Zare, another good provider with a reasonable protection capacity based on Corero. Good filters that activate quickly. Best used on a 10Gbps server.

G-Portal via Unesty. Around 200Gbps of advertised capacity (though I've seen them easily handle attacks double that size).

I could do this all day.

Wow I hear first time about Unesty, did you use them? They seem to have very good prices

• Its good if have ddos protection even lowest one for free and have upgrade package on it if needed.

• lifehost360_comlifehost360_com Member, Host Rep

why paying extra for a part of infrastructure which any provider has to have by default?

In my opinion, DDoS protection is a mandatory part of infrastructure.

• I look at DDoS protection like anti-psychopath insurance.

• @dahartigan said:
    I look at DDoS protection like anti-psychopath insurance.

MjjGuard®

Sounds professional tho xD

Thanked by 2dahartigan bulbasaur
  • @Courvix said:

@Ght said:

I could do this all day.

Don’t even consider Unesty. They’ll null route you after 20Gbit. Stay away if you need reliable ddos protection.

• @Venix said:

@Courvix said:

@Ght said:

I could do this all day.

Don’t even consider Unesty. They’ll null route you after 20Gbit. Stay away if you need reliable ddos protection.

Their Frankfurt location is based on G-Portal which will tank large floods for you. It also has some of the best filters for UDP floods that I've personally seen.

Their other locations aren't good, though.