Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pulsed Media Seedbox Auctions Are Back! 1TB and 6TB 1Gbps RAID0 Options Available NOW! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pulsed Media Seedbox Auctions Are Back! 1TB and 6TB 1Gbps RAID0 Options Available NOW!

Comments

• Properly weird. Nothing like confusing potential customers to stop them from buying your shit.

• @ps20090 said:

@Nekki said: How the fuck do these ‘auctions’ work? Prices just go up randomly?

Like it decreases price slowly and when someone buy one, the price goes up. So like if no one buys for long time it will go down, but there is like baseline set, and other variables like how much drop in price per time not ordered (noone bought that auction seedbox), Pulsed keep changes the variables.

I feel nuts. What will happen when people starts cancel the services? It will makes the price down too.. ???

• @ps20090 said:

Like it decreases price slowly and when someone buy one, the price goes up. So like if no one buys for long time it will go down, but there is like baseline set, and other variables like how much drop in price per time not ordered (noone bought that auction seedbox), Pulsed keep changes the variables.

Sounds like a Dutch auction, like Hetzner use for their server auctions.

• @Detruire said:

@ps20090 said:

Sounds like a Dutch auction, like Hetzner use for their server auctions.

Hetzner’s system is easy to understand - the price drops until the servers are sold, and the time until the next drop are displayed on screen - simple.

• PulsedMediaPulsedMedia Member, Patron Provider

Variation of the Dutch auction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_auction

Very simple; Time goes by without any services sold price drops, service is bought price goes up.
    There's nothing else to it early.

Since there is more than 1 to be sold, the price does not reset to starting price but only jumps a little bit.

• @PulsedMedia said: Very simple; Time goes by without any services sold price drops, service is bought price goes up.

Mhm wonder why price is going up then whilst "Available" No. stays the same :*

Just feels a bit odd, definitely prefer the fixed price discount codes like last time

Available number max is 30, it will not show more available than that.

Also we could've added an server, or someone may have cancelled one or so. There is tons of reasons why the number could go up instead of down. Today we added some capacity.

• @PulsedMedia shouldn't traffic included with 6tb plan be unlimited? 4tb plan has 20tb bandwidth , while 6tb only 6tb bandwidth?

• @codelock said:
    @PulsedMedia shouldn't traffic included with 6tb plan be unlimited? 4tb plan has 20tb bandwidth , while 6tb only 6tb bandwidth?

Are you sure you're comparing like with like or are you comparing an M1000 with a V1000?

Thanked by 1PulsedMedia
  • @skorous said:

@codelock said:
    @PulsedMedia shouldn't traffic included with 6tb plan be unlimited? 4tb plan has 20tb bandwidth , while 6tb only 6tb bandwidth?

Are you sure you're comparing like with like or are you comparing an M1000 with a V1000?

But still why the more expensive has less bandwidth

You can see the 4tb listed in auction has same specs as one listed here https://pulsedmedia.com/value1000-seedbox.php
    Different name just for marketing BS?

• nordmannnordmann Member
    edited October 2021

right, seems the 6tb offer has been reduced for auction
    Although it says :/

Regular service, just auction pricing!

Last time V1000 M with 6tb was offered here for 6,99€ it was same specs as regular offer with "Unlimited* External Traffic"
    60tb to 6tb is a pretty hard cut...

*edit: maybe just a zero has been forgotten when setting up the auction V1k M product limits? o:)

Cheers

edited October 2021

@codelock said:

different series too. 6TB nor 20TB is unlimited.
    All have "Unlimited"/"Unmetered"/"Guaranteed" (whatever you want to call it, marketing crapola term changes for this) 100Mbps these days tho, you get to that traffic limit you will still have 100Mbps external speed, and no limiting on internal. Only external is limited to 100Mbps.

@codelock said: You can see the 4tb listed in auction has same specs as one listed here https://pulsedmedia.com/value1000-seedbox.php

Completely different series, read the text.
    V1000 == RAID0
    M1000 == RAID5

The pricing is based on how people value it, not by us. It is an reverse dutch auction, hence if people by 6TB more it will cost more than the 4TB and so forth.

@nordmann said: right, seems the 6tb offer has been reduced for auction

Last time V1000 M with 6tb was offered here for 6,99€ it was same specs as regular offer with "Unlimited* External Traffic"

Nope they are completely different specced services. As the name says, V1000 Auction 6TB. That is not the same service as V1000 M.
    It is same series, but different plan with lower traffic limit.

• @PulsedMedia why there are no one reply the ticket ? open ticket for a week
    LOL

• Same goes with me, there is no reply for open ticket.

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited October 2021

@PulsedMedia said:

@codelock said:

different series too. 6TB nor 20TB is unlimited.
    All have "Unlimited"/"Unmetered"/"Guaranteed" (whatever you want to call it, marketing crapola term changes for this) 100Mbps these days tho, you get to that traffic limit you will still have 100Mbps external speed, and no limiting on internal. Only external is limited to 100Mbps.

@codelock said: You can see the 4tb listed in auction has same specs as one listed here https://pulsedmedia.com/value1000-seedbox.php

Completely different series, read the text.
    V1000 == RAID0
    M1000 == RAID5

The pricing is based on how people value it, not by us. It is an reverse dutch auction, hence if people by 6TB more it will cost more than the 4TB and so forth.

@nordmann said: right, seems the 6tb offer has been reduced for auction

Nope they are completely different specced services. As the name says, V1000 Auction 6TB. That is not the same service as V1000 M.
    It is same series, but different plan with lower traffic limit.

Sorry I didn't know they were actually different products,

Sorry if your ticket replies are delayed. Afaik there is no pending old tickets at this very moment, if there is, ping that ticket. That highlights the ticket as there is new reply so it will be noticed easier.

We are hiring additional staff, and found a person who is interested with previous customer care experience. He will start within a few weeks. Tho it always takes time for people to get up to speed.

There's also a lot of things happening in the backend right now, huge amounts of paperwork to do and big changes for future growth. We are maturing as a company so to speak.

Intent is to keep hiring, especially for customer care & documentation work and put more emphasis on that plus guides. But also looking for other positions, sadly mostly part time positions since it's very very hard to find a person with wide enough skillset for full time position. If you are decent coder with experience on servers we'd need someone to maintain our seedbox software stack btw ;)

ALL THAT PLUS we just received a bigger server shipment :D Several racks worth of new servers need to be brought online ASAP :) Sadly my time has been tied up with damn bureaucracy so not even nearly ready for production yet as some backend infrastructure work needs to be completed first (networking, installing new racks etc.!)

• @PulsedMedia said:
    Sorry if your ticket replies are delayed. Afaik there is no pending old tickets at this very moment, if there is, ping that ticket. That highlights the ticket as there is new reply so it will be noticed easier.

We are hiring additional staff, and found a person who is interested with previous customer care experience. He will start within a few weeks. Tho it always takes time for people to get up to speed.

There's also a lot of things happening in the backend right now, huge amounts of paperwork to do and big changes for future growth. We are maturing as a company so to speak.

Intent is to keep hiring, especially for customer care & documentation work and put more emphasis on that plus guides. But also looking for other positions, sadly mostly part time positions since it's very very hard to find a person with wide enough skillset for full time position. If you are decent coder with experience on servers we'd need someone to maintain our seedbox software stack btw ;)

ALL THAT PLUS we just received a bigger server shipment :D Several racks worth of new servers need to be brought online ASAP :) Sadly my time has been tied up with damn bureaucracy so not even nearly ready for production yet as some backend infrastructure work needs to be completed first (networking, installing new racks etc.!)

Can you point to a working link to get for setting up sonnar as this link doesn't work https://blog.pulsedmedia.com/2015/03/setup-sonarr-nzbdrone-on-seedbox/

@codelock said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Can you point to a working link to get for setting up sonnar as this link doesn't work https://blog.pulsedmedia.com/2015/03/setup-sonarr-nzbdrone-on-seedbox/

oops gotta fix those let's encrypt shenanigans for that server.
    link works but damn Let's Encrypt constantly breaks something so this had slipped.

Looking into it now

• @PulsedMedia said:

I think then your ticket system is faulty.

@Merlincool said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Make sure your ticket is open. We don't look for closed or answered tickets etc. which can be viewed from our perspective as handled.
    As i posted that, there was no older active tickets left to be processed.

Further, if making a ticket via e-mail make sure you get the autoresponse of ticket being opened. This is the most common place where things fail.

You can view all your tickets by logging into billing, there's a page which shows your tickets.

We use WHMCS ticketing as-is provided by WHMCS. So if you think their ticketing is buggy, please submit detailed information so we can forward that to WHMCS. Thousands of providers will have the same issue, so if you notice a bug it's a service to a lot of people if you report it.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Merlincool said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Make sure your ticket is open. We don't look for closed or answered tickets etc. which can be viewed from our perspective as handled.

Okay that looks like user cannot have further interaction with support team on same discussion, is it just one reply from you and ticket is as good as solved or closed even though user likes to discuss it further? Sorry this sounds confusing, can you answer my this question?

• @PulsedMedia said:

@Merlincool said:

@PulsedMedia said:

Further, if making a ticket via e-mail make sure you get the autoresponse of ticket being opened. This is the most common place where things fail.

You can view all your tickets by logging into billing, there's a page which shows your tickets.

We use WHMCS ticketing as-is provided by WHMCS. So if you think their ticketing is buggy, please submit detailed information so we can forward that to WHMCS. Thousands of providers will have the same issue, so if you notice a bug it's a service to a lot of people if you report it.

you did reply, but, i have reply back and no answer. Maybe i will try ask it here, can you help with migrating data from old seedbox to new seedbox which is still on your service ?

• @iSky said:

@PulsedMedia said:

@Merlincool said:

@PulsedMedia said:

you did reply, but, i have reply back and no answer. Maybe i will try ask it here, can you help with migrating data from old seedbox to new seedbox which is still on your service ?

Migrating data using rsync should be helpful and easy thing to do.

edited October 2021

Anyone using this boxes how did you get sonarr /radarr to work with included rutorrent or deluge?

@PulsedMedia maybe you know how users connect thier rutorrent or deluge to sonarr/radarr?

I just got a box few days ago and I am quite happy with the performance (atleast deluge rutorrent is very unstable and I avoid using it anyways, also the peering to my isps is really great) but, I just cannot figure how do I connect deluge with my sonarr/radarr instance

@codelock said: you know how users connect thier rutorrent or deluge to sonarr/radarr?

https://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.php/Connecting_to_seedbox_using_transdroid
    Does that help? Meant for transdroid but has the connection settings for rtorrent as rutorrent as the middleman

Deluge probably has something similar, have not personally ever checked.

@Merlincool said: Okay that looks like user cannot have further interaction with support team on same discussion

Incorrect.
    You can always reply to a ticket. We just don't go proactively looking for tickets which are considered handled from our side.

• @PulsedMedia said:

@codelock said: you know how users connect thier rutorrent or deluge to sonarr/radarr?

https://wiki.pulsedmedia.com/index.php/Connecting_to_seedbox_using_transdroid
    Does that help? Meant for transdroid but has the connection settings for rtorrent as rutorrent as the middleman

Deluge probably has something similar, have not personally ever checked.

Nope that doesn't work,
    I even tried url listed in some reddit thread , but , that url gives me this error
    Link to XMLRPC failed. Maybe rutorrent is down

But rtorrent is running,

I know I can acess deluge by using : theurl.pulsedmedia.com/deluge-user/
    But sonarr and radarr don't accept the url in that format

So can I access deluge by

theurl.pulsedmedia.com:someport

I tried port listed for daemon web ui setting in deluge but it doesn't work.

For the 2 week I used your services I liked it for torrenting speeds are quite nice ,
    But without integration with sonarr radarr I don't think I would want to renew as it is 2021 and no one should manually search for torrents

• Nevermind I got a workaround to install qbittorrent

@codelock said: So can I access deluge by

theurl.pulsedmedia.com:someport

127.0.0.1:DELUGE PORT listed on .delugePort file in your homedir if irecall right, or check from deluge.

@codelock said: But without integration with sonarr radarr I don't think I would want to renew as it is 2021 and no one should manually search for torrents

Sorry but we do not offer this out of the box, you still have to configure that stuff yourself.

• Anyone running Jellyfin or Emby on one of these and can share some feedback?

edited October 2021

@Wicked said:
    Anyone running Jellyfin or Emby on one of these and can share some feedback?

Please don't, if you just want to stream the thing without any things like thumbnail etc, it may work fine otherwise disk speed is too low if you have thumbnail and stuff it will literally take eternity for it to load

Thanked by 1iKeyZ