Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

psychz.net yardvps.com photonvps.com got hacked?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

psychz.net yardvps.com photonvps.com got hacked?

kyakykyaky Member
edited November 2013 in General

http://www.psychz.com/

suggest everyone who had vps or account with them change your pass of all your current whmcs account if they have same login info. This is another shocking news after last time linode got hacked. Probably FBI will get involved soon again for futher investigation.

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Oops, that doesnt look good.

• got hacked?

definitely hacked.

HACKED <<

>> I told you motherfucker don't fuck with me go now and cry like a little bitch you and your fucking CEO all your data downloded and one of it has been sold <<

>> Fuck you Tim ;) <<

>> Fuck you psychz.net ;) <<

>> and thank you for the great data :D you can laugh now :D <<

>> This sites <<

>> psychz.net yardvps.com photonvps.com <<

>> has been hacked <<

>> I offer all of the databases for sale for just 100$ << </pre>

• Wow, doesn't look good at all.

• So who is the owner of these sites?

• budi1413budi1413 Member
    edited November 2013

Edited: Removed gif.

• I wonder what is actually got hacked. The last two are pointing to the hackers nameservers. Possibly he got in through nameserver/registrar, but not actually have the user database?

• @rds100 said:
    So who is the owner of these sites?

I don't know who owns it but the Psychz Network has had a fairly bad reputation for a long time because it is the source of a lot of crap: spambots, brute force hack attempts, etc.

old LET thread: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/1850/any-reason-not-to-drop-packets-from-psychz-net

more complaints of spambots and malware: https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/psychz.net

http://www.spamhaus.org/sbl/listings/psychz.net

Thanked by 2kyaky rds100
  • @DomainBop said:

They claim they have the optimized routings for Asian areas. That's why Chinese community buy them a lot. From China to West Coast, it only takes 150ms. Their servers are widely sold in Chinese market. The problems you mentioned did happen a lot.

• Photonvps/YardVPS and psychz, they might be a good provider in the past, but from some comments in WHT, they don't good enough today.

• Going to 91.227.221.213(yardvps.com) sets off my antivirus "Infection:HTML:Defacement-N [Trj]"

• putaorenputaoren Member
    edited November 2013

their site seems working now

• @putaoren Off topic, is your name due to the fact that you like pu tao wine?

• putaorenputaoren Member
    edited November 2013

@vRozenSch00n said:
    putaoren Off topic, is your name due to the fact that you like pu tao wine?

Hoho,i guess not,just wanna be a person like pu tao.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

There was a brief compromise of our domain registrar, Enom, in where an intruder gained access and changed the DNS to point to their own servers with a defaced version of our various websites. The intrusion and security risk was limited at the registrar level. Customer data is safe, nothing to worry about on that front. We have regained control of the domains and have repointed them to our company servers.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@DomainBop said:
    We're working to clean up the abuse issues but it's taking time. Trying to clean up the name :)

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited November 2013

That's one pissed off mother fucker.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Psychz runs some weird rdns setup that I don't much understand that makes it really difficult to track activity later when your logging is set to use hostnames. Generic rdns actually gets resolved but no A records or CNAMEs to look up that match it, unassigned.psychz.net. It really pisses me off. Good riddance.

• virus in the site ?

• @budy1413 - I need that Gif, it's super fancy awesome. (want to post it on someone's fb timeline for bday)

• @jarland said:
    Psychz runs some weird rdns setup that I don't much understand that makes it really difficult to track activity later when your logging is set to use hostnames. Generic rdns actually gets resolved but no A records or CNAMEs to look up that match it, unassigned.psychz.net. It really pisses me off. Good riddance.

Huh, it's the same as we do - It prevents Spam from hacked customer servers (and dumb spammers) because the default RDNS does not resolve.