Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

who else got covid after the vaccine?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

who else got covid after the vaccine?

On cue to the recent vaccine post (and no I'm not antivax)...

I had 2 shots of pfizer and still got covid (tested and confirmed), felt like a cold but I was sick like 5 days.

Did anyone else get covid post vaccine?

Comments

• rchurch is typing...

Thanked by 2webcraft TimboJones
  • @stevewatson301 said:
    rchurch is typing...

i think rchurch died no cap last active aug 1

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy

IMO, being vaccinated does not mean you're immune to Covid.

It's just to minimize the critical effects of Covid so you don't get really sick.

Even after 2 doses, you can still be infected, especially within 14 days of the 2nd dose.

• @DP said:
    IMO, being vaccinated does not mean you're immune to Covid.

It's just to minimize the critical effects of Covid so you don't get really sick.

Even after 2 doses, you can still be infected, especially within 14 days of the 2nd dose.

it was like 5 months after, but yeah, it felt like a cold instead of fucking dying.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We have a few hospitalized here that were vaccinated. Only one on a ventilator.

Thanked by 1Foul
  • @jar said:

similar to what I've heard, it's usually the older folks too with compromised immune systems.

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited August 2021

@jar said:

Same here. Many in hospitals, some in intensive care but nobody dead after 2 vaccines, so I guess it does its job well for those that could have died otherwise.

Thanked by 2SirFoxy vimalware

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

Same here. Many in hospitals, some in intensive care but nobody dead after 2 vaccines, so I guess it does its job well for those that could have died otherwise.

That does seem to be the growing sentiment. I'm observing to see if I agree. It's looking good so far. But for a virus that ranges from "didn't know I had it" to "died on a ventilator" it's hard to say with absolute certainty what would have happened to anyone.

• @jar said:

@stefeman said:

@jar said:

That does seem to be the growing sentiment. I'm observing to see if I agree. It's looking good so far. But for a virus that ranges from "didn't know I had it" to "died on a ventilator" it's hard to say with absolute certainty what would have happened to anyone.

I'm 23 and was still drinking and shit, literally just felt like I had a cold, it wasn't remotely near death.

Thanked by 2jar vimalware
  • Those who got Covid before vaccine and still alive much more safe for now.

Thanked by 1WSWD
  • I think the third wave has just started in our place. My neighbour who got both doses of Covishield in March and June has been admitted in hospital due to breathing issues.

More than 50% are tested positive out of 218 samples checked yesterday. Test positivity rate is very high. It's spreading so fast.

Within 2 days, signs like throat pain, body pain appears followed by high fever. My relatives (note they are Vegetarians) who took even both doses of vaccine says that they cannot cope with the body pain. A few says that they cannot breathe well while sleeping and they have to sit and pass the whole night.

• JasonMJasonM Member
    edited August 2021

I've read confirmed news from across various Nations and WHO guidelines and advice too that includes following:

• Any covid vaccine is effective only for 8-10 months. So many countries are trying to give 3rd dose as booster. And may be we will have to take 4th one too later.
    • All most all covid vaccines are in-effective for Delta+ and newer variants that scientist found after May 2021. Since vaccines were made for original covid which came in 2020 and its has since changed its structure.
    • Newer / Modified vaccines can be more effective on Delta+ and newer variants. But such vaccines might be on trial and testing stages as of now.
    • After 1st and 2nd covid vaccine shot it does saves people from death or serve hospitalization but vaccine does not guarantees that you'll be 100% safe from covid.
    • You can get mild covid even after vaccination.
    • Except Russian Sputnik vaccine, which they claim to be more than 90% effective, rest all vaccines are 70-80% effective. That means we have 30% chance to get Covid. But that will not be deadly covid like it happened in earlier stages all around the world. Means people may not require oxygen beds/ICU except really ill ones. But for masses they will be saved from what they call harsh/high-intensity covid.
    • Wearing double mask in public places, Not attending public events like music concerts, hand sanitization is MUST until covid is fully nulled from this planet.
    • People all around the world are thinking that taking 2 shots of vaccine are making them "immortal" against covid and they are failing to implement precautions and thus getting infected again and again.

above are my personal opinions from news and info gathered from internet and not a medical advice.

• jackbjackb Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2021

@JasonM said:
    rest all vaccines are 70-80% effective. That means we have 30% chance to get Covid.

It varies. As you noted efficacy decreases as time goes on, so may reduce from say 70-80% effective for symptomatic infection to 50-60% after ~8 months. However, it's still greatly more effective when looking at hospitalisations and deaths.

tl;dr is masks and washing hands and avoiding unnecessary close contact is still a good idea once double jabbed. Annual boosters are likely.

Thanked by 2JasonM vimalware
  • pbxpbx Member
    edited August 2021

@jackb said: Annual boosters are likely.

... for the eldery and people with weak immune system. For everybody else, cellular immunity will likely be enough for a long, long time. People might get sick, but it's going to be asymptomatic or mild in most cases. Antobodies will die off at some point, but T & B cells are here to stay!

Thanked by 1JasonM
  • jackbjackb Member, Host Rep

@pbx said:

@jackb said: Annual boosters are likely.

... for the eldery and people with weak immune system. For everybody else, cellular immunity will likely be enough for a long, long time. People might get sick, but it's going to be asymptomatic or mild in most cases. Antobodies will die off at some point, but T & B cells are here to stay!

The MHRA in the UK are yet to decide if they will offer boosters to people not in the priority groups.

I think it is likely they will make it available to people who want it - possibly paid like how you can pay to get the annual flu jab if not strictly required.

Thanked by 1pbx
  • aquaaqua Member, Patron Provider

I have gotten the first/main variant and the Delta variant. Both from restaurant waiters and restaurants taking proper precautions (being sarcastic if you can't tell).

The first one was before I got the vaccine and the Delta variant was when I had the vaccine and in London.

I will say that my time was a lot easier when I had the vaccine (even though it was the Delta variant), but it was still rough. Would wake up mid-night with the chills shivering and teeth clattering.

I would say, get the vaccine, it will make your time with COVID less miserable. Luckily I have anti-bodies for both of the most popular so I should be fine (will still wear a mask in large gatherings).

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2021

@SirFoxy said: I had 2 shots of pfizer and still got covid (tested and confirmed), felt like a cold but I was sick like 5 days.

a few of my friends had the same, so in this case my opinion is pointless to have any vaccination.

@jackb said: if they will offer boosters to

they do offer boosters shortly (starts from September) and other shite just make sure punters are happy with what ever "medicine" they do put inside.

@DP said: IMO, being vaccinated does not mean you're immune to Covid.

true and doesn't guarantee anything the same as you don't get really sick as people still do get really sick even after the vaccination.

• edoarudo5edoarudo5 Member
    edited August 2021

An acquaintance who had completed his SinoVac shots had worse CoVid experience than me who is unvaccinated. He had asthma and diabetes though. That's not to say my experience wasn't terrible because it was. Even if you survived from CoVid, there's a chance you'd experience symptoms that would disrupt you from functioning properly in your daily life after "recovering" from it. Mine seems to be dizziness and heart palpitations that occur often. Was going to get vaccinated but my doctor advised that it might not be a good idea right now considering my health but I could get the shot after 3 months when I feel a little better.

• I just want to go to the park without a mask on

@vovler said:
    I just want to go to the park without a mask on

Who stopping you? Park is open place outside so no masks required to breath the fresh air

• ZappieZappie Member, Host Rep, LIR
    edited August 2021

@WebProject said: Who stopping you? Park is open place outside so no masks required to breath the fresh air

A lot of regions/countries have rules in place where if you leave your house/bubble you’re required to wear a mask (and even at times an added face shield)

• @WebProject said:

@SirFoxy said: I had 2 shots of pfizer and still got covid (tested and confirmed), felt like a cold but I was sick like 5 days.

a few of my friends had the same, so in this case my opinion is pointless to have any vaccination.

I'm going to rewrite this so maybe you'll be able to see how ridiculous that statement is:

"A few of my friends were wearing bulletproof vests during a gun battle, and they got injured pretty badly. So, in my opinion, it's pointless to wear a bulletproof vest."

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited August 2021

@Zappie said:

@WebProject said: Who stopping you? Park is open place outside so no masks required to breath the fresh air

A lot of regions/countries have rules in place where if you leave your house/bubble you’re required to wear a mask (and even at times an added face shield)

Yes, different countries have different rules and SOPs.

As I was told, by my family members in the UK, they are only required to wear masks indoors, and not outdoors.

Whereas for the most parts of Asia (or SEA at least), as long as you're not in your own home, be it outdoors or in someone else's home, you are strongly advised to wear a mask - either have 2 layers or wear a face shield on top of it.

• @deank how do we punish those who abandon nigh sect

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Time will do it. The end will come to them.

edited August 2021

@aj_potc said: A few of my friends were wearing bulletproof vests during a gun battle, and they got injured pretty badly. So, in my opinion, it's pointless to wear a bulletproof vest.

it's different. Covid is like a flu just developed in labs, but no one was obsessed or mad about flu vaccination

• @WebProject said:
    Covid is like a flu just developed in labs, but no one was obsessed or mad about flu vaccination

I know they don't mean much to you, but the opinions of the professionals are mixed regarding the origins of the virus. A lot of information is missing. I'm sure you don't have an inside track on that.

While it's not as dangerous as some initially feared, statistics are clear that Covid-19 is indeed more dangerous than the seasonal flu, especially for people with comorbidities. One of the very first things we learned (well, most of us) is that Covid is not the flu.

I know, I'm wasting my time telling you all of this.

Bottom line is more people are in the hospital with COVID-19 here than have been at any one time with the seasonal flu in any year since I've been alive.

I'm skeptical of a lot of things but what I can know is what's locally available to me and within the physical view of family members I trust.

Thanked by 1webcraft
  • @WebProject said:

@vovler said:
    I just want to go to the park without a mask on

Who stopping you? Park is open place outside so no masks required to breath the fresh air

well maybe in your country...

• In my family all are vaccinated, no one yet has gotten covid-19, thank GOD! with the vaccine also comes responsibility, to help mankind we all have to follow the experts advice.

Thanked by 1webcraft