Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I got the Vaccine today, after delays - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I got the Vaccine today, after delays

2»

Comments

• Are your vision receptacles not spherical?

• @aiden1 said: Are your vision receptacles not spherical?

How am I supposed to see them? Its not like they're hot swappable.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@CheepCluck said:

@aiden1 said: Are your vision receptacles not spherical?

Anything is hot swappable if you're brave

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • ksx4systemksx4system Member
    edited August 2021

@jar said:
    You should get one of those vaccination tattoos so everyone knows.

this

@Neoon said:
    I don't understand why people are pushing for this bullshit.

because most people think using their TV sets and not brains

• @MikeA said:

@jar said:
    Let's not forget that the chances of that happening are still close to the chances of dying in a car accident.

So, close, right?

• @jackb said:

@MikeA said:

@jar said:
    Let's not forget that the chances of that happening are still close to the chances of dying in a car accident.

There'll be someone (probably not rchurch - to his credit despite my disagreement with him, he seems to read and understand the content; though we come to different conclusions -, but someone who consumes the same media) who comes along and says that some of those 637k are people who tested positive and died in car accidents.

That makes the difference larger, meaning if none of those 38K died in car accident, some would eventually die from covid.

• @CheepCluck said:

@aiden1 said: Are your vision receptacles not spherical?

They're 100% hot swappable. Closing your eyes is the same as taking the bad HDD out of service, then remove and replace spectacles and finally reopen eyes.

Whatever it is, anything + anything else is more than just one of the two. Everything that has a statistical probability of killing you each day, adding a new one to the list is noteworthy.

• I got vaccine 5 months ago. But since July, my dermatitis becomes quite frequent, like happening every month, one last at least 2 weeks. It used to be once in 3-4 months. I don't blame the vaccine, perhaps its my bad hygiene, poor diet, and surroundings that trigger the allergy reaction.

I hate this. I dont mind having itchy skins on my butt, but why the fuk it happens on my face.

• @jar said:
    Whatever it is, anything + anything else is more than just one of the two. Everything that has a statistical probability of killing you each day, adding a new one to the list is noteworthy.

Ever connected resistors in parallel or capicators in series

edited August 2021

@codelock said:

@jar said:

Only on LET lol. I'm right. If you have a 1% chance of dying on any given day from A, and a 1% chance of dying on any given day from B, you have a 2% chance of dying on any given day from either A or B.

Substitute the variables however you like I don't care lol. If it's such a complicated concept I'm going to need a white paper on my desk by Tuesday.

• @jar said:

@codelock said:

@jar said:

Only on LET lol. I'm right. If you have a 1% chance of dying on any given day from A, and a 1% chance of dying on any given day from B, you have a 2% chance of dying on any given day from either A or B.

Substitute the variables however you like I don't care lol

Only because I am free and love to go off topic:

The probability of someone with covid and dying from an accident are still less than that of a person dying with either covid or an accident

Further reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conditional_probability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayes'_theorem

edited August 2021

Wait you mean nothing is static and everything has potential modifiers? Fuck everything I knew is a lie. Up is down, right is left, I need someone to wipe my ass now I've been rendered useless 🤣

Numbers change if you introduce modifiers, mind blown lol. Next up, if you add 1 to 5+5 the answer is no longer 10! Is this magic!?

Do whatever you need to change the percentages to your liking, the concept still fits. For christ's sake this is why I don't post on Reddit lol

• I really need to stop posting random shit otherwise @jar might sue me for making him delusional

Thanked by 1jar
    edited August 2021

Okay so if this is a proper dispute of my theory, tell me how I'd be wrong to suggest that this corrected concept should be able to prove that each new virus which can end in fatality, if added to the world and no others removed, decreases the chance an individual has to die on a day to day basis.

This to say, the more different factors that could kill someone, simplified into the the average chance that they could kill someone on a given day, the less chance an individual has to die each day that a new factor is introduced. I know it's an oversimplification but I post on the toilet, not to be confused with a peer reviewed white paper.

All the concept seems to me to prove is that the percentage chance of any one factor killing you is a variable relative to other variables, but not that adding new risk factors doesn't increase total risk. By that logic risk management should be all about combining a maximum number of risks to reduce the total risk. More risks, less risk. More threats, less chance of being a victim. More ways to die, less chance you'll die. Doesn't fit my brain. Someone fix me if I'm broken lol

• codelockcodelock Member
    edited August 2021

@jar said:
    Okay so if this is a proper dispute of my theory, tell me how I'd be wrong to suggest that this corrected concept should be able to prove that each new virus which can end in fatality, if added to the world and no others removed, decreases the chance an individual has to die on a day to day basis.

This to say, the more different factors that could kill someone, simplified into the the average chance that they could kill someone on a given day, the less chance an individual has to die each day that a new factor is introduced.

All the concept seems to me to prove is that the percentage chance of any one factor killing you is a variable relative to other variables, but not that adding new risk factors doesn't increase total risk. By that logic risk management should be all about combining a maximum number of risks to reduce the total risk. More risks, less risk. More threats, less chance of being a victim. More ways to die, less chance you'll die. Doesn't fit my brain.

Nothing wrong with it I was just shit posting.

As long as both factors are independent like it should always be greater then either of two. I actually wrote 5 paragraph long explanation of independent probabilities and how it differs form term mutually exclusive but then I realised
    I dont care

Thanked by 2jar vedran

Okay you've restored my sanity ♥️

• Still waiting for my 5G installation

• JustPfffJustPfff Member
    edited August 2021

Woo this thread in page two now , I'm glade it entertain some of you,
    But why all of you misunderstood me that much I'm not Anti Vaxxer, and not religious person, and not conspiracy theorist .
    maybe I could not explain my idea right since I'm not native English speaker(not big excuse) but there is some sensitive subject in local culture about vaccine, I can't fully understand .
    Sorry to disappointing all of you guys, but look for your prey somewhere else.

• @codelock said:

@jar said:

Have you? Not sure what point you were making...

• @jar said:

@codelock said:

@jar said:

Substitute the variables however you like I don't care lol. If it's such a complicated concept I'm going to need a white paper on my desk by Tuesday.

I don't think that's true, given the odds of everything that can kill you each day adds up over 100%. Or does it?

Or that because one death prevents the occurance of a second death, it can't be 1%+1% but some number >1% and <2%?

Or do all potential chances of dying have to add up to 100% so that every new potential way to be killed just decreases the previous potential ways?

Any car analogies?

LowEndStaticians?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @TimboJones said:

@codelock said:

@jar said:

Have you? Not sure what point you were making...

I think his point is that two resistors in parallel (or capacitors in series) makes it less resistance (or capacity) for that matter.

one could argue though that other values in that calculation will increase it's math in physics still, so you'd get something more with two anyway, maybe just not of what you think that would be ^^

actually an interesting analogy to think about. both are right.

Thanked by 1TimboJones