Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

CWP (Centos Web Panel) for shared environments
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CWP (Centos Web Panel) for shared environments

FlorinMarianFlorinMarian Member, Host Rep
edited August 2021 in General

Hi, there!
I'm curious if someone here succeed to sell web packages based on CWP instead of CPanel.
Also I would like to know if someone can provide feedback about CWP Pro feature cgroups if it really does same job as CloudLinux or not. (meaning each user home folder protection)
EDIT: Found right now that CloudLinux alternative is this feature, not cgroups: wiki.centos-webpanel.com/cwp-secure-centos-kernel
Thank you!

Comments

• AlwaysSkintAlwaysSkint Member
    edited August 2021

I use it (CWP Pro) to host a few clients - keep things basic and it works great, most of the time. Some sites have been running for a few years, with little ill effects and CWP has been a viable WHM/cPanel alternative. In the main, I prefer the GUI to all other control panels, apart from them stupidly removing the official CSF GUI, in favour of their own crap versions.

The devs are clueless and won't take constructive criticism. Updates are poorly tested and regularly breaks "stuff" (hence just using the basics). They have no idea on release cycles, nor changelogs. I rely on my own user backup methodology, due to their insistence to ignore advice and continued flaws in their method.

Quotas are poorly implemented and seem to be mostly ineffective. Fortunately, with my small and known user base, this isn't a big problem.
    I haven't yet taken the time to explore the cgroups and whether it actually limits things.

As for CWP secure CentOS kernel: I wouldn't even remotely consider using it, given the poor track record of the devs release mayhem!

Yup, this mostly sounds negative but going back to my original sentence, keep things basic (Apache only and a fixed PHP version, for example) and it works great.

Thanked by 1FlorinMarian